Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2022, 3:25 am

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by xenole
Just popped in at 8am and the lady on the desk said the downstairs dining area opens at 9:30am. Just upstairs open until then.
Passed through on a T3 lounge tour on Wednesday. Only upstairs open mid afternoon Sampled the fizz (Aussie, nothing special) the pork casserole (ditto) and left for CX. Much better. Then moved on to BA & AA.

Such difficult research. The things I do for fellow flyertalkers 🤣
LCSinTexas and GOTBound like this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 3:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Waiting for my fish and chips, assuming it's still on the menu in the CX lounge, but the lunch menu doesnt start until 12pm. Then might visit the AA and BA lounges to see what's on offer. Eating small amounts, but going to be a fat boy day
Hoping to hit the LAX QF lounge this evening (or tomorrow GMT) for some salt n pepper squid.

Had a double espresso in the QF lounge earlier, and that was lukewarm and served in a cappuccino cup.

The Laurent-Perrier in the CX lounge has had to be restocked at least 3x so far.

The ice cream fridge is still there in the AA lounge. Agent on the desk confirmed the first lounge opens towards the end of this month.

BA F lounge:

Fishcake is salmon and dill. Bit dry and not much taste to be honest. Normal fish of sorts would have been better in my opinion.
PETER01, aks120 and flybymonkey like this.

Last edited by xenole; Nov 11, 2022 at 4:38 am
Old Nov 11, 2022, 4:35 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
I always ask them can I have a look at the lunch menu in the CX F lounge even if its way before 12. They are happy to provide you with a menu, just on the proviso n ordering before 12
Old Nov 11, 2022, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
BA lounge (jalapeńos are good!)

One of the staff in the QF lounge mentioned dining downstairs is from 9-12 (finishing when the QF flight boards) and then again from 5pm.

Lunch CX F menu:

CX Business food:

Drinks list:

AA Business lunch:

Last edited by xenole; Nov 11, 2022 at 5:55 am
Old Nov 12, 2022, 11:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, ALL, IHG, Hilton H
Managed CX Flounge for the requisite Dan Dan Noodles and Dim Sum, followed by cheese dessert and Lanson in BA this evening.
Gutted that AA closes at 5pm on Saturdays, was hoping for a bit of sweetie pick n mix action....

Old Nov 12, 2022, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Popped into QF and CX this week, later in the day than I have been previously. The QF restaurant was due to open at 17:00 which was going to be just too late for me, but had a look at the menu...

QF Evening Menu
GOTBound likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 1:42 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Am travelling to Madrid on BA metal in economy from T3 in economy. Would I be allowed to use the CX lounge as silver
Old Nov 13, 2022, 2:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by fdem
Am travelling to Madrid on BA metal in economy from T3 in economy. Would I be allowed to use the CX lounge as silver
Yes, the lounge operates at the regular OneWorld rules so you can use the business side.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by fdem
Yes to the BA Galleries Club lounge, AA Admirals Club, CX Business Class lounge and The Qantas London Lounge.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 11:05 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Just a cautionary note for a 9am visit to the Cathay First lounge a couple of days ago : with the continued closure of the AA International First lounge it was full to overflow : every seat taken with new arrivals circling around looking for a free seat. Wait time for restaurant-area brunch was 20 mins, with a rather harrassed-looking supervisor struggling to cope.

When full, especially with a good number of large ‘n loud customers, the space feels rather claustrophobic. The presence of a “Look at me everyone I’m in the throne seat !” social-media-type in the throne seat didn’t help with the ‘classy lounge’ vibe either ….
Old Nov 15, 2022, 3:16 pm

It’s a real mix at the moment. If you get a good crowd who talks to each other, the CX dining room can be like a big dinner party. If it’s full of obnoxious twits, it’s close to horrible.

If in the QF lounge after the morning PER has boarded, the staff tuck into whatever’s left for brunch, which makes for a delightful atmosphere if you eat and chat together (no sarcasm here, it’s actually a lovely experience as they’re all very friendly and full of great craic).

I’ll likely get shot down for saying this, but I have a real soft spot for the AA lounge. It’s enormous, always has plenty of space, the views are great, wifi is lightning fast, you can make a Bloody Mary, and the sweetie bar is wonderful. Just eat next door first
Old Nov 15, 2022, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Confus
If you get a good crowd who talks to each other, the CX dining room can be like a big dinner party.
I genuinely cannot think of anything worse. And no, I'm not fun at parties.
noniron, KARFA, LCSinTexas and 3 others like this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Just a cautionary note for a 9am visit to the Cathay First lounge a couple of days ago : with the continued closure of the AA International First lounge it was full to overflow : every seat taken with new arrivals circling around looking for a free seat. Wait time for restaurant-area brunch was 20 mins, with a rather harrassed-looking supervisor struggling to cope.

When full, especially with a good number of large ‘n loud customers, the space feels rather claustrophobic. The presence of a “Look at me everyone I’m in the throne seat !” social-media-type in the throne seat didn’t help with the ‘classy lounge’ vibe either ….
Why not move on to the business-class lounge: it's large enough to take in even the peak hour crowds. Although the two lounges may not share all menu items, the wonton soup is served on both sides of the kitchen - so I'm happy.
Genius1 and gliderpilot like this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Silver
Am flying out to Mad on weds dep 18:45 though will probably get there quite early as +1 coach gets in early and they don't have access.

So for a visit between 1500 and 1800 what are our best options for food given we're going to hit that between lunch and dinner gap. Was hoping to eat something substantial as by the time we land in Madrid and get to our destination, it will be late.

Eta am BA silver

Last edited by criso; Dec 19, 2022 at 10:54 am
Old Dec 20, 2022, 1:57 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
I think Qantas is the best lounge for you - but not totally sure when it closes (check OneWorld lounge finder for opening times). Cathay is also good but I think it's overly crowded these days, a victim of its own success! And you obviously also have BA as a fallback albeit it's usually pretty busy too in my recent experience. Have fun 🙂

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.