Wiki Posts
Search

Yellow tag for all carry-on?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:18 pm
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by phol
Had my bag tagged for the first time the other day. I don't see why i should be penalised for only bringing a small rucksack with me because BA didn't think through the consequences of the HBO fares. If putting the rucksack/laptop bag under the seat was enforced I would just start bringing a half empty roll-aboard and utilising priority boarding. BA seat pitch is already tight enough without having to put stuff under the seat in front.
I agree, but I thought they only tagged 2nd pieces of hand luggage. I've always thought that the problem is that the yellow tag means both 'it must go under the seat' and 'you're guaranteed to have it on board'. If I only have 1 piece, I don't think I should be required to put it under my seat, and I think it should be guaranteed on board. In effect, I'm sure both of those things happen, but if it's all up to discretion anyway, I don't see the point of the tags.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:43 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
I think the only purpose of the tags is to retrain us all, both staff and passengers, that bin space is scarce in more densely packed planes. There's no other rational explanation for the approach BA has taken, so I have to assume they've intentionally created a confusing system to distract from the real issue ( that the overhead bins should be larger, or the seat pitch greater ). This would be consistent with the use of checked baggage priority tags, which are a cheap way to make us feel valued even though they guarantee nothing.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 10:50 pm

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
I was asked to yellow tag my only (small) carry on last week on a flight to DUS 'because the flight was very full'. I said no and pointed out there were only 71 pax booked on the flight. I don't like being told a flight is full when it isn't.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 12:26 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
I still think whoever came up with this tagging scheme is an idiot. Tagging the bag that can't go in the bin is the worst idea ever - put the tag on the things that CAN go into the bin and Voila - people will want to have the tag. But why create an easy system that would work?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.