Wiki Posts
Search

When is the next BA sale?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2018, 7:05 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by griffingrowl
Low fare finder is only for ex-UK though right?
The low fare finder used to work fine ex US but when I just had a quick look it wasn't obvious how to switch from London. I'd recommend you take a look at Matrix ITA.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
OK, so when is the next business class sale then? Looking to get sorted for my Autumn business trips and winding up our corporate travel agents with the £1000 saving off transatlantic J that I obtain when they try to quote full fare :-)
Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 12 year ex AA CK, AA LT PLT, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver
Summer loads are just wide open. I have to imagine a big J and Y sale is imminent. Lots of days I looked at in July and August JFK to MAD, CDG and BCN were looking like sub 50% full in Y and sub 25% in J. For "peak season" that ian't great.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 10:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, *A, Marriott
Summer loads are just wide open. I have to imagine a big J and Y sale is imminent. Lots of days I looked at in July and August JFK to MAD, CDG and BCN were looking like sub 50% full in Y and sub 25% in J. For "peak season" that ian't great.
I think I saw this last year and then when you take the flight it is packed to the gills with every seat taken, usually by a large group of (very noisy) students. I think BA is trying to offer expensive tickets with a long lead time and then some time close to the date drops to be the lowest price per the aggregators, capturing a lot of last minute purchases which could include travel agents booking groups.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 11:41 pm

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
Unless you have access to internal data there's no way to know how full the flights are. Even the numbers available from Expert Flyer can be misleading. Seat maps alone are always a bad guide to loads and its worse for BA since seat selection isn't free. And I bet summer leisure travellers are especially unlikely to pay for seat selection.
Old May 1, 2018, 6:25 am
RvE

I have booked my trip ( 2 adults and 2 childeren ) AMS-LHR-BKK for AUG 2018 total fare of 5097EUR = 4486GBP
Other airlines who are currently pushing sales ex AMS to BKK are TK , SWISS and LH
Old May 1, 2018, 4:20 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
It's worth checking other countries as Australia currently has a BA sale on.
Old May 3, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Amex Platinum
Just noticed that CW to Muscat has gone up by £250 across the board today. (Source BA Find Our Cheapest Flights)

I am expecting a sale at some point (hoped for today) based on Continental Clubs historic BA sales page.

Does anyone have any data on them putting the prices up so a reduction in an "imminent" sale looks better?
Old May 3, 2018, 4:42 am

Programs: AA : BA
Originally Posted by zeitgeist
Just noticed that CW to Muscat has gone up by £250 across the board today. (Source BA Find Our Cheapest Flights)

I am expecting a sale at some point (hoped for today) based on Continental Clubs historic BA sales page.

Does anyone have any data on them putting the prices up so a reduction in an "imminent" sale looks better?
I would say that has more to do with the reduced capacity now that they are pulling the Sunday flight to MCT.
Redemption availability has also been significantly reduced.
Old May 5, 2018, 4:56 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
There appears to be a sale now.

LHR BOS coming in at £1331 in J, a few days ago it was £2500. New York similar.
​​​​​This was for Feb 2019 admittedly.
Old May 5, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
There does indeed appear to be a sale on - LGW to MCO return in September was 2700 business yesterday and is 1800 today.
Some flights were loaded earlier in the week but didn't get them booked in time for slow corporate travel agent...
Old May 6, 2018, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Also seeing some good changes ... LHR-PHX in J for sub-£1,500 in Feb 19, and with the bonus of being a 747.
Sealink and firstlight like this.
Old May 6, 2018, 2:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by Sealink
There appears to be a sale now.

LHR BOS coming in at £1331 in J, a few days ago it was £2500. New York similar.
​​​​​This was for Feb 2019 admittedly.
If that’s the six month advance purchase fare where transatlantic sectors can only be taken on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays then it’s been around for several days at least. I’ve already booked an open jaw LHR-SEA/SFO-LHR for under £1500 which I first saw at the start of the week on about Monday or Tuesday.

Sealink likes this.
Old May 6, 2018, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Not a bad deal ... just finished booking JER-UK-PHX for 2 in CW for next Feb, with 2 weeks of SUV rental added. Total bill £3,282. Yes, as noted by BerksFlyer, these are Tuesday out and Tuesday return [as highlighted in Matrix].

Flights alone would have been £2,940 (£1,470 each).

Oh, and the Avis/BA car rental came down from £552 to £342 ... always worth doing both together if possible.
Old May 6, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Amex Travel still offering £1.7k in F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.