Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What BA flight would you upgrade to F?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Well I've booked my flights and managed to snaffle the remaining reward seat from SFO-LHR on the A380. Have also left myself sufficient time (about 6hrs ) to enjoy the ambience of the CCR.

As I will be arriving after 1pm can I assume cocktails are de rigueur to pass the time in appropriate fashion?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
The OP did not require that the upgrade had to be paid for with Avios and I am sure that there are good chances of upgrading to LAX with cash!
Haha, I guess they didn't.

"I never knew a more presumptuous person than myself. The fact that I say that shows that what I say is true." Fully agree with you however, in true LAX style; it's all about the money, money, money!!
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
On the flip side, the most wasted upgrade to F would have to be the LHR-TLV red-eye! 4 and a bit hours, where the the FAs rarely want to be disturbed as well as surrounding pax too.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:47 pm
Suspended

LHR-CPT, assuming it's one of the flights still offering F. Close to zero time difference and fairly civilised flight departure times both ways. Plus CPT is lovely too.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 2:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
I had the same issue - but on Singapore Airlines - which flight.

I chose the day flight back, 14 hours awake in the Suite that included Lunch & Dinner, and the necessity to stay awake to hit London in the evening tired, but full and happy and then get home to sleep and awake with minimal jet lag.

On this basis, I would choose a flight that it is not beneficial to sleep in. So Shanghai, Beijing, Seoul to LHR - can' t think of any other day flights on BA coming East to West?

If it's a flight that's beneficial to sleep, I'd Club it.
Almost anything to the States, particularly west coast for a similar time difference.

Of course if you start too early you don't get the full CCR experience, so something taking off at around 2 p.m. or 3 p.m. is ideal.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by DAC71
Well I am looking at a trip to Yosemite, with some TP earning on the way out combined with an upgrade to F from SFO on the way back, travelling ex CPH so I get some CCR time also.
You should start your return trip with MMH-SFO if the schedule fits. Great views as you do several circuits gaining altitude over Mono Lake before spearing over the Sierra Nevada. No F on that leg though...
Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:08 pm

LHR-HKG. CCR plus The Wing would just make my day.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:53 pm

Daytime with full meals, on newer aircraft, and as long a route as your budget will carry.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:02 pm

I would fly LHR-HKG.

I'd like to say I'd go for a day flight, but any long haul is going to get boring after 12+ hours of being awake.

I'd also have to choose an A380 flight, and it would have to have a top F lounge for the return journey. I can't see how any of the US routes could top The Wing F, and SIN doesn't have much for Oneworld airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.