Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Concorde Room in IAD - Access for CCR card holders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde Room in IAD - Access for CCR card holders

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2015, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
For clarity, this is not a Concorde Room.

The First Pre-Flight Dining area is branded as 'Concorde Dining Room'.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 7:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I can't see overcrowding being an issue, I don't recall ever seeing more than 5/6 in the First preflight dining. And many CCR Cardholders will actually be flying in F.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Genius1
For clarity, this is not a Concorde Room.

The First Pre-Flight Dining area is branded as 'Concorde Dining Room'.
I haven't helped that with the title. Probably worth somebody changing it to read Concorde dining, rather than Concorde room...
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:28 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
The picture of the round bar, it reminds me of one lounge, but I can't remember where. The room had larger windows and full length sheer curtains, maybe LHR in the old days? But then I remember I remember the CCR of the olden days.
Sounds like the BA First Lounge at LHR Terminal 1?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Sounds like the BA First Lounge at LHR Terminal 1?
Yes, this was the First lounge (or FIRST lounge, as it was branded then) at LHR T1.

Vintage pictures here: http://www28.discuss.com.hk/viewthre...le&tid=6516768
Old Feb 3, 2015, 6:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
I haven't helped that with the title. Probably worth somebody changing it to read Concorde dining, rather than Concorde room...
Perhaps a nice Mod could change the title to:

Concorde Room (CCR) JFK & Concorde Dining Room IAD : menus 2015

The menus at both JFK and IAD are identical and are on the same cycle.

Last edited by Tobias-UK; Feb 3, 2015 at 6:59 am
Old Feb 7, 2015, 11:01 am

Programs: aeroplan, aadvantage, BAEC
From the one world website:

British Airways Lounge
Location details: Airside - after Security take the train to Concourse B and go up to the Concourse Level, and lounge is straight ahead

Opening hours: Opening hours 1430hrs until 2230hrs

Notes: Club World pre flight dining opens at 1600hrs onwards First guests and Concorde Card holders may dine in the Concorde Dining Room from 1430hrs onwards
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Anyone on BA216 tomorrow, Friday 10 April, planning Concorde dining at IAD?
Old Apr 13, 2015, 10:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Cuurent menu is the same as JFK CCR, see here for menu posted by tomgone for JFK CCR.
Old May 3, 2015, 6:59 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
While I know I have access to the BA F lounge at IAD, I do not believe I will be able to use IAD BA F lounge pre-flight dining like I do at QF or CX lounges worldwide.

I am traveling IAD-LAX AA F 6:30 PM departure connecting to LAX-HKG CX F 11:55 PM departure the same day. Not a big deal that I do, as I'm sure I'll get a tasty meal from Neil Perry in the QF/OW F Lounge at TBIT.

I read this thread and a few others, and also the info on BA's web site which led me to the conclusion above. Thanks for any additional info.
Old May 3, 2015, 7:21 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
While I know I have access to the BA F lounge at IAD, I do not believe I will be able to use IAD BA F lounge pre-flight dining like I do at QF or CX lounges worldwide.

I am traveling IAD-LAX AA F 6:30 PM departure connecting to LAX-HKG CX F 11:55 PM departure the same day. Not a big deal that I do, as I'm sure I'll get a tasty meal from Neil Perry in the QF/OW F Lounge at TBIT.

I read this thread and a few others, and also the info on BA's web site which led me to the conclusion above. Thanks for any additional info.
Yes, you can access the BA Galleries Lounge at IAD based on your travel plans. Please note that it's a combined CW/F lounge, but BA F/CCR passengers can access in addition to this a dedicated dining area as well as a (small) self-service bar. With regards to the Concorde Dining: I don't believe you can access it as it's only for departing BA F passengers/CCR cardholders.
Old May 3, 2015, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
Yes, you can access the BA Galleries Lounge at IAD based on your travel plans. Please note that it's a combined CW/F lounge, but BA F/CCR passengers can access in addition to this a dedicated dining area as well as a (small) self-service bar. With regards to the Concorde Dining: I don't believe you can access it as it's only for departing BA F passengers/CCR cardholders.
That's what I thought. I haven't been to the new IAD BA lounge since it opened. I'm flying F to LHR next month, and will ask about BA F lounge dining option for my aforementioned AA F/CX F itinerary. I assume the answer will be the same as you and I described, but it doesn't hurt to ask and I will report back with more info for anyone else who may do a search on a similar topic in the future.

As an AA FF, who tries not to fly AA internationally, I very much appreciate the BA F lounges and CCR over the AA FL any day!
Old May 3, 2015, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
Yes, you can access the BA Galleries Lounge at IAD
The IAD lounge has lost the Galleries branding post-refurbishment, and is now branded 'British Airways Lounge'.
Old May 3, 2015, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aaupgrade
That's what I thought. I haven't been to the new IAD BA lounge since it opened. I'm flying F to LHR next month, and will ask about BA F lounge dining option for my aforementioned AA F/CX F itinerary.
There is no separate First lounge at IAD. The Concorde Dining Room is within the British Airways Lounge, and is only for BA First passengers, Concorde Room Cardholders and Premiers.
Old May 3, 2015, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
The Concorde Dining Room is within the British Airways Lounge, and is only for BA First passengers, Concorde Room Cardholders and Premiers.
Thanks for the confirmation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.