Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2024, 9:26 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mileshound
Have an 8:30am flight in F on AA to DFW. Probably will get to lounge around 7am so would have about 30 minutes. I hate to say it, but would AA lounge be best for a quick breakfast bite.
I would go to the First section of the BA lounge and get food from the buffet as it’s a better selection. AA do have a sit down and order food section but with only 30 minutes you won’t have time and their buffet is tiny.
BA or bust and crazy8534 like this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 2:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by Smid
BA J lounge has hot buffet food, pretty much the same as the F lounge.
Well that's an upgrade for J and a downgrade for F.

Is that what BA really wants?
Old Mar 19, 2024, 4:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Grace B
Well that's an upgrade for J and a downgrade for F.

Is that what BA really wants?
It has been that way since covid, it was a downgrade for F. The only distinguishing difference was self pour champagne, and that was in the J lounges until about Autumn 22 (when gold helped us through that change).

Remembering back, the J food was close to what it is now, the F much better. Now it's just that you can order a burger in F.

So covid aside, it has been pretty much what BA wants for a long time now. But knowing them, they'll just make the J food worse rather than improve the F food.
Grace B likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 7:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IB+, LATAM PASS, ACCOR
Early supper and work?

Hi all,
Flying out to GRU in J from Terminal 3 tomorrow evening and am planning to get there early-ish (5.30 pm) to get some work done, relax and have an early supper. For what it's worth, I'm a.humble Bronze member.
From what I've managed to read, there seem to be quite a few who swear by the CX lounge. The only lounge I've ever tried in Terminal 3 has been the Qantas one for breakfast once and I was highly impressed by their coffee and breakfast spread.
Any thoughts or recommendations from the more seasoned/regular travellers amongst you?
Many thanks in advance!
C
Old Mar 20, 2024, 7:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
why not try them all?
Old Mar 20, 2024, 10:09 am

Just found out the Qantas lounge has some private rooms exclusively for first class passengers. They can be found on the first floor near the bathrooms. I suspect these may just be for those flying Qantas.
percysmith and flarmip like this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 10:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Recently had a T3 departure for the first time in several years and had a chance to revisit a few of the lounges there. Some quick thoughts:

QF: Just missed sit-down dining with QF10 leaving. Had an excellent cappuccino upstairs. Has the elevator always been that slow? For a moment I thought it had stopped working. Thought about getting a bite from the buffet, but I thought I'd save space for a meal at CX F.

CX F: Nice meal. Switchover to lunch occurs at 12 pm. I should have stayed in the Dining Room since the rest of the lounge was almost full. Ok, so what happened here? I recall several visits pre-covid in the same time period (mid-day) where lounge was sparsely occupied. More OWEs nowadays? Or heightened awareness of this lounge? Next CX flight was >4 hr away. Without being able to find a decent place to sit, I decided to head over to BA F.

BA F: Of the three lounges I visited, this was the most relaxing and quiet. Probably less than 1/3 full. Was pleased to see the Tyrells cheddar crisps that I am used to from the T5 lounges.

Didn't have time for AA F lounge.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 4:47 am
a_k

Programs: AY+ Plat
Originally Posted by econ
CX F: Nice meal. Switchover to lunch occurs at 12 pm. I should have stayed in the Dining Room since the rest of the lounge was almost full. Ok, so what happened here? I recall several visits pre-covid in the same time period (mid-day) where lounge was sparsely occupied. More OWEs nowadays? Or heightened awareness of this lounge? Next CX flight was >4 hr away. Without being able to find a decent place to sit, I decided to head over to BA F.
I had a very late afternoon departure the other day. CX J was full but CX F was practically empty. I guess it's just luck?
econ likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 4:55 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
I just love the noodle bar and the dim sums at cx. But currently moved to the ccr in t3 and loving it. The quietness and the champagne is a real upping for ba.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 6:51 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by econ
Recently had a T3 departure for the first time in several years and had a chance to revisit a few of the lounges there. Some quick thoughts:

QF: Just missed sit-down dining with QF10 leaving. Had an excellent cappuccino upstairs. Has the elevator always been that slow? For a moment I thought it had stopped working. Thought about getting a bite from the buffet, but I thought I'd save space for a meal at CX F.

BA F: Of the three lounges I visited, this was the most relaxing and quiet. Probably less than 1/3 full. Was pleased to see the Tyrells cheddar crisps that I am used to from the T5 lounges.

Didn't have time for AA F lounge.
AA used to send their passengers there, before their lounges reopened. In my experience quite a few who fly AA now use the Cathay lounges. The staff seem to think it's way more BA passengers.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 8:01 am

Programs: VS, CO, BA
Do any of the T3 oneworld lounges have kids facilities. I understand galleries first does but we only have silver status and we aren't flying first. Anything have a little area like the galleries lounge at Gatwick south does?

Thanks in advance...
Old Apr 3, 2024, 8:50 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Qantas does
Old Apr 3, 2024, 8:55 am

I think Qantas has a nursing/changing room but not a play room if that is what you are after.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 10:13 am

Programs: VS, CO, BA
Thanks - yes it was the enclosed / soundproofed glass room with some games and stuff that keeps them away from the adults who want peace and quiet I was hoping for! Thank you though...
Old Apr 3, 2024, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by barnstaple
Thanks - yes it was the enclosed / soundproofed glass room with some games and stuff that keeps them away from the adults who want peace and quiet I was hoping for! Thank you though...
my strategy where there is no kids room is to feed them in the lounge then take them to the soft play area where they can burn off their energy before a flight. Heathrow has one in each terminal (T5 one is really good).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.