Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yellow tag for all carry-on?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2015, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by sts603
Good thing you didn't pull that on me. A drink would have probably been poured over your head. All my bags go up. Period. That's why I fly enough to get priority boarding.
A late entry in to the dykwia thread for 2015...
Old Dec 27, 2015, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by Bluebirdnick
A late entry in to the dykwia thread for 2015...
Managed to scrape in by 4 days… ^
Old Dec 27, 2015, 11:52 am

As an aside (and I'm sure it's been mentioned), would it not be far easier for ba to use the yellow tags for baggage that CAN go in the overhead bins rather than luggage that cannot? That would stop the problem of people 'losing' their tags and taking more then their fare share of bin space.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 12:41 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Yellow tag for all carry-on?

The problem is that they cannot guarantee space for all larger bags to fit. They used to have a green sticker for large bags.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
They put the yellow tag on my hand luggage every time... and telling them I am seated in the front row of CE cabin doesn't seem to help...
Old Dec 27, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Nor should it, please refer to the annoucements made onboard by the cabin crew.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
The problem is that they cannot guarantee space for all larger bags to fit. They used to have a green sticker for large bags.
I love BA's logic - to give passengers more choice they've introduced the HBO fares, now they've changed hand luggage policy because they have too many bags in overhead bins rather then checked in... I wonder what's coming next - charging for a large/second hand luggage piece as other airlines do? (e.g. WizzAir)
Old Dec 27, 2015, 7:53 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
All my bags go up. Period. That's why I fly enough to get priority boarding.
What would happen if everyone with priority boarding ignored the rules like you?

A disappointing post. Well done on the entry for a DYKWIA prize though
Old Dec 27, 2015, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by User Name
Have you ever poured a drink over another passenger's head? Would be very interested to hear what happened next. You don't sound shy, so I'm assuming you'll be happy to entertain us all with your story.
My guess is offload and probably police getting involved since it's at an airport...
Old Dec 28, 2015, 2:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Silver, A Club
I've seen yellow tagging discussed a lot on short hall flights, but how often does it happen on long haul? Was flying to Calgary on Christmas Eve and the gate staff were yellow tagging and inviting passengers to check in hand luggage at the gate in return for priority boarding as it was such a full flight. There was quite a take up
Old Dec 28, 2015, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by megaloman
They put the yellow tag on my hand luggage every time... and telling them I am seated in the front row of CE cabin doesn't seem to help...
That's because many people tell us they're sitting in the front row or exit rows ( even when they're not) in an effort to avoid having their bags tagged. So we just tag all small pieces for everyone in WT+ and WT. The small number of people really sitting in the front row or exit row, will have to put their bags up anyway but these should be just above their rows. Not all over the place!
Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
Slightly off-topic.... I usually sit in row 2 on domestic flights, and have almost never flown a leg without someone in row 1 having to be "reminded" that their cabin bag has to go up top rather than blocking the floor. Quite amazing how many people manage to get themselves into an aircraft but apparently fail to understand the basics of hand luggage...
Old Dec 28, 2015, 12:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Good thing you didn't pull that on me. A drink would have probably been poured over your head. All my bags go up. Period. That's why I fly enough to get priority boarding.
I shall give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were sozzled when you posted those foolish remarks.
If not, then all I can say is I'm awfully glad I don't fly a lot with folk like you about.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I shall give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were sozzled when you posted those foolish remarks.
If not, then all I can say is I'm awfully glad I don't fly a lot with folk like you about.
BA's introducing a new form of IFE it seems - not even slightly tempted?
Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:08 pm

Had my bag tagged for the first time the other day. I don't see why i should be penalised for only bringing a small rucksack with me because BA didn't think through the consequences of the HBO fares. If putting the rucksack/laptop bag under the seat was enforced I would just start bringing a half empty roll-aboard and utilising priority boarding. BA seat pitch is already tight enough without having to put stuff under the seat in front.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.