Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
This 2015/16 thread is now closed. The 2017 thread is:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1818553-premium-fare-deals-j-f-2017-edition.html

A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals. This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads can be found below.

Enjoy your Premium Experience.

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330... (just click on the book with American link to get the good price. )
Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards..

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare deals (J and F)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2016, 4:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by PETER01
You have special powers and can actually smell a good fare?
Haha special FT powers!
Old Sep 12, 2016, 5:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Bummed about this being pulled early too! Was looking at Puerto Rico for a week after Christmas. I hope something else comes up that I can use to get 320 TPs before January 8th...
Old Sep 13, 2016, 12:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I booked two of these and having learnt from the past booked them well before the official deadline (we actually discussed this with some FTers on Saturday, I was of the opinion that it is not a mistake but it will be pulled early, et voila...). I am going to HNL for NYE, and to SEA for Easter!
Old Sep 13, 2016, 12:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by BlackSkyuk
This that for AA and BA bookings?
KLM, Air France, SAS and some other airlines also have 24h cooling off periods. It's best to make a list of them, in case you need to decide quickly.

BTW, I don't think AA offers 24h cooling off period on UK website. You can hold the fare and book it later.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 12:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Yes, free 24-hour hold on AA site - very useful feature indeed !
Old Sep 13, 2016, 1:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I booked two of these and having learnt from the past booked them well before the official deadline (we actually discussed this with some FTers on Saturday, I was of the opinion that it is not a mistake but it will be pulled early, et voila...). I am going to HNL for NYE, and to SEA for Easter!
I booked SEA for my husband the same day the fare was reported on FT, just to be on the safe side

And about "flash fare deals" and the like, we have already a general agreement at home in the line of book first and then cancel before the 24h if something doesn't work
Old Sep 13, 2016, 1:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Lefly
I booked SEA for my husband the same day the fare was reported on FT, just to be on the safe side

And about "flash fare deals" and the like, we have already a general agreement at home in the line of book first and then cancel before the 24h if something doesn't work
Very sensible arrangement! ^
Old Sep 13, 2016, 3:18 am

I am proud of myself. I did not book anything in the ex-CH/DE sale. I was very close to doing so, but all I really needed was a a TLV->SAN around Christmas. I did look very hard at a TLV->GVA on U2 followed by GVA->LHR->SAN, but the risk of an unprotected mis-connect two days Christmas was more risk than I wanted to take. Will be doing TLV->SAN in WTP for the same money now, but will have a protected transfer at LHR and 4 WTP sectors around the holidays for an SCH is bound to result in at least one op-up.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by bonzo
I am proud of myself. I did not book anything in the ex-CH/DE sale. I was very close to doing so, but all I really needed was a a TLV->SAN around Christmas. I did look very hard at a TLV->GVA on U2 followed by GVA->LHR->SAN, but the risk of an unprotected mis-connect two days Christmas was more risk than I wanted to take. Will be doing TLV->SAN in WTP for the same money now, but will have a protected transfer at LHR and 4 WTP sectors around the holidays for an SCH is bound to result in at least one op-up.
How do you get the op up? I also lost out on ex/de from tlv to nyc yesterday. Going to have to do the wtp via heathrow.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey

BTW, I don't think AA offers 24h cooling off period on UK website. You can hold the fare and book it later.
Yes, you can hold the fare on AA, but they won't always honour the price if the sale is pulled during the 24 hr hold period. As I discovered to my cost earlier in the year
Old Sep 13, 2016, 9:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by highlandguy
Yes, you can hold the fare on AA, but they won't always honour the price if the sale is pulled during the 24 hr hold period. As I discovered to my cost earlier in the year
So did I, with the CDG-HNL £1000 fare, alas!
Old Sep 13, 2016, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by shayele
How do you get the op up? I also lost out on ex/de from tlv to nyc yesterday. Going to have to do the wtp via heathrow.
There is no guarantee naturally, but based on my past experience 4 WTP sectors on days when WT is oversold (Christmas, bank hols etc) at least one sector will get the magic beep if you are on your own and have status. I may avios upgrade the sector I really care about, SAN->LHR

I don't expect op-ups as I will have paid for WTP and don't expect something for free.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
So did I, with the CDG-HNL £1000 fare, alas!
As did I this time around

However GGL couldn't match the fare anyway.

Should've just bought on AA and cancelled in 24h if I didn't need it. Ah well - always next time!
Old Sep 13, 2016, 3:50 pm
Formerly known as linzbh

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
so I got LHR-JFK EWR-LHR over christmas and new years for £1319.35 WT+ out J back and UUA the outbound the J for an extra £33 and 20K avios!

Not a great deal i know but i was looking at BHX-JFK RTN for £1300 (angle flat J)

I know i could have gotten DUB or ORY or about 1.1K but i didn't want the hassle of early morning flight and risk of connect or night before flight + hotel so i figured to myself it was a good deal.

initially thats why i was looking at BHX because its only a short train up from London but still possible the night before because of the AA 09:00 departure.

I UuA on my last DBX trip and netted the full 210TP on the return F flight I upgraded so heres hoping i get the 140 by mistake as well
Old Sep 14, 2016, 3:38 am

Programs: BAEC
Any chance of OW matching the current skyteam offer from Madrid? At these prices I'm almost tempted to ditch my avios flights for an upcoming trip and give DL a try:

https://goo.gl/flights/EZ4q

Also available for sub £800 if you connect via CDG. Similar prices to much of the east coast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.