Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2022, 6:27 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by GOTBound
QF serves champagne in the dining area during lunch and dinner time, e.g. when the Á la carte service is available. It’s hidden under rosè.
So if you ask for a glass of rosé you get a glass of champagne???? 🧐

Like the FTer above, I thought champagne was for QF F pax and Chairman’s Club (or whatever it’s called) only.
Old May 13, 2022, 6:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
QF serves champagne in the dining area during lunch and dinner time, e.g. when the Á la carte service is available. It’s hidden under rosè.
The La Campagne Rosé de Cinsault, Pays d’Oc is not a champagne, it is a regular (still) rosé wine - it's about £6 a bottle for those who like to chose their wine based on cost
Old May 13, 2022, 6:40 am

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by krispy84
So if you ask for a glass of rosé you get a glass of champagne???? 🧐

Like the FTer above, I thought champagne was for QF F pax and Chairman’s Club (or whatever it’s called) only.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
The La Campagne Rosé de Cinsault, Pays d’Oc is not a champagne, it is a regular rosé wine - it's about £6 a bottle for those who like to chose their wine based on cost
Omg... I'll stand corrected, shame on me!
Good thing I'll stick to Cathay F lounge today, lets just blame this fault reading campagne on the glass of actual champagne consumed by me as we speak
Smid, Tobias-UK and krispy84 like this.
Old May 13, 2022, 7:09 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Omg... I'll stand corrected, shame on me!
Good thing I'll stick to Cathay F lounge today, lets just blame this fault reading campagne on the glass of actual champagne consumed by me as we speak
Phew, for a moment I thought I might have to spend 5 minutes out of the Cathay Pacific lounge when in T3, even when flying First we've not missed the CCR (we stay in First for the self-pour, but order from the business (because they seemed a bit funny when I asked to order from the dining room for sitting by the window, when the tiny little dining room was packed and queuing).
GOTBound likes this.
Old May 13, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I like both the CX and QF lounges. The former shades it in terms of ambience, and getting a nice view of the airfield, but the last few times I've been there it's been very busy. The QF lounge is nice and spacious, but I miss being able to grab a coke out of the fridge (or am I missing something)?
Old May 14, 2022, 1:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by Smid
Phew, for a moment I thought I might have to spend 5 minutes out of the Cathay Pacific lounge when in T3, even when flying First we've not missed the CCR (we stay in First for the self-pour, but order from the business (because they seemed a bit funny when I asked to order from the dining room for sitting by the window, when the tiny little dining room was packed and queuing).
Are we going to be stuck with this table service forever? Would tend to put me off the BA lounges somewhat.

Self pour is really nice, but what's wrong with self service food? Get exactly what you want when you want it...
dcmike, Smid, camdentown and 1 others like this.
Old May 14, 2022, 3:43 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver
Recently used the Qantas lounge & Cathay F. I was really impressed with Qantas’ catering options in the lounge - really delicious and restaurant quality. I was a tiny bit disappointed with Cathay’s catering as I felt like the food wasn’t great.

I prefer everything else about the Cathay lounge though - much more private and civilized than the Qantas lounge.
Old May 14, 2022, 3:51 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I do prefer the Qantas lounge washroom facilities. Individual rooms which are well designed.
Old May 14, 2022, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Grace B
Are we going to be stuck with this table service forever? Would tend to put me off the BA lounges somewhat.

Self pour is really nice, but what's wrong with self service food? Get exactly what you want when you want it...
I personally prefer the Club table service now. The buffet on BA was uninspiring, I think the choices from the table are much better than they were, a decent curry is what I had. I don't think that tended to be on the Club buffet, just meatballs, spagetti, rice and chilli.

Cathay Pacific buffet was still not there in the business lounge a couple of weeks ago, my other half was a fan and always had whatever was on it, but they had a curry at the noodle bar which knocked my socks off (though no chow mein anymore) so that's probably what would have been there.

I think the default covid choice was to take the buffets away due to it supposedly spreading via touch at first. Slowly they are coming back though. From the sounds of it though on the BA side its about lack of staff and six months clearance backlog rather than choice.
Grace B likes this.
Old May 14, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Plat, Avis PC, Sixt Pl,
We're off to VLC to visit the parents for a 1530 departure in a couple of weeks I'd only just realised it was T3!

We've done the club lounge to death over the years so is there anyone out there with young kids who prefer the CX or QF lounge? They're 3 & 6 so would like them to eat something 'simple' beforehand as the CE kids meal can be a bit hit and miss. Thanks!
Old May 17, 2022, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by South London Bon Viveur
I like both the CX and QF lounges. The former shades it in terms of ambience, and getting a nice view of the airfield, but the last few times I've been there it's been very busy. The QF lounge is nice and spacious, but I miss being able to grab a coke out of the fridge (or am I missing something)?
Grab your own can seems to be a feature of the CX lounge over the QF lounge. Particularly important when the barkeeper at the QF lounge is grumpy, as it was the case during my last visit.
Old May 17, 2022, 9:30 am

Concerning a la carte food choices, the QF lounge was a bit disappointing for lunch, when the lounge does not cater to QF customers. Just three of the six choices were available for lunch last weekend, including a strange hummus salad.
Old May 24, 2022, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by plaintalk
Concerning a la carte food choices, the QF lounge was a bit disappointing for lunch, when the lounge does not cater to QF customers. Just three of the six choices were available for lunch last weekend, including a strange hummus salad.
Agreed, better choice in Cathay or BA for lunch
Old May 24, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
First time connecting through T3 for 2 (3?) years and I finally got to spend some time at Qantas gin bar, try the pepper squid, etc. Ray guided me through a gin tasting, which was a treat. My 3+ hour layover passed quickly and I learned something in the process

I can recommend the gin bar to anyone.

LcS
alex67500, EDIwanderer and drwook like this.
Old May 25, 2022, 3:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by Smid
Well, unless things have changed, only CX serves champagne, QF serves sparkling wine, so CX is the only option there.
I assume the BA F lounge is still closed then?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.