Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Upgraded at online check in

First Y flight booked in years - OLCI to find in WTP now - and what looks like a pretty full cabin... Here's hoping for a second beep at the gate! First ever upgrade ^ (possibly because usually on exEU J!!)
Old Aug 25, 2016, 9:07 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, BAEC Gold
LHR-NRT,787-9, gate upgrade from CW to F... but experience ruined because the cabin was severely under-catered:
- 30 minutes after ordering dinner, a crew member came to my seat to apologize for the unavailability of my choice, and offers *one* choice.
- During breakfast, only ONE of three choices was available.

Maybe Alex Cruz also "enhancing" first class?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by flozano
LHR-NRT,787-9, gate upgrade from CW to F... but experience ruined because the cabin was severely under-catered:
- 30 minutes after ordering dinner, a crew member came to my seat to apologize for the unavailability of my choice, and offers *one* choice.

Possibly everyone else getting their preference before you as you were a late upgrade.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 11:57 pm

Programs: BA GGL
I got a gate 'upgrade' yesterday to DUB which saw me lose 11F and 'gain' 7D. Only a short hop so no problem. The A320 was stuffed to the gills. My first ever ET upgrade as far as I can recall.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 2:10 am

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, Miles+Bonus Blue
Both me (Silver) and my wife (Blue) upgraded at the gate on Wednesday from Rome to Heathrow - moved from the exit row on the 767 to row 9 so not the best seat swap, but the food and improved beverage selection were certainly welcome and the crew were excellent.

First time upgraded on BA, hoping for it to continue on Monday when travelling to Toronto!
Old Sep 2, 2016, 9:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
Am on a bit of a roll at the moment, receiving a magic beep on three of my last four flights where an upgrade was possible;

- to CE, DUB-LHR on the last leg of a trip to Vancouver;
- J to F, SIN-LHR last weekend;
- to CE, FRA-LCY this evening (on an Embraer 170 which I'm not sure counts, unless FLY works its magic).

Hopefully that's not my three for the year, but if so I'd be quite happy.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 9:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by flozano

Please do complain to BA, First has been the subject of several enhancements of late.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Y -> W on the daytime LHR-DXB flight. W in the Super-Hi 747 is a huge improvement over the older W and I would venture to add that it is probably the one cabin on BA that actually meets expectations (only the new W not the old)
Old Sep 3, 2016, 1:40 am

Programs: Ba Bronze
First post, but got upgraded from Economy to Club on JFK-LHR on Thursday on a high J config 747. First upgrade ever! Bronze member. Probably due to the outgoing flight being delayed by 5 hours and having to sit in an old 747 at 40 degrees since the aircon wasn't working at the start. Arriving at JFK at 1am in the morning.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 3:42 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Continental OnePass, BA Executive Club, Tesco ;)
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Welcome always_browsing! A Special Meal is a sure way to not get an upgrade. Will reduce your chances to almost 0%
I always tell me wife not to put in her SM request on any airline for this reason.

Interestingly, however, she had done this in BKK on a BKK-DXB flight on Emirates last week and it didn't stop both of us receiving the magic beep at the gate to go from Y-J (I'm Skywards gold, she is silver).

Maybe EK play it differently.
Old Sep 3, 2016, 5:00 am

WTP -> J on SIN-LHR. Had just boarded when another person had been assigned the same seat.

WTP -> J LHR-SYD, twice(!). Both times, was transiting through terminal 5 at LHR and heard the magic beep. I'm usually in Y, or WTP, so the lay-flat bed was amazing. I could get used to J
Old Sep 4, 2016, 10:31 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
HKG > LHR, J to 1A in F.
First long-haul upgrade since 2008, made GGL last week and flight was packed, so nice to see status holds some sway if they need to shift people around.
Great crew btw - still makes the difference between a great flight and just a normal one.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 10:56 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jonnyg87
First post, but got upgraded from Economy to Club on JFK-LHR on Thursday on a high J config 747. First upgrade ever! Bronze member. Probably due to the outgoing flight being delayed by 5 hours and having to sit in an old 747 at 40 degrees since the aircon wasn't working at the start. Arriving at JFK at 1am in the morning.
Welcome to the BA forum here on Flyertalk jonnyg87. It's good to see you here, welcome on board. I hope the upgrade diminished the other wise rotten journey that you had.

Originally Posted by tsergori
WTP -> J on SIN-LHR. Had just boarded when another person had been assigned the same seat.
OK, not quite the first post, but since you are currently posting once every 6 years by all means feel free to up your productivity! Welcome to the BA Forum.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Can you upgrade me into premium economy class or World Club Class? I can't pay a seat. It's too expensive. All I want to be free. I already bought a ticket in a few months ago. I am going back to Basel again. I got cheap tickets. Any idea? Can I move into premium economy class and I need more legroom. I have a long legs.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 12:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by N830MH
Can you upgrade me into premium economy class or World Club Class?
I doubt it is going to happen. There's no harm hoping, but BA rarely gives upgrades, for all the discussion here, and you will not that many of those getting upgrades are Emerald level. Indeed there are plenty of BA Golds who report not ever getting an upgrade. All you can do is ensure your AA number is in the account, not that it helps much, and that you check in at the first opportunity. Don't select a special meal however. It's not down to staff discretion incidentally, upgrades are effectively selected and ranked in advance by the computer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.