Community
Wiki Posts
Search

News from the GGL F&M Event

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2015, 11:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OWS)
Presumably it's the lease for all of T5, not just the lounges.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 1:25 am

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
Great news about T7 being revamped!
Old Jul 17, 2015, 1:48 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Purim
Unless the signing of the new T5 lease is imminent, the news on T5 lounge refurbishment does not sound promising.
Originally Posted by gms
Who else would take the lease for the lounges in T5 other than BA?
This is interesting. I spoke with GS of the Flounge a couple of weeks ago - just having a whinge about the stifling heat and the state of the ladies' washrooms. She was quite certain the refurb was starting later this year as BA acknowledge the space is "tired" and now needs work. No mention of any dependencies...

Sounds like a potential excuse to delay starting work. Really hope not
Old Jul 17, 2015, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gms
Realistically no one but they don't want to make improvements under the current lease term, then open themselves up to a higher market rate - because the property is better - when they've funded the existing improvements over the short period remaining on this term.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 3:10 am

Programs: BA GGL; Hilton Diamond
And now for the news you've all been waiting for: I won the hamper :-)
Old Jul 17, 2015, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ian001
Great news about T7 being revamped!
Not entirely sure about that T7 is a dump and unless an air side option from T7 to T8 is added the inconvenience of connections remains.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 3:15 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by loungesnob
Congratulations!
Old Jul 17, 2015, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by gms
More shops
Old Jul 17, 2015, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by zeltergiset
Presumably it's the lease for all of T5, not just the lounges.
No, that is not how it works. HAL owns the terminal. BA leases the floorspace it needs and/or can get. The day HAL decides that Galleries North would bring in more money as a new Harrods outlet will be the day it closes.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Raffles
No, that is not how it works. HAL owns the terminal. BA leases the floorspace it needs and/or can get. The day HAL decides that Galleries North would bring in more money as a new Harrods outlet will be the day it closes.
So in a way, HAL can demand the rent they feel they deserve. Just like any normal office. I know I read a number of years ago the shops rent I didn't realise the airlines were the same. I thought with HAL charging for people to check in etc, they made enough money.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 3:36 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Originally Posted by loungesnob
Congrats! I wonder who got the flights?
Old Jul 17, 2015, 3:54 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Raffles
More shops
The lounge spaces aren't exactly prime retail real estate ... no passing traffic based on the design of T5.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 3:58 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Purim
Unless the signing of the new T5 lease is imminent, the news on T5 lounge refurbishment does not sound promising.
The numbers don't quite make sense to me too. So T5 opened in March 2008. So that's over 7 years and 3 months. So when did this 7 year lease start that they are waiting to renew? It can't have started from the original opening date, since that was over 7 years ago

I'm guessing they must have had a short-term lease starting from before the official opening (I assume on different contractual terms, since the opening date was fluid?).
Old Jul 17, 2015, 4:08 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the write up - interesting.

Originally Posted by Banana4321
[*] I asked KW about the YQ charge. He said that it was coming down and had been removed from CE flights already - for LH he anticipated this coming down and being removed eventually given where the price of fuel is today. He claimed that the totality of YQ income to BA has not yet and never will make up for the losses BA incurred from the increase in fuel charges over the past few years.
I can't accept this as an argument - a supplier should either build the costs in up front, or hedge them where possible. What isn't appropriate (which is what he seems to be suggesting) is that because you made a loss on a sale last week you should increase your selling price this week to try and claw back the losses (or have I got the wrong end of the stick ).
Old Jul 17, 2015, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
Thanks for the write up - interesting.

I can't accept this as an argument - a supplier should either build the costs in up front, or hedge them where possible. What isn't appropriate (which is what he seems to be suggesting) is that because you made a loss on a sale last week you should increase your selling price this week to try and claw back the losses (or have I got the wrong end of the stick ).
Well that is was YQ is. Who is to know what BA are paying for their fuel at the moment. They may be hedged the wrong way round right now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.