Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is the next BA sale?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2016, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Seems like NL and FR have a sale too. No F prices but East Coast > £1050 and SEA/PDX/DEN/IAH/LAS etc > £1300. Cali around £1450.

JNB for £16xx.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: LOTS
The sale looks great to me, a saving of >£2,000 for 2 in Club return to CPT gets my vote, covering all months until April 2017.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 4:19 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Last year when I booked to go to Indonesia for this March, I could have got BA for around £1500. Nothing less than £2000 at the moment for November on BA .

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Apr 23, 2016, 5:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Saltire74
Last year when I booked to go to Indonesia for this March, I could have got BA for around £1500. Nothing less than £2000 at the moment for November on BA .

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Why don't you fly on a QR superior service from EDI-DOH-DPS for £1475, available in November?
Old Apr 24, 2016, 11:43 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Independent of whenever next BA fare sale occurs, I just used a US consolidator to get a great F fare ex-US for my pending trip to Europe on BA next week...my brother has always used this company on prior occasions...booking shows up under manage my booking on BA.com and full OW bonus miles apply.

Fares approx 30% discount or more on business and first class.

Feel free to PM me for intro.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 12:03 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by nologic
Independent of whenever next BA fare sale occurs, I just used a US consolidator to get a great F fare ex-US for my pending trip to Europe on BA next week...my brother has always used this company on prior occasions...booking shows up under manage my booking on BA.com and full OW bonus miles apply.

I believe you might be just offering a helping hand, but you keep advertising this (eg couple of days ago in BA PREMIUM FARES post here)
Old Apr 24, 2016, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by nologic

Sounds great. Is it possible to post it here, rather than PM, so everyone can benefit?
Old Apr 24, 2016, 1:20 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Virazuno
Sounds great. Is it possible to post it here, rather than PM, so everyone can benefit?
If TPs and Avios are important, might be worth checking that the consolidator fares do in fact attract TPs/Avios.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 3:51 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by fbrj
Why don't you fly on a QR superior service from EDI-DOH-DPS for £1475, available in November?
That would have to be a last resort. Normally I go to East Java to see the long haired General so normally fly in to SUB. DPS wouldn't be such a hardship but in November we are (so I'm told at the moment) going to West Java so CGK would be the easiest.

The luxury of a one stop trip from GLA to Indonesia is such a nice thought as otherwise it is at least two stops.

The other option I have is EK who I will be making Gold with on my next flight and that is also appealing although they are coming in at just over £2000 for a J class trip GLA-CGK.

Think I might just wait for another couple of months to see what unfolds.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Apr 24, 2016, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Saltire74
That would have to be a last resort. Normally I go to East Java to see the long haired General so normally fly in to SUB. DPS wouldn't be such a hardship but in November we are (so I'm told at the moment) going to West Java so CGK would be the easiest.

The luxury of a one stop trip from GLA to Indonesia is such a nice thought as otherwise it is at least two stops.

The other option I have is EK who I will be making Gold with on my next flight and that is also appealing although they are coming in at just over £2000 for a J class trip GLA-CGK.

Think I might just wait for another couple of months to see what unfolds.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Recently, Garuda (Skyteam) has had amazing promotions at £1000 return in J from CDG. I'm not sure if it is still on or not but I think that if it is, it dwarfs any current OW promotion in terms of both price and service quality.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 10:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
When was the last Business/First sale from the US to Europe? I don't seem to have seen anything in a long time. Considering flying into CPH at this point as it is cheaper and I can easy rent car there and drive to Luebeck.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by Gshumway
When was the last Business/First sale from the US to Europe? I don't seem to have seen anything in a long time. Considering flying into CPH at this point as it is cheaper and I can easy rent car there and drive to Luebeck.
Not BA, but AB... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...pril-25th.html
Old Apr 25, 2016, 2:38 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Do AB flights earn TPs and Avios?
Old Apr 25, 2016, 3:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Do AB flights earn TPs and Avios?
Yes
Old Apr 25, 2016, 3:20 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Yes
Thanks!

Potential to nest flights I guess, mixing BA and AB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.