Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: percysmith
Letter template 1 (percysmith): Please explain "obvious pricing error" Post #258
Print Wikipost

Discussion about the ex-Germany fares

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2015, 12:44 am
Original Poster

Discussion about the ex-Germany fares

The meet up thread has run its due course, with BA deciding to not honour most? tickets. Please continue the discussion here.

For reference, the original thread can be found here.

As always, be civil, respectful and courteous to each other. Challenge the opinion, not the poster.

/BAEC mod team.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 12:51 am

My credit card charge from BA just went from "pending" to complete. Good timing. I get the email saying my trip has been canceled and then an hour or two later my credit card charge goes through.

Just a coincidence I know.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
As mentioned earlier, got the refund email with an incorrect amount on. Just called BA and got a clueless woman who put me on hold for 30 mins, then came back with that shes put a note on file and I should wait up to 10 days for the refund.. Really dont like the whole way this 'obvious' error has been handled.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by englisha
As mentioned earlier, got the refund email with an incorrect amount on. Just called BA and got a clueless woman who put me on hold for 30 mins, then came back with that shes put a note on file and I should wait up to 10 days for the refund.. Really dont like the whole way this 'obvious' error has been handled.
If they refunded me €1,000 too much in this case I would be saying absolutely nothing.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:08 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by DANNYB111
If they refunded me €1,000 too much in this case I would be saying absolutely nothing.
But I beleive it was another poster who got extra, and this poster got nothing
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:13 am

Programs: BA silver
just got off live chat with Ebookers, will get back to me within 24-48hrs...
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:13 am
Suspended

BA has charged my AMEX but do I have to called them for refund ?

No email, no nothing but the status is cancelled.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Re-posting in this thread - My exchange rate at point of sale on AMEX was EUR1.3966 per £ - could there be a benefit when it is refunded?! I think it has dropped about EUR0.04 since then - which isn't a bad amount over a £4,500 spend...

** update - two of my £827.35 bookings have been refunded - £835.20 showing cleared on statement.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:19 am
Original Poster

You couldn't make this up.
Do they not analyze and think things through before executing in the relevant departments? I am lost for words. The people I've met and interacted with over the years, mostly at BAEC, operations and crew have all been smart good people.

But this?
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:25 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Re-posting in this thread - My exchange rate at point of sale on AMEX was EUR1.3966 per £ - could there be a benefit when it is refunded?! I think it has dropped about EUR0.04 since then - which isn't a bad amount over a £4,500 spend...

** update - two of my £827.35 bookings have been refunded - £835.20 showing cleared on statement.
Yes, I mentioned this as a possibility in the last thread!
I am also wondering how the last 24hrs has changed their outlook for premium cabin travel to the far east. Hmmmm....
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:26 am

I can't post an image, but my refund confirmation just came, stating an amount just short of €38,000.

Presumably something has gone wrong with some zeroes somewhere, as the refund amount should be more like €3,900.

I suspect the refunded amount on my credit card will be correct.

I cannot believe a large company like BA can get so many things wrong in such a short space of time.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:39 am

Programs: BAEC
My booking is still showing everything normal on the OTA website I booked on and I've yet to receive any correspondence from BA.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:44 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Originally Posted by Petrus
You couldn't make this up.
Do they not analyze and think things through before executing in the relevant departments? I am lost for words. The people I've met and interacted with over the years, mostly at BAEC, operations and crew have all been smart good people.

But this?
+1

I have no direct interest in this affair but have had a few occasions when BA seems to have gone out of its way to withold small amounts from refunds etc thus managing to negate most of the good will they might have achieved. This whole episode however looks like an organisation out of its depth and without a coherent plan to deal with its own error.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:46 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DANNYB111
I can't post an image, but my refund confirmation just came, stating an amount just short of €38,000.
Could that be the 'sweetener'?
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by zumiker
My booking is still showing everything normal on the OTA website I booked on and I've yet to receive any correspondence from BA.
It is the travel agent who should contact you in this case rather than BA. You can check the status of the ticket using checkmytrip.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.