Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
Originally Posted by BAMuc
Op-Up from WT to WT+ on last night's BA114 JFK to LHR - Sat night and high-J configuration probably helped! Got seated on the throne, yayz!
I abdicated a "throne" on that very flight, the B one.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 3:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; M&M FT
Originally Posted by littlefish
I abdicated a "throne" on that very flight, the B one.
Well, I thank you for surrendering it - they put me on the B throne
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by thatsthebadger
The guys refer to it locally as KZN ...
Isn't that the entire province they're talking about?

Back on the topic: There's nothing quite so tantalising as being upgraded on DUR-JNB, because it always leaves you wondering for a few hours whether the same magic might happen on JNB-LHR. (It never does. IME.)
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:24 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I'd be interested to know if any BAEC Golds have been upgraded on AA or US flights, or do they always fill their premium seats with their own status passengers?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; M&M FT
Originally Posted by headingwest
I'd be interested to know if any BAEC Golds have been upgraded on AA or US flights, or do they always fill their premium seats with their own status passengers?
I've been upgraded to First as a BAEC Silver on US recently; only short hop from BOS-PHL though. It was a "spontaneous" upgrade by the agent at the gate during boarding - no lists/screens involved etc
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
Both MrsAITF (Silver) and I were upgraded on an AA DFW-LHR in January this year from J to F. Very glad about this because we got flat beds instead of angle-flat (which we had been dreading). There were also other BAECs who had been upgraded on that flight.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Oh wow, so I do have a chance then!
Old Jun 30, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Silver
I was upgraded from J to F on JFK - SFO in April.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:28 am

Yesterday WTP to CW on LHR-EWR... great crew and service too.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
mrs our_kid and I both upgraded Y>J on the 77W MIA-LHR - super cheap O Class tickets too. We were delighted!
Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:47 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
My wife (Blue) and I (Silver) were upgraded from W to J on overnight DXB-LHR a few days ago.

I don't know if this had anything to do with it but we had a separate ticket to arrive in DXB and we were checked-in by the other OW airline at T-36 (ie. before OLCI was available).

We had chosen seats at the time of booking. Also, we would have booked Y but W was cheaper for some reason, so I'm going to treat this as as a double upgrade

(An unaccompanied minor, about 15 years old was also upgraded to J on the same flight. Perhaps he had status.)
Old Jun 30, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I had an upgrade on the weekend, US to UK. That makes 2 of 3 down for the year if the new policy is correct.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by our_kid
mrs our_kid and I both upgraded Y>J on the 77W MIA-LHR - super cheap O Class tickets too. We were delighted!
Was flight full or empty or something in between?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
Was flight full or empty or something in between?
Full - we had reserved MCE but got bumped up
Old Jun 30, 2015, 6:44 pm

Programs: BA GCH
I've been bumped up from WT+ to J twice in the past month(!); both to Canada (Vancouver & Montreal) - for both my return flights were already processed as avios upgrades to J. Check in was usually 24hrs on the dot along with mobile boarding pass.

I noticed on the last, to Montreal, looking at the app 2hrs before departure I was bouncing around on a new seat the CW cabin (I already had my mobile boarding pass for WT+ - so made a quick screen grabs to prove if later downgraded). Vancouver, the UG was already applied when I went to check-in.

I'm silver. Last time I was UG was 7yrs ago while silver and flying BA to Auckland (Via QF via LAX) on the QF flight from W to J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.