Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA " How Many Bags Can You See Passengers Boarding With " Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA " How Many Bags Can You See Passengers Boarding With " Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2015, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by henkybaby
I am now in my dark blue period.
Henkybaby, you need to come to the Kegelclub (bowling club) in Oberhausen! I will be there tomorrow, at the behest of your namesake Hempybaby. (I hope, as a retired fireman, he doesn't have to give me a fireman's lift after the schnaps drinking again!) You'll certainly get a light blue period after an evening with that lot!
Old Oct 11, 2015, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Yesitsme
You wouldn't see this kind of behaviour on my flights. Recently, two passengers boarded with a big guitar each, in the kind of case that can also carry 3 week's worth of clothes. Both guitars had been tagged. Full flight. I simply said we'll leave the guitars in the front galley until fully boarded and if there's room at the end they can be stowed in the cabin. Worked a treat
Anyone else who tries to board over the limit I ask them if they're traveling on their own (as in whether they're the family pack-horse or not). If they're on their own, I remind them politely of the allowance and ask them which one they'd like to put in the hold. Not everyone is agreeable to it, but it does work.
I

Whilst delighted by your adherence to the rules (really) I would like to see crew bags in the hold or located anywhere other than club Europe storage areas.

To be absolutely fair would like BA to drop this ludicrous policy and allow 1 bag only with a total weight of 7-10 kegs max. The current policy is an accident waiting to happen. A high speed stop of more significant accident is like to result in fatalities from falling bags or bags that block aisles. Just why anyone needs 3-4 pieces of baggage is beyond me.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 4:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
On BA: 2 max-size wheelie + a laptop bag on a guy, ex-ZAG

On another carrier I cannot remember the identity of: 6 large supermarket carier bags (what the?!)
I flew on QF about 8 years ago in First and the lady in 1K had 6 tesco bags which the crew helped her stow. She also had a bit of a BO problem..........I did think English eccentric but she was an Aussie,
Old Oct 11, 2015, 4:49 pm

Around this time last year I turned up at a plane at BCN with a pushchair which I had folded and put in a bag (for those who know their pushchairs, a bugaboo bee, about 1m x 50cm x 30cm when folded.)
Imagine my surprise when I was told by the crew to just bring it on and put it in the lockers. The flight was busy and it took up a whole locker, but it did fit without issue.
OK so we were in CE and had no other hand luggage but even so...

Sorry, this isn't really what the OP had in mind is it? I'll try again.

Last year flying BCN to LHR some DYKWIA in CE had not only brought a baby into a premium cabin, barging on board in front of everyone else, but he had the nerve to take up an ENTIRE locker with a pushchair. Some people...
Old Oct 11, 2015, 5:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Last December we were waiting at Berlin for our return flight to LHR when someone got off the incoming aircraft with a life size teddy bear… I kid you not. Whether it occupied a seat or took up the majority of an overheard bin, I never found out...
Old Oct 11, 2015, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by ppp909
Around this time last year I turned up at a plane at BCN with a pushchair which I had folded and put in a bag (for those who know their pushchairs, a bugaboo bee, about 1m x 50cm x 30cm when folded.)
Imagine my surprise when I was told by the crew to just bring it on and put it in the lockers. The flight was busy and it took up a whole locker, but it did fit without issue.
I saw this on an ALC - LGW late night flight last year. CE was in fact empty (5 rows), and on the front row of Y I could see the CC sticking not one, but two fold up buggies into the overheard bins. We were a little late departing due to a full Spanish security check of the aircraft and pax (helpfully instigated at 00:15 and delaying our departure until 01:00). I guess the crew were eager to leave!!
Old Oct 11, 2015, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Last December we were waiting at Berlin for our return flight to LHR when someone got off the incoming aircraft with a life size teddy bear… I kid you not. Whether it occupied a seat or took up the majority of an overheard bin, I never found out...
I know people who would have bought a seat for the bear.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by binman
I

Whilst delighted by your adherence to the rules (really) I would like to see crew bags in the hold or located anywhere other than club Europe storage areas.
On my flights the crew bags go to the back of CE or front of ET for the crew working at the front. We are not allowed to check our bags into the hold on the Airbus.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Gold
Erm... My personal record..

Max size cabin bag
Suit carrier
Max size laptop bag
+
21.5" IMAC bought at the duty free!

Luckily it was the old 747 and I was in the upper deck so they had a huge wardrobe...
Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by MADPhil
I know people who would have bought a seat for the bear.
This bear was BIG, and it was being carried (inebriated?!) off the aircraft by an adult, NOT a child!
Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
I was on that very flight (it wasn't me, by the way!) I can confirm the bear was stuffed into an overhead.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:50 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Nothing I've seen on BA compares to what I've seen on AA in the US.

I once saw a woman pulling a huge roller case behind her with a substantial holdall on top of it. She also had some kind of hiking backpack on (to the effect that she looked like a small child on their first day of school), and two clanking bags of airport shopping. To cap it all off, she was desperately trying to control a wriggling Dachshund under her arm.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50k, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plus Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Presidents Club
deleted

Last edited by mlafqtv; Oct 12, 2015 at 11:03 am Reason: deleted
Old Oct 12, 2015, 10:58 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50k, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plus Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by ScruttonStreet
I am very pleased to hear this - I wish more of your colleagues were like this

Originally Posted by mlafqtv
+1
Please let Yesitsme be on my flights!!

Last edited by mlafqtv; Oct 12, 2015 at 11:05 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.