Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2018, 1:39 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
I'm having difficulty changing my password. Has anyone else had this?

When I try to do so, it asks for the old style PIN from a few years ago. I put that in (rather than my usual login password) and then type in a new one. However, every time I get an error message. I've tried it a few times on different days and in different browsers. Has anyone got a fix, or do I just need to call?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:58 am

Have you tried ignoring the request for the old PIN and just using your current password?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 4:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by adrianlondon
Have you tried ignoring the request for the old PIN and just using your current password?
Yes - it doesn't recognise my current password. I tried that first and then tried the PIN.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List & GfL, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Credit card fees

I have just paid the balance on a holiday booking using a personal credit card. I selected the 'personal Amex' from the drop down menu for card type but I have been charged a 1% card fee for the transaction. I had a similar issue when making payment for a deposit a month ago (and had the fee refunded). Has anyone else had this problem?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver | Flying Blue Gold | Accor Gold

Error

• Sorry, we could not connect to PayPal. Please try again or use a different method of payment.
Have been receiving this error for the past couple of hours while trying to book a flight with paypal. Anyone else having this problem or has a solution?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:21 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I cannot use Firefox for a booking for the BA sale. I type in "Syd" and that is as far as the website will go. I can't even enter the dates.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
I cannot use Firefox for a booking for the BA sale. I type in "Syd" and that is as far as the website will go. I can't even enter the dates.
Working OK for me. Firefox (Nightly, v63) on MacOS. Usually if Firefox really messes up, a workaround is to restart it in safe mode. Failing that, try in a brand new profile in case add-ons are messing it up. I find some ad blockers kill more than they should on sites like BA.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by adrianlondon
Working OK for me. Firefox (Nightly, v63) on MacOS. Usually if Firefox really messes up, a workaround is to restart it in safe mode. Failing that, try in a brand new profile in case add-ons are messing it up. I find some ad blockers kill more than they should on sites like BA.
Thanks. Good tip. I think it is my ad blocker. I will try it without the ad blocker.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
For the last 24h I have been kicked back to the old BETA version of the BA website. Anyone know of any current glitches? Also very slow.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Oh, joy, it’s doing it again. Try to PYOBP and all I get is a blank page. Reported to @british_Airways on Twitter, who say they will pass it on the the Techies.

Sme fix as last time, in June (see Wiki) ... Email the BP [presented as a blank page] and it shows up fine on the e-mail. Screenshot, trim and print. Simples? Not with BA!

Last edited by T8191; Sep 3, 2018 at 10:22 am
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:04 am

adrianlondon,
Thank you. Privacy Badger was the problem.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 1:43 am

Programs: Hyatt: Plat, HH: Dia, Spg: Au, VS: Red, Accor: Plat, BAEC: Ag, Nordic Choice: Au
Unhappy Avios Upgrade Offered, System won't process

Happens in chrome and firefox browser. Tried multiple times today. This seems to happen every time I try to upgrade using avios online. Also paid upgrades never seem to process, you get as far as entering credit card details and it fails after that.

Anyone else?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by jfknight

Happens in chrome and firefox browser. Tried multiple times today. This seems to happen every time I try to upgrade using avios online. Also paid upgrades never seem to process, you get as far as entering credit card details and it fails after that.

Anyone else?
Happens more often than not, best to just call in to sort.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 3:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Trying to redeem an eVoucher (received via the price guarantee) beginning with 125-82 but it's been throwing up an error message all evening:

Sorry, there seems to be a technical problem. Please try again in a few minutes, and please contact us if it still doesn't work.

We apologise for the inconvenience.
Anyone else having trouble?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:13 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I wasn‘t able to book BA Holidays (fligh+car) last night because thr car return time kept resetting to early AM (first flight option) even though I selected a later flight and obviously wanted to return the car later.

I gave up and called to book.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.