Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confused??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Confused??

We are booked on a Lhr Gva flight tomorrow in CE. Family of 5, 2 adults, 2kids and an infant.

Had row 4 booked -we like sitting in a row, but at OLCI we've been moved to 1D,F and 2D,F. Row 4 is blocked and the only other row available is 11 which I don't fancy.

Any ideas why? I noticed earlier today MMB showed we had both sets of seats reserved. Since booking rows 1 and 2 have never been available.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by Mns1977
We are booked on a Lhr Gva flight tomorrow in CE. Family of 5, 2 adults, 2kids and an infant.

Had row 4 booked -we like sitting in a row, but at OLCI we've been moved to 1D,F and 2D,F. Row 4 is blocked and the only other row available is 11 which I don't fancy.

Any ideas why? I noticed earlier today MMB showed we had both sets of seats reserved. Since booking rows 1 and 2 have never been available.
Because BA enjoy seat shifting? That's all I can assume given the amount of time it happens. They particularly enjoy doing it to people who have booked their seats well in advance to ensure they get what they want!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:38 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Confused??

You have probably been moved to Row 1 as there's a baby bassinet there.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Its James Hillier. After he's had his daily stint of sending people emails with ludicrous flight suggestions, he likes to finish the day by doing some mischievous seat shifting before heading home to menacingly stroke his cat while mwuh ha ha-ing at a loud volume.

If he's in a particularly caddish mood, he logs onto FT to revel in mayhem of his rollicks.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks Paralytic!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Paralytic
Its James Hillier. After he's had his daily stint of sending people emails with ludicrous flight suggestions, he likes to finish the day by doing some mischievous seat shifting before heading home to menacingly stroke his cat while mwuh ha ha-ing at a loud volume.

If he's in a particularly caddish mood, he logs onto FT to revel in mayhem of his rollicks.
Do you think he can be real given the amount of irrelevant, rubbish emails he generates or just a figment of the marketing department's imagination. The guy they roll out at events is probably just an actor or a stunt double
Old Feb 11, 2015, 3:41 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by paul4040
You have probably been moved to Row 1 as there's a baby bassinet there.
There used to be but they were removed when the cabins were sardinated, seats shrunk, crammed enhanced.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:16 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Confused??

There may still be a bassinet there if it's a non-refurb A319, there are still a few about. I can't imagine why else they would move to Row 1 of all places.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Regardless I didn't want a bassinet for an infant 1 week away from turning 2! They are rubbish in CW, hence I chose a row together 6 months ago.

Soo annoying, but life's too short to do anything about it...
Old Feb 11, 2015, 5:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Will someone tell me how to do strike-through on FT?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Oxygen masks?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 6:41 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by gcuk
Do you think he can be real given the amount of irrelevant, rubbish emails he generates or just a figment of the marketing department's imagination. The guy they roll out at events is probably just an actor or a stunt double
The Ronald McDonald of BA (you may now commence your clown jokes)

Originally Posted by BA6501
Oxygen masks?
Hadn't realised these had been enhanced too!
Thought one 'advantage' of the set up was 3 masks for every 2 seats in CE - is there some quirk for infants (reach / size?)
Old Feb 12, 2015, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Internaut
Will someone tell me how to do strike-through on FT?
It's the [strike] / [/strike] tag.

So [strike]struck-out text[/strike] comes out as struck-out text.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 6:57 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Globaliser
It's the [strike] / [/strike] tag.

So [strike]struck-out text[/strike] comes out as struck-out text.
Thanks very much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.