Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2019, 4:29 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by CMK10
Funny you say that. I went to the BA Lounge last year and the entrance staff were very rude to me. This year I've been twice and I've noticed each time the staff were much friendlier.
Exactly the same experience I had.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by TWCLAM
Howard Long Try locate the chap I mentioned above and politely enquire( if he's working you wont be able to miss him lol). On more than one occasion he's seen fit to sit me & the better half downstairs and have the bar manned when we've arrived there soon after opening. It's not to their schedule I agree( from memory I think the full service opens up at +3 hours from the the 1st QF of the day) but it's happened more than once. Will back you up though and agree that i've been met with looks of bewilderment upstairs when asking for a basic cocktail off the menu.
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Do you have BA gold or One world emerald status? Otherwise it will be the business lounges ( BA,AA and CX). Also please note that on a sunday the CX loungw will not open to 730am ( Mon-Sat it opens at 530am). I had a quick look in the Cathay J lounge and it seemed to have a good buffet selection of hot and cold food ( western and asian IIRC) as I normally use the F lounges.

Regards

TBS
Thank you I have a silver card so just a business lounge I am afraid. But thank you for the info
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
CharlotteC We are Silvers as well.. Whilst obviously the F lounges are better ( the CX Lounge staff graciously allowed us in once when we did our 1st ever Lounge Run) you will still have a great experience if you've never done it before. They are all located pretty much on top of each other so it's no great effort. I think from QF - CX which I think are the furthest apart is all of about 4 mins walk if that.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
For the QF brunch menu. Has anyone been greedy and asked for two things? I am wanting to try the squid but also love Eggs Benedict. Does the QF lounge do a good one?
Old Oct 29, 2019, 2:56 pm

I was dreading a domestic-T5-T3-DEN but having never experienced T3 when travelling F, I am now looking forward to trying all these lounges!
Old Oct 29, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by gliderpilot
For the QF brunch menu. Has anyone been greedy and asked for two things? I am wanting to try the squid but also love Eggs Benedict. Does the QF lounge do a good one?
There’s no problem ordering more than one item from the brunch menu. The eggs benedict are plated to order from the central bar/food island, so generally aren’t cooked from fresh in my experience. They are pleasant but not amazing IMO. Not in the same league as the Wolseley for example.
gliderpilot likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by krispy84
There’s no problem ordering more than one item from the brunch menu. The eggs benedict are plated to order from the central bar/food island, so generally aren’t cooked from fresh in my experience. They are pleasant but not amazing IMO. Not in the same league as the Wolseley for example.
Many thanks for the info Krispy84. That’s a shame they aren’t fresh fresh. Ahhh the Wolseley. Amazing place for breakfast 😋.
krispy84 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by TWCLAM
CharlotteC We are Silvers as well.. Whilst obviously the F lounges are better ( the CX Lounge staff graciously allowed us in once when we did our 1st ever Lounge Run) you will still have a great experience if you've never done it before. They are all located pretty much on top of each other so it's no great effort. I think from QF - CX which I think are the furthest apart is all of about 4 mins walk if that.
Thank you
Old Oct 30, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by CharlotteC
Thank you I have a silver card so just a business lounge I am afraid. But thank you for the info
I actually prefer the J section of the CX lounge. The bar and noodle bar are great (made to order noodles and lots of fun cocktails, and signature softies like Cathay Delight) and it’s usually quiet and calm – for most of the day anyway – with lots of seating options. I was fairly unimpressed by the buffet lunch options in QF, but the dining area wasn’t open when I was in (lunchtime last month). The gin bar is great, though (try the one with the Aperol ice cube).
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
Could someone confirm/update my understanding of the current HOT breakfast offerings in the T3 OneWorld J lounges please (me being a BA Silver):
  • BA: Bacon, hash browns and beans
  • Cathay: Sausages, bacon, scrambled egg (the pre-made stuff?), beans and potatoes
  • Qantas: Do they provide any hot breakfast items?
  • American: Again, do they provide any hot breakfast items?
Love a fry-up, so am trying to work out which lounge to visit for breakfast in a couple of weeks time.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Bartinbrook
Could someone confirm/update my understanding of the current HOT breakfast offerings in the T3 OneWorld J lounges please (me being a BA Silver):
  • Cathay: Sausages, bacon, scrambled egg (the pre-made stuff?), beans and potatoes
Love a fry-up, so am trying to work out which lounge to visit for breakfast in a couple of weeks time.
I was in the AA lounge yesterday and they had hot food - the sausages were pretty good, and it was much emptier than the BA Galleries. Cathay is my favourite of the oneworld business lounges though.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Qantas: Sit down breakfast available (I got the eggs benedict, don't remember other menu items). Bacon, pastries, and other stuff was available upstairs. They seem to have the same caterer for some items as Cathay.
Cathay: Also has the noodle bar, for noodles or dim-sum.
American: American breakfast staples, eggs, bacon, etc... don't remember exactly what else.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Qantas usually have 4 items on their a la carte breakfast/brunch menu, 2 of these are hot in my experience. They also have a buffet station upstairs with bacon, sausages, eggs etc. Given you say you love a fry-up, the a la carte options might not be to your taste, there’s an example not too far upthread [EDIT: post 734]

Last edited by krispy84; Oct 30, 2019 at 11:36 am
Old Oct 30, 2019, 11:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by what
I was in the AA lounge yesterday and they had hot food - the sausages were pretty good, and it was much emptier than the BA Galleries. Cathay is my favourite of the oneworld business lounges though.
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum what. Thanks very much for that contribution, and I very much hope we will see more of you in the future. The AA lounge is very heavily linked to their slab of services, their passengers tend to prefer this lounge (perhaps knowing no better) and also seem to arrive much earlier than other passengers, so in the lounge for longer. After a few services have gone westwards the AA lounge rapidly gets quieter.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Has anyone got an update as to whether LP is still available at the CX J Lounge? If not what is the current offering?

Also is the gin bar in the QF lounge now shut out with their own flight timings. Will be travelling through between 1400-1700.

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.