Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
LAX was a £100 or so cheaper - didn't think it worth it
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by pc32435
Is this just E and PE? cannot see anything for CW or F.. I'm looking for flights to Toronto or San Diego, end of May.
Originally Posted by obduro
From the T&Cs:

e. Travel in Club World from London Heathrow to Austin, Washington, New York (John F. Kennedy), Los Angeles, Miami, Accra, Abuja, Lagos, Cape Town, Johannesburg, Seychelles, Durban, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Muscat, Amman, Beirut, Bangalore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Chennai, Tokyo, Shanghai, Beijing, Seoul, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro, Sau Paulo, Santiago, Nassau and Grand Cayman is available for selected outbound travel dates between 5 September 2018 and 31 August 2019.

Both of your destinations are not in the sale, it appears.
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
Those two locations don't seem to be included in the sale, but Los Angeles is - may be worth LHR - LAX and then add a cheap domestic flight?
There are sale fares to both destinations. However, there are cheaper DIFs than the sale fares, which may mask the effect of the sale.

As always, please don't make the mistake of thinking that there is a sale only when (or where) the airline says there is a sale.
dodgeflyer and PETER01 like this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:10 am

I'm mostly looking for YYZ 29th May to 3 June or 12th to the 17th June. I did see a very small price decrease on F but not on CW. Maybe Black Friday or Christmas than
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
BA Holidays seems to be working well. Priced independently with BA and Hotel, our possible destination came out at £7,280 ex-LON. Same thing with BA Holidays is £5,148 ex-LON and a rather pricey £5,672 ex-JER. May be able to abate that with some Avios, hopefully ... the Flight + Hotel wants an extra £323 for transfers!!
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, Emirates, Etihad
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
With LHR-HEL return prices around £230 for 160 TPs and similar good deals from the Regions... I can feel some FlyerTalk meet ups on the way!

LHR T3 CX lounges.....
I just managed to bag a couple of these for my GF and I .... Then figured I could really earn some brownie points by getting an internal Finnair flight to Rovaniemi and see if we can catch the northern lights for a night or 2... Picked one up for a shade over £100pp so pretty pleased with that... T3 CX lounge again then! I haven't been gold that long, but all my bookings at the moment seem to be out of T3, I'm still awaiting the delights of the First Lounge/CCR!
Calchas likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by atmorris
Slighly annoyed with this sale for purely selfish reasons, pulled the trigger last Thursday on a BA Holidays booking to Hong Kong for my 40th Birthday, and have now seen in the sale its reduced by £300 for the trip and some added enhancements to the hotel such as free room upgrade...

Is it worth ringing BA and being cheeky :-) (Tongue firmly in cheek

Ahh well you love and learn...
How much deposit did you pay? Could be an option to go again at the lower price walking away from the last deal for a net saving
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:46 am

Been hoping for a sale to AMM - but still showing the same as checked 2 weeks ago £250 one way in pleb
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Globaliser
There are sale fares to both destinations. However, there are cheaper DIFs than the sale fares, which may mask the effect of the sale.

As always, please don't make the mistake of thinking that there is a sale only when (or where) the airline says there is a sale.
Bang on the money there Gloabiliser ^

Sometimes there are the prices in 'non-sale' periods there really are some bargains to be had. Back on topic away to look at W fares for next year, maybe even try the INV routing as it's only a few hours away.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Couldn't agree more - don't be fooled into thinking that banner on the homepage means you'll get a bargain - yeah some great CE fares, but the best fares are often silently matching other airlines and utilising other starting points. People expecting to get longhaul J for around £1k exLHR and are then disappointed when they don't citing, worse sale ever etc etc !!
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sometalkofme
Is there any pattern for a sale to open up for ex-USA? I’ve been looking for tickets to SIN for late winter/early spring and hoping the price comes down a bit.
There seem to be relatively few ex-USers active here. I have never noticed a pattern for an ex-US sale - and IME they tend to be less frequent and less lucrative (for PAX) than the ex-EU sales. Prices did drop quite a bit a month or so ago (at least from West coast starting points) and while we're still quite a bit above the ex-UK CW price I don't think there's too much room for improvement. A mild "sale" is the best we can hope for right now I think; I hope I am incorrect on that and something more "exciting" is forthcoming. But don't hold your breath!

rb211.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by findmeinthetara
I just managed to bag a couple of these for my GF and I .... Then figured I could really earn some brownie points by getting an internal Finnair flight to Rovaniemi and see if we can catch the northern lights for a night or 2... Picked one up for a shade over £100pp so pretty pleased with that... T3 CX lounge again then! I haven't been gold that long, but all my bookings at the moment seem to be out of T3, I'm still awaiting the delights of the First Lounge/CCR!
And welcome to flyertalk and the BA Board findmeinthetara although I see you registered some time ago. I hope you enjoyed the delights of the CX Flounge in T3 as well as future use of GF.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by sxc
Is £825 in WTP to LAX considered cheap? Genuine question.
yes

I'm booked on Lhr SAN at 1125 but booked to use my gUF2 so you price is great for a return.

for each leg it is not good
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by RB211
There seem to be relatively few ex-USers active here. I have never noticed a pattern for an ex-US sale - and IME they tend to be less frequent and less lucrative (for PAX) than the ex-EU sales. Prices did drop quite a bit a month or so ago (at least from West coast starting points) and while we're still quite a bit above the ex-UK CW price I don't think there's too much room for improvement. A mild "sale" is the best we can hope for right now I think; I hope I am incorrect on that and something more "exciting" is forthcoming. But don't hold your breath!

rb211.
Thanks! Oh well, I suppose. I managed to bag a BOS-LHR-BLR R/T in CW for $2800/passenger earlier this year and there was no ongoing sale. I guess I have to keep looking for something like that.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
How much deposit did you pay? Could be an option to go again at the lower price walking away from the last deal for a net saving

I paid £350 as a WT+booking plus some more so don’t fancy losing £350 at this stage

I was only being cheeky.. so might give them a call and see what they say
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat
Stupid phone and duplicate posts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.