Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Will BA print my e-ticket on boarding card paper?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will BA print my e-ticket on boarding card paper?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2015, 5:14 pm
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesellis
It gives me pleasure to be able to come back to this thread and report back that a very helpful BA agent at Zone E did this in a matter of minutes for me and said it was no inconvenience whatsoever!

James
How many BPs did they need to use to print your e-ticket? When I print even a simple e-ticket on standard A4 paper it uses 6-7 sheets!

Or by e-ticket did you actually just mean itinerary?
Old Jul 22, 2015, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by gms
How many BPs did they need to use to print your e-ticket? When I print even a simple e-ticket on standard A4 paper it uses 6-7 sheets!
The ATB (boarding pass) size e-ticket receipt will get an entire e-ticket (4 coupons) onto a single card. The information is rather abbreviated, but it will remind those of a certain age of the passenger coupon at the end of a paper ticket booklet.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by gms

Or by e-ticket did you actually just mean itinerary?
I think this speaks more to the very poor design of the e-ticket receipt than anything else.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I think this speaks more to the very poor design of the e-ticket receipt than anything else.
Agreed - the immediately was very much less wasteful, as you could usually get all of the pertinent information onto both sides of a single A4 sheet.

But that's what happens when you design everything for tablets, which is the "house style" that the new e-ticket receipt follows.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Agreed - the immediately was very much less wasteful, as you could usually get all of the pertinent information onto both sides of a single A4 sheet.

But that's what happens when you design everything for tablets, which is the "house style" that the new e-ticket receipt follows.
The e-ticket receipt has always been poor running to several pages when one would suffice and containing a lot of information which would have been better shuffled off into different documents. I have been having to print them for expenses purposes for years and see no sudden deterioration.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I have been having to print them for expenses purposes for years and see no sudden deterioration.
The pertinent trip-specific information has recently blown out from 2 (occasionally 3) sides of A4 to 6-7 sides of A4. That's the recent change.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Any BA ticket desk, including the ticket desk at NCL, will be happy to print out an e-ticket receipt onto ATB-format stock.

Note that I am referring to the ticket desk, not the check-in desk.

The e-ticket does not need to be for immediate travel and does not even need to be for travel in the future. If you can provide the ticket number on an ancient itinerary they should be able to print a copy for you.

Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:00 pm

Sorry to bump an old thread but does anyone have any more recent experience of this? I've booked a surprise trip and would rather proper card tickets than just an A4 printout if it's possible! Going through LGW next week so was hoping to stop by the desk and give it a go.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Still works fine - I got one printed a couple weeks ago at LHR GF, and ask for them occasionally. Guest Services can normally do it, but I've encountered some funny agents once in a while who state they simply cannot do it or know how. First time I went up to GC who said "they should've done it downstairs", second time I just went to the main entrance where it was done in a couple seconds. All you need is the booking reference (and to be the passenger).
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Don't use BA desks at JER ... they use the supermarket till-roll version!
Old Oct 11, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I have my doubts whether NCL can do this, but here's an alternative way:

DIY: Boarding Pass Invitation / Save The Date | Aylee Bits

This website leads to a Word Document which has a boarding pass style template on it. With a bit of cut/paste from BA.com of images, you'd probably quickly do a better one than BA itself can do!

Maybe you can have a go at it, and share it here? Others may be able to chip in images for example.
If anyone does want to do this, I do have the templates (home made) of the last style ba boarding passes, I made them for my wifes wedding gift and there pretty good so happy to share with fters!

just send me a pm and Ill send it over on email
Old Oct 12, 2018, 6:20 am

Thanks for the help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.