Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
And again! After being upgraded LGW AMS, AMS LGW also scored me an op up at the gate. No idea how or why as they could have moved the curtain to accommodate all in Y.

I'm now really hoping that I haven't used my three lives already this TP year as I have until June and LGW AMS is not as attractive a candidate as LHR KUL in WTP on Friday night!
Old Oct 11, 2015, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Cymro
And again! After being upgraded LGW AMS, AMS LGW also scored me an op up at the gate. No idea how or why as they could have moved the curtain to accommodate all in Y.

I'm now really hoping that I haven't used my three lives already this TP year as I have until June and LGW AMS is not as attractive a candidate as LHR KUL in WTP on Friday night!
I'm pretty sure we've proved the '3 lives' rule as dead and buried.

I was also led to believe that curtains are set in London and not changed in the outstation? Or am I mistaken?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:40 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I think you're right on both points, actually. (Well I'm not sure that the '3 lives' thing is actually disproven but there seem to be enough anecdotal evidence to make it look pretty weak - but three times in a week might still be a big ask!)

As for the curtain position, it seems so - I have a back-to-back on Thursday and there are only three rows of CE for that on both legs.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 8:27 am

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
Bumped to CE on my AMS-LHR hop yesterday.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 8:42 am

Got op-uped from WTP to CW on the 181 (LHR-JFK) yesterday (Oct 17). In fact the new seat assignment on that leg appeared on the app when I went to OLCI for my domestic leg to LHR the day before.

I suspected I might get an op-up because when I selected my seat at T-7 there were only about four left in WTP. The weird thing is that I had changed the date of my return the week before and the 181 was the only flight I could find with WTP still at my original fare.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 2:08 am

Programs: BA, SQ
Finally yesterday I got the beep beep at the gate, WTP to CW, DXB-LHR travelling with the Mrs.
She had already gone through as I was doing a final "pit stop" and I was wondering why she was waving so frantically from the other side of the gate to let me know where she was.
Quite a few couples were upgraded and CW still had quite a few seats left. Thankfully as the two of the three toilets downstairs were out of action....

Excellent end to our week holiday as we got a complimentary limo from the MAS to the airport, got this upgrade and then at T5 the 423 was there so no waiting around for a bus
Old Oct 19, 2015, 2:35 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Moved from J to F after take off on a flight from the West Coast last week. Cabin crew was same as on my outward leg from LHR and the CSD wanted to thank me for my loyalty to BA. Nice touch!
Old Oct 19, 2015, 3:40 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Lolbert
Moved from J to F after take off on a flight from the West Coast last week. Cabin crew was same as on my outward leg from LHR and the CSD wanted to thank me for my loyalty to BA. Nice touch!
Quite unusual for this to happen, I think?

Nice touch though. ^
Old Oct 19, 2015, 3:48 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Quite unusual for this to happen, I think?

Nice touch though. ^
I thought so! (On both counts)
Old Oct 19, 2015, 4:22 am

Programs: BA Silver
Wife and I were booked in WT on the BA 2158 to St Lucia tomorrow. When I tried to change our seats last night I received an error message saying that wasn't possible, but I could change them for the return flight next week.

When we checked in this morning we saw the map of the WTP cabin, and our BP now says World Traveller Plus.

Can't believe that we have got automatically upgraded before OLCI? We haven't received any email or text. Has anyone else experienced that type of upgrade so far?
Old Oct 19, 2015, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by Oriontube
Wife and I were booked in WT on the BA 2158 to St Lucia tomorrow. When I tried to change our seats last night I received an error message saying that wasn't possible, but I could change them for the return flight next week.

When we checked in this morning we saw the map of the WTP cabin, and our BP now says World Traveller Plus.

Can't believe that we have got automatically upgraded before OLCI? We haven't received any email or text. Has anyone else experienced that type of upgrade so far?
It's now relatively common. I find it happens more often to me than the gate-time op-up.

You should get a nice banner in MMB too ("As a valued member of the executive club ...").

There's a computer system which starts work (supposedly) at about 4 days out and continues moving people around until it's satisfied. I've found it actually starts really working at about 4 hours out. I've watched it at work by refreshing the seat map on one trip around that time.

You could see one person moved out, one moved in, a couple moved out, a couple moved in. It was interesting to watch.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 4:42 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Oriontube
It happens occasionally. Enjoy the upgrade.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
Op up at gate on yesterday's BA49 to Seattle. CW was totally rammed.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
I was on G class economy booking back from DME last week; upgrade to WTP message came up in MMB when I went to check in online, and then upgraded again to CW at bag drop.

Absolute result!
Old Oct 19, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Flying Club
Originally Posted by MPH1980
There's a computer system which starts work (supposedly) at about 4 days out and continues moving people around until it's satisfied. I've found it actually starts really working at about 4 hours out. I've watched it at work by refreshing the seat map on one trip around that time.
Is that four days out from OLCI or four days from departure?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.