Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Concorde Room in IAD - Access for CCR card holders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde Room in IAD - Access for CCR card holders

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2015, 3:34 am

Will it be a tight squeeze if its a full flight in F and and a few CCR card holders all want feeding at the same time?
Old Jan 4, 2015, 3:40 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by sorp222
Will it be a tight squeeze if its a full flight in F and and a few CCR card holders all want feeding at the same time?
Statistically, given number of CCR holders, it would hardly be "a few" at the same time unless it was a specific trip / arranged.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 3:43 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Wow, Tattinger and Bombay in a CCR, and three whole starter and main selections!
Old Jan 4, 2015, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by chris1979
Statistically, given number of CCR holders, it would hardly be "a few" at the same time unless it was a specific trip / arranged.
Thanks - from that i infer the answer is 'no'
Old Jan 4, 2015, 4:00 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by sorp222
Thanks - from that i infer the answer is 'no'
I haven't seen the lounge so don't know how many seats there are. But the number of CCR holders is very small so statistically, given 2 flights out of IAD per day, if one CCR holder passed through IAD per day (given low number of flights (unlike JFK) and IAD not being a connection hub for OneWorld) I would be surprised. So, chances are there's a CCR card holder once a week (or a few times a week - I am sort of making this up along likely statistical "finger in the air" probability) so I don't think there would be a squeeze as a result of CCR holders having dinner unless they don't even have say at least 14 seats.

Hope that make sense? Others might be able to answer how many tables / seats for dining there and might want to trump me on my calculations.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 4:04 am
DS7

Programs: BA (shiny); VS (amoeba); Others (plankton)
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Never knew that there was a CCR in DC. Though I don't fly out of DC often, hate those 777s.
I think IAD gets an a380 now .....doesn't it?
Old Jan 4, 2015, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by DS7
I think IAD gets an a380 now .....doesn't it?
yes, and a 777
Old Jan 4, 2015, 4:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
I do wonder if BA are thinking of re-branding any of the other First dining offerings as CCR dining and allowing access to CCR card holders.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 4:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by economyman
I do wonder if BA are thinking of re-branding any of the other First dining offerings as CCR dining and allowing access to CCR card holders.
Which F dining offerings would this apply/change bearing in mind CCR holders are also GGLs and have F lounge access.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 4:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
Originally Posted by KARFA
Which F dining offerings would this apply/change bearing in mind CCR holders are also GGLs and have F lounge access.
BOS and ORD spring to mind
Old Jan 4, 2015, 4:54 am

I wonder if BA is planning to open a CCR in Miami - one of the other places Concorde used to fly to just like IAD.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by chris1979
I haven't seen the lounge so don't know how many seats there are. But the number of CCR holders is very small so statistically, given 2 flights out of IAD per day, if one CCR holder passed through IAD per day (given low number of flights (unlike JFK) and IAD not being a connection hub for OneWorld) I would be surprised. So, chances are there's a CCR card holder once a week (or a few times a week - I am sort of making this up along likely statistical "finger in the air" probability) so I don't think there would be a squeeze as a result of CCR holders having dinner unless they don't even have say at least 14 seats.

Hope that make sense? Others might be able to answer how many tables / seats for dining there and might want to trump me on my calculations.

True, but the diplomates that go in and out of IAD would require them to be hosted in the CCR, am not sure that IAD has the separate area as in LHR.

And the 380, it doesn't have an F does it? I still haven't taken the BA 380. Have been spoiled by the EK.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 5:00 am

Programs: GGL CCR
thanks

Good Update FM!

I'll be there for the last leg in a 3 week trip this month so it will be perfect last stop.

Gene
Old Jan 4, 2015, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by Yahillwe
And the 380, it doesn't have an F does it?
It certainly does - the best F seat of any BA service IME!
Old Jan 4, 2015, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by KARFA
In general you can't use the Flounge pre-flight dining as a gold card holder unless travelling in F. The same in the club lounges (on sleeper services) if not travelling business class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.