Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Concorde Room in IAD - Access for CCR card holders

Concorde Room in IAD - Access for CCR card holders

Old Mar 14, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by golfmad
Just enjoying dinner in the Concorde Dining area at IAD although I don't really think I am entitled?

I arrived into IAD on the 217 and am connecting straight out to CLT on AA. The BA lounge in the B concourse is the oneworld lounge I should be using for AA so I handed my boarding pass and Concorde Room card (in a very non-DYKWIA way) and was offered the Dining area without question. Very pleasant it is too.

I'm guessing this isn't really within the rules though but would be grateful for future reference if anyone knows the proper answer.
You didn't happen to get a shot of the menu did you? Don't think the menu for JFK and IAD have been flaunted on the forum for this month. Cheers
Old Mar 14, 2016, 3:41 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I'm guessing this isn't really within the rules though but would be grateful for future reference if anyone knows the proper answer.
Properly you've exercised a Premier privilege there, so I don't think anyone else should rely on it, and nor were you at the time, I see.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 3:54 pm

Menu March 16 Concorde Dining IAD
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9TvarD66mzaTi16LWl2LUpmZFE
Old Mar 14, 2016, 3:58 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95
You didn't happen to get a shot of the menu did you? Don't think the menu for JFK and IAD have been flaunted on the forum for this month. Cheers
Sorry. Was too busy scoffing. Schoolboy error

Beef was very tasty and the lady brought me some tomato soup from the other lounge area.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 3:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Originally Posted by gw76
gw76. Thanks!
Old Mar 14, 2016, 3:59 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Properly you've exercised a Premier privilege there
Ooh how exciting. How the other 0.001% live
Old Mar 14, 2016, 4:41 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Just enjoying dinner in the Concorde Dining area at IAD although I don't really think I am entitled?

I arrived into IAD on the 217 and am connecting straight out to CLT on AA. The BA lounge in the B concourse is the oneworld lounge I should be using for AA so I handed my boarding pass and Concorde Room card (in a very non-DYKWIA way) and was offered the Dining area without question. Very pleasant it is too.

I did exactly the same last August but clearly I don't have the same standing as you

Arrived in F on BA and did a same day connection on AA to LAX in domestic F. I went to the BA lounge before the AA flight honestly thinking that I might have access but was quickly sent on my way. Perhaps my mistake was not showing the inbound F bp and my CCR card.
Old May 7, 2016, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by KARFA
Arrived in F on BA and did a same day connection on AA to LAX in domestic F. I went to the BA lounge before the AA flight honestly thinking that I might have access but was quickly sent on my way. Perhaps my mistake was not showing the inbound F bp and my CCR card.
You know you can access the BA lounge anytime with a Priority Pass card. I use this lounge often when flying AA out of IAD.

However I just flew BA from IAD and had a nice meal with wine pairings in the CCR Dining area. I snapped this photo of the new menu that they said began a couple of days ago.

Old May 7, 2016, 1:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by stimpy
You know you can access the BA lounge anytime with a Priority Pass card. I use this lounge often when flying AA out of IAD ...
Priority Pass can only be used for the BA Lounge between 0700 and 1400. I do find it frustrating waiting to enter the IAD lounge whilst the lounge agent argues with PP members insisting they can use the lounge in the evenings.

https://www.prioritypass.com/lounges...8-ab8dffd292bf
Old May 7, 2016, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Priority Pass can only be used for the BA Lounge between 0700 and 1400. I do find it frustrating waiting to enter the IAD lounge whilst the lounge agent argues with PP members insisting they can use the lounge in the evenings.
Ah ok. I always book my domestic flights around noon. At that time there are only a few Japanese guests in the lounge. I guess there must be a JAL flight around then or something.
Old May 7, 2016, 9:05 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Ah ok. I always book my domestic flights around noon. At that time there are only a few Japanese guests in the lounge. I guess there must be a JAL flight around then or something.
JL does not fly to IAD. Now I'm trying to figure out who they would have been flying, as KE pax will use the AF lounge, and NH pax will use the LH lounge. Even QR pax are sent to the VS Clubhouse (and the flight times aren't right for the time of day you're discussing).
Old May 7, 2016, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mtkeller
JL does not fly to IAD. Now I'm trying to figure out who they would have been flying, as KE pax will use the AF lounge, and NH pax will use the LH lounge. Even QR pax are sent to the VS Clubhouse (and the flight times aren't right for the time of day you're discussing).
I don't know. But each time I go to the BA lounge around mid day there are a handful of Japanese people there. The staff are mostly at leisure and the bar in the back is roped off as is the Concorde Dining area. There are drinks and snacks in the middle area. Maybe there is an AA flight that connects to JL at JFK or something. Figure out what route that they would take from Washington to Tokyo if they are JL FF'ers.
Old May 7, 2016, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
The new IAD Concorde Dining Room menu looks like a child (with poor IT skills) has written it. Certainly not on brand!
Old May 7, 2016, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Genius1
The new IAD Concorde Dining Room menu looks like a child (with poor IT skills) has written it. Certainly not on brand!
The soup, salad and pork belly were all good. But the cheese plate was a poor showing. The wines were not spectacular and I don't think they have Champagne anymore as it is Schlumberger sekt white and ros. The 2005 Churchill Port was pretty good though.
Old May 7, 2016, 7:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
I don't know. But each time I go to the BA lounge around mid day there are a handful of Japanese people there. The staff are mostly at leisure and the bar in the back is roped off as is the Concorde Dining area. There are drinks and snacks in the middle area. Maybe there is an AA flight that connects to JL at JFK or something. Figure out what route that they would take from Washington to Tokyo if they are JL FF'ers.
From IAD, the only AA routes are DFW, LAX, MIA, and CLT. Why someone from Japan would make the effort to go out to IAD to connect to JL at DFW, I would never understand. DCA to JFK to TYO would make much more sense. As would DCA to ORD to NRT.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.