Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi.

On one ticket it can be checked all the way through

The arrivals lounge is lanside after bag reclaim and customs

Regards

Tbs
Old Feb 24, 2020, 7:16 pm

Programs: BA silver
I want to post a quick thank-you to Karfa, CWS and other contributors to this thread. We were delayed out of LYS on the weekend and ended up with just 50 minutes to connect to a flight to YYZ . We were at C gates and our flight was listed as departing from B gates. We took the passageway to B, the elevator to 0 level, and the transit security was entirely empty (of passengers). We even managed 10 minutes in the quiet B gates lounge before boarding. The potentially stressful connection was rendered smooth. Thanks very much.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 4:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yhm71
I want to post a quick thank-you to Karfa, CWS and other contributors to this thread. We were delayed out of LYS on the weekend and ended up with just 50 minutes to connect to a flight to YYZ . We were at C gates and our flight was listed as departing from B gates. We took the passageway to B, the elevator to 0 level, and the transit security was entirely empty (of passengers). We even managed 10 minutes in the quiet B gates lounge before boarding. The potentially stressful connection was rendered smooth. Thanks very much.
Thanks yhm71. Glad to hear you made it. It may not be obvious to some that you can go through connections at C and B so you certainly saved yourself quite a bit of time by avoiding going to A and coming back.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 2:24 pm

Location: Los Angeles and Eastern Sierra (weekly travel to SJC). "Home airports": LAX/BUR/BIH/SJC
Programs: SWA A-List Preferred, TSA Pre
Does anyone have a similar diagram or photos from the old Terminal 1?

That terminal was fascinating to me with how complicated it was. I only got to go through the FCC once and there are holes in my memory.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DataJunkie
Does anyone have a similar diagram or photos from the old Terminal 1?

That terminal was fascinating to me with how complicated it was. I only got to go through the FCC once and there are holes in my memory.
Hi DataJunkie.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. Nothing I know of in the BAEC board unfortunately, but I am pleased to see there are some comments in the thread you started in the U.K. and Ireland board.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 3:16 pm

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Cannot believe it has been almost a year since I last posted something in BA forum. Anyway, after 8 months of cheating on BA, I am flying speedbird again, but because BA cut their frequencies quite a bit, going on two separate PNRs which involve a transfer from T5 to T2 with 100 minutes between my flights (well, 80, considering gates are closing 20 minutes before departure). My second ticket is fully flexible, but would hate to wait 5 hours to take a later flight.
I know it used to be doable (did it in under 60 minutes on multiple occasions), but with all recent changes could someone confirm:
1. Do t5-t2 airside busses still run every 5 minutes?
2. Do they still stop at T5B - my flight is likely arriving in 5C, so would rather walk to 5B?
Or are things less efficient now and unless my first flights lands 30 minutes ahead of schedule, I should not even attempt it, but rather clear immigration and hit London for a pint of tea?
Old Oct 26, 2020, 3:58 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by luitje
1. Do t5-t2 airside busses still run every 5 minutes?
2. Do they still stop at T5B - my flight is likely arriving in 5C, so would rather walk to 5B?
Or are things less efficient now and unless my first flights lands 30 minutes ahead of schedule, I should not even attempt it, but rather clear immigration and hit London for a pint of tea?
It's easier to do these days, due to the generally much quicker time to get through security and a very good chance your arriving aircraft will be 10 minutes or more early. There aren't many aircraft coming into T5C, but if it happened then yes, the bus will stop at T5B, the only thing that has changed is that the bus won't stop automatically, the HAL staff member at T5B will arrange it to stop. However I don't think it makes sense to use T5B unless you arrive into T5B, you may as well take the shuttle to T5A and the bus from there, there is no overall time advantage in going to T5B. The bus is not running at 5 minute intervals, it varies during the day, with more services in the morning, but you can assume a 10 minute wait between buses as a general guide.
luitje and KARFA like this.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Just when we think 2020 can't get more unusual, we get this for BA1390 to MAN!

Seems I will have to update my list of domestic boarding gates in post 3.

Last edited by KARFA; Dec 29, 2020 at 1:38 pm
Old Dec 29, 2020, 1:43 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by KARFA
Just when we think 2020 can't get more unusual, we get this for BA1390 to MAN!

Seems I will have to update my list of domestic boarding gates in post 3.

Wierd. You might jokingly suppose that it could have been a trip to Manchester, NH... Airport code is apparently MHT, but alas not.
KARFA likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Did a bit of a walk around T5A today and it seems pretty much every gate is now fitted with the biometrics so basically UK/DUB flights can go from anywhere in T5A. A1-A3, A4a-b, A5-A9, A10a, A11-23 all have it now so it is only the other A10 sub gates (A10b-e) which don't have the biometric equipment.

Also as noted above it seems at least one B gate has biometrics. I may walk over to check next time I am here and see whether there are any others in B.

Last edited by KARFA; Apr 12, 2021 at 8:11 am
Old Apr 18, 2021, 4:14 am
Original Poster

So all gates now checked in B and C. All the self boarding machines seem to have biometrics by default, and all have the yellow foot prints marked out. However, only B44 and B45 have the biometrics also at the manual boarding stations at the gate so I assume only those to can be used for UK/DUB/JER flights. There was a flight leaving for DUB at B44 when I passed so it does seem they are being used unfortunately.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Can I assume from that that JER-LHR flights arrive at the B-Gates? Or is that an assumption too far? Just trying to look ahead, as far as one can, for our hoped-for JER-LHR-ANU and how it might work connection-wise.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by T8191
Can I assume from that that JER-LHR flights arrive at the B-Gates? Or is that an assumption too far? Just trying to look ahead, as far as one can, for our hoped-for JER-LHR-ANU and how it might work connection-wise.
I think they were arriving at A23 and taking the DUB corridor behind immigration? I don’t think they were using the UK arrival gates at the north end of T5A.

If they arrive anywhere other than A23 you would be bussed to the door below A23.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Thanks, KARFA ... handier for the FLounge, as we have a 3-hour layover, IIRC!
Old Apr 19, 2021, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
I think they were arriving at A23 and taking the DUB corridor behind immigration? I don’t think they were using the UK arrival gates at the north end of T5A.

If they arrive anywhere other than A23 you would be bussed to the door below A23.
Correct, JER is treated the same as DUB so has to arrive into one specific part of the terminal. A22 works as well though, it doesn’t have to be only 23. If an aircraft parks up at B gates, or anywhere else, a bus would have to be used.

The addition of biometrics at other gates is to be welcomed though as it increases operational flexibility for departures - the use of B gates to domestic destinations means the aircraft can be used interchangeably on domestic and other shorthaul routes. One of those B gates also has the facility to depart onto remote stands - which can mean a shorter bus journey than it would be from A4.
T8191, KARFA, LCSinTexas and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.