Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2022, 3:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by xenole
Just asked the woman working in the first dining bit, and she said lunch starts at 12pm and the kitchen closes at 5pm, with the lounge fully closing at 5:30pm.
Not sure if you could order breakfast at say 11:55am or if there's a changeover gap.
Excellent, thanks for asking Xenole. That’s a great help.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 6:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
In my opinion, it depends on the person.

Having salt and pepper squid as part of the brunch menu at all 9am in the QF lounge is great.
Like the Dum Sum in the CX lounge, and the Dean's shortbread they do. Free flow champagne is good if that's your thing.

Got a later visit to T3 tomorrow so will try lunch in the CX lounge and probably have the squid as well.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 2:38 am

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by GOTBound
I agree with both of you, maybe you missed this part in my post;

I'm happy to show case but it's not me wanting to wander to T5 and the experience, I'm trying to be a good host .
I realized I never followed up on this one…
My conclusion is:
1. Cathay First
2. Qantas, when the gin bar and restaurant are open.
3. BA GF*
* wine and champagne; GF is ranked as number 1.
GF a real letdown regarding gluten free, disobliging staff that said nothing could be custom made to accommodate gluten free. Only option was a green salad.

At GF T5 the staff really break there backs to accommodating my request for gluten free by customizing dishes e.g change to gluten free bread, remove some item, add another etc.
I’m always approached by a manager, they’re skilled in this particular subject, who run down all the dishes and tells me which and how they can be customized, at GF T3 it was just computer says no and apparently no manager to talk to.

Cathay First

Cathay First

Cathay First

Cathay First

Cathay First

Cathay First

Cathay First

Cathay First, Negroni.

Cathay First, gluten free starter.

Cathay First, gluten free main.

Cathay First, gluten free cheese serving.

Qantas

Qantas

Qantas, gluten free main.

Qantas, gluten free desert.

GF

GF

GF

GF

GF
Old Apr 21, 2022, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
When are the QF Gin bar and a la carte dining open at present? Is the upstairs cocktail bar open all the time?
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
When are the QF Gin bar and a la carte dining open at present? Is the upstairs cocktail bar open all the time?
Dining restarts at 6pm for the evening Qantas departure. Not sure about the gin bar, but would expect it to be open at 6pm too.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 2:11 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

What's the current F&B options for the QF lounge before 6pm?

Answering my own question as I was at the QF lounge last Friday - looks like from lunch time there is already some order from the menu and the Gin menu is available before noon. (although the only server that day was expressionless and seemed to be a stern guy)

Cheers!

Last edited by nldogbert; Apr 28, 2022 at 7:05 am Reason: adding info
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Thanks to a cancelled / rebooked BA flight, it looks like we'll be spending about 6 hours at LHR in a few weeks. Arrive T3 10:00, depart T5 16:00, flying BA business class. Reading this thread, it sounds like the best plan is to park it at the Qantas lounge when we arrive at T3, and head to T5 closer to our flight? How early should we leave the lounge to head to T5? Have read about the airside bus connection. Single ticket, luggage through-checked... think 1hr before boarding sounds right?
Old Apr 28, 2022, 1:19 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You have to go through security a second time, so make that 90 minutes at least.
Old May 10, 2022, 3:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
I think I have confused myself over the Qantas lounge timings on this thread.

Is the gin bar open at around 3pm, and are they serving hot food at that time?

Flying at 4.20pm so aiming for dim sum for lunch in Cathay then ideally a pre-departure G&T and squid in Qantas. In all the times we were in there pre-pandemic we never quite managed to hook (pot?) the famous squid, and this will be our first time back.
Old May 10, 2022, 3:14 am

which lounge best for a 5am-6am breakfast?

kids looking for hot food quantity over quality :-)
Old May 10, 2022, 3:24 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by gingerlucy
I think I have confused myself over the Qantas lounge timings on this thread.

Is the gin bar open at around 3pm, and are they serving hot food at that time?

Flying at 4.20pm so aiming for dim sum for lunch in Cathay then ideally a pre-departure G&T and squid in Qantas. In all the times we were in there pre-pandemic we never quite managed to hook (pot?) the famous squid, and this will be our first time back.
Gin bar will be open at 3pm. Hot food buffet only is open at that time, not the a la carte (i.e upstairs not downstairs). If you're early enough, you could arrive for lunch. I don't know the exact times, but I went in at 13:45 once and they were still serving downstairs.

My usual routine is eat (and perhaps shower) in Cathay and then drink/relax in Qantas.
gingerlucy and plaintalk like this.

Last edited by CarefreeBA; May 10, 2022 at 4:34 am Reason: Re-phrasing to indicate that the gin bar will be open at 3pm, as opposed to opening at 3pm
Old May 10, 2022, 3:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by CarefreeBA
Gin bar is open at 3pm. Hot food buffet only is open at that time, not the a la carte (i.e upstairs not downstairs). If you're early enough, you could arrive for lunch. I don't know the exact times, but I went in at 13:45 once and they were still serving downstairs.

My usual routine is eat (and perhaps shower) in Cathay and then drink/relax in Qantas.
Thank you! Yes we will be there at lunchtime so in that case may swap the order depending on what we fancy on the day. All a bonus as our flight was supposed to depart in the evening but that got cancelled so we are on a late afternoon departure - at least that means a chance for an afternoon of lounge hopping, always look on the bright side!
CarefreeBA likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 12:34 am

Please allow me some questions re lunch and early afternoon dining options:

Our BA flight to old Europe in CE leaves from T3 around 3 p.m. and we would like to have lunch before departure.

Just to confirm: Does an international but short-haul business class ticket give us access to all the Oneworld lounges at T3?

If so, would the following plan work: Get some a la carte food at the QF lounge around noon and then check out the CX lounge?

Would appreciate if anybody could post a QF/CX (and maybe even BA) lounge lunch menu. Thank you!
Old May 12, 2022, 2:49 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by plaintalk
Please allow me some questions re lunch and early afternoon dining options:

Our BA flight to old Europe in CE leaves from T3 around 3 p.m. and we would like to have lunch before departure.

Just to confirm: Does an international but short-haul business class ticket give us access to all the Oneworld lounges at T3?

If so, would the following plan work: Get some a la carte food at the QF lounge around noon and then check out the CX lounge?

Would appreciate if anybody could post a QF/CX (and maybe even BA) lounge lunch menu. Thank you!
Yes, you can access any oneworld lounge in the terminal on your departure according to your status/class of travel. I personally usually stick to CX, but some like to jump between CX and QF. BA is good if I plan to guest more people (up to 5 guests for GGLs).
plaintalk likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 3:34 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
CX F & J and QF each have their cheerleaders but all are good lounges by any standard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.