Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Will BA print my e-ticket on boarding card paper?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Diamond

Hello everyone

Taking my friend on a weekend away in CE to AMS. I remember someone saying that BA once printed their e-ticket or intinerary receipt on to the boarding card paper and was wondering if:

1) BA would still do this, and
2) where would I have to go for someone to do this for me

That way I can give them a nice physical gift instead of just telling them and/or giving them an email print out.

I'll be flying NCL-LHR in a week so would be nice if I could somehow get it done whilst I'm down there.

Thanks
James

Last edited by JamesNCL; Jul 21, 2015 at 1:57 pm
Old Jul 6, 2015, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Interesting…

I would, at a guess, think your best bet would be to try and sweet talk one of the ladies at NCL to see if they can do something for you? Or, if not, then ,maybe pop up to departures when you get to LHR and see if there is a nice person on one of the desks who might be able to help. Maybe better go go to Zone E (I think it is…) at LHR, the "assistance" area in the curve at the back of all the check in desks…

Just make sure you let them know what it is all about, and maybe they will see the sweet side of it.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
BA check-in desks will definitely print the e-ticket receipt onto a boarding pass card when you check-in, so that could be a backup plan if a souvenir for your friend to keep would be welcome.

However, I don't know whether a BA desk would do that in advance of travel.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 12:43 pm

They will certainly be able to do this at NCL.

Having printed my boarding passes at home, the scanner at security has failed to read them on the last two occasions and I was sent back to the check in desk to get new boarding passes which are indeed the card type you require.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by passy777
... and I was sent back to the check in desk to get new boarding passes which are indeed the card type you require.
As I read the OP's question, it wasn't about boarding passes but an e-ticket receipt, but printed on ATB size stock.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:28 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Globaliser
As I read the OP's question, it wasn't about boarding passes but an e-ticket receipt, but printed on ATB size stock.
Yes quite. I very much doubt NCL will do this as an on spec request, but of course that doesn't mean you shouldn't ask. Perhaps the best bet there is to ask around at the check in desk where the designated ticket agent is sitting. Unfortunately, the coupons are very much a thing of the past, although there are some exceptions.

Personally, for the ticket I think you would have more luck asking at LHR. If it is just a boarding card you are after, once checked in, it would be best to use a machine, as an agent may not issue a boarding card for someone else.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 2:47 pm

I'm a bit puzzled by this - wouldn't the e-ticket receipt need to be completely reformatted to fit BP card?

Or is an option to print the old style ticket receipt format still knocking around somewhere in the system?
Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:05 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I have my doubts whether NCL can do this, but here's an alternative way:

http://www.ayleebits.com/2006/06/10/...save-the-date/

This website leads to a Word Document which has a boarding pass style template on it. With a bit of cut/paste from BA.com of images, you'd probably quickly do a better one than BA itself can do!

Maybe you can have a go at it, and share it here? Others may be able to chip in images for example.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
An e-ticket is an e-ticket. There is nothing exciting about it. If you want a real paper ticket, you can probably ask BA to issue you one. I know it still happens in some cases out of necessity, but not sure if they can do it on-demand.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
I'm a bit puzzled by this - wouldn't the e-ticket receipt need to be completely reformatted to fit BP card?

Or is an option to print the old style ticket receipt format still knocking around somewhere in the system?
The US airlines can definitely print receipts on BP paper at airport desks - I have been given these a few times recently on rebooking.

I'd have thought BA could do it too but don't know for sure.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BA can print an itinerary receipt on BP stock. Had that plenty of times. Useful for immigration in funny places to show I don't wanna stay in that funny place forever...
Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
The option is definitely there. I got two last week.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Diamond
It gives me pleasure to be able to come back to this thread and report back that a very helpful BA agent at Zone E did this in a matter of minutes for me and said it was no inconvenience whatsoever!

James
skipness1E and CloudGazer like this.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Lucky if you got card rather than the bogroll stuff that seems to be standard in many stations these days.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 4:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by jamesellis
It gives me pleasure to be able to come back to this thread and report back that a very helpful BA agent at Zone E did this in a matter of minutes for me and said it was no inconvenience whatsoever!

James
^^^

We had a 'proper' BP printer for a travel project I was working on once. It was fun to print out things for exotic destinations, although IIRC the device was hard wired to print a 'Not valid for travel' type phrase on things.

A married chap in another team had caught the eye of a colleague but he was resisting her advances. So naturally we mischievously printed out a couple of itinerary slips with their names in and left them under his keyboard. He panicked somewhat more than we had anticipated when he saw them and actually thought that she was taking him away .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.