Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Gold
Claim avios link not working

Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
I suspect it's a general issue rather than specific to my booking, but this is what happens to me :

- Go to https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb
- Input a BA ticket number
- Loads a blank page with a strange error in the side menu bar '/temp_outage.html is unavailable, please contact system administractor.' [ Yes it does really say administraCtor ]
Long time lurker/new poster here.

I hit the same issue during the week, so - after a lot of searching - submitted a report via the website. I also called the Silver line in order to get the Avios/Tier Points added, but when I started to tell the chap about the issue, rather than asking for details so they could try to address it, he told me (paraphrased) "We can normally do things more easily here than you can via the web site".

I didn't want to argue the toss so just left it there...
Old Jan 30, 2017, 5:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Yeah I'll just call them up ..

Tried again this morning, still same error .. I tried with another ticket number too ( also a recent one but one that had posted correctly ) and I got a different error saying to please enter a valid ticket number
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: British Airways Exec Club
Hi,
I was wondering If anyone BA reps can help me. I booked a flight direct on BA's website a few weeks ago and it has been paid for and ticketed. When I try to price an upgrade with cash or Avios I get the error
"Sorry, it is not possible to change this booking on ba.com. Please call your local British Airways office to change this booking."

I recently spoke about this in a separate thread and was told that his is because my booking has came out of "Self-Service Mode"
I like the flexibility of pricing upgrades with Cash or Avios and seeing the prices at different times along with the POUG that I have seen in the past. Can you please take my booking out this "Self-Service Mode" so I can manage my booking, online, at my own leisure?

I am aware I can call and make these changes, and I have called about this "issue" many times, however I am advised this is a web-browser issue. I find it hard to explain to your advisers this is an issue internally and not a rendering issue. Unless Chrome has airline terminology built into it.

Also, If possible, If you could explain the logic/conditions needed for this to happen as this was booked direct with BA and I've never seen this before and would like to avoid it or stop what ever is causing it.

Thanks
OSIModel
Old Feb 2, 2017, 4:05 am

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
In the last couple of days, when choosing most of the options/subpages that appear from the menu bar along the top of the page, I get and error page:

"We regret to advise that this section of the site is temporarily unavailable. 413"

The URL its looking for is the normal one, but for some reason it's getting blocked:

"https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/offers/flight-deals?source=MNVFAH2special_offers"

"https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/entertainment?source=MNVINF2entertainment"

Clearing cookies etc sorts it out, but not for that long! (using Firefox)
Old Feb 2, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by BA.com Official
Hi

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble activating your new EC membership, please you private message me the email address you used to create the account and I can pass this on to our support team to look into?

Regards,
Zoe
I've given up with this issue, now booked my gf on a different airline as no-one at Ba seems remotely interested in trying to fix the problem.

I have another issue now, on the BA Android App I'm offered an upgrade which works fine until the payment page. The numberpad that appears on the screen for entering the card number or security code has the number 0 blocked out by the Accept & Pay blue box at the bottom. Does no-one check this kind of stuff?!
Old Feb 2, 2017, 11:15 am

Can't validate new EC account or login to BA site

Originally Posted by BA.com Official
Hi

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble activating your new EC membership, please you private message me the email address you used to create the account and I can pass this on to our support team to look into?

Regards,
Zoe

Hello, I just booked travel for next month while also registering on the BA site and setting up and EC account.

When I try to validate the account i am repeatedly directed to the login page -asking if i want to sign into On Business -which i don't, i'm unable to advance past this page.

I've used firefox and safari -both up to date. no difference.

I can no longer see my booking and can see no other page beside the login.

please advise.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 2:16 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Lowly BAEC Bronze, VS, IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Has anyone been able to register with On Business recently? I've tried to register my company 4 times now, on 2 different computers and 3 different browsers, and no luck. I can fill in all 4 pages of registration, then when it comes to the final "Register" button, it just loops right back to the start again.

I have emailed BA, but predictably no response so far. Is there a trick I'm missing?

I've gone ahead and booked travel without it because I can't afford to wait for a couple of the trips booked, so I'm just sort of hoping I can add the On Business number at a later date (before travel, which starts in 8 days). Or miss out. Meh.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by rhivolution
Has anyone been able to register with On Business recently? I've tried to register my company 4 times now, on 2 different computers and 3 different browsers, and no luck. I can fill in all 4 pages of registration, then when it comes to the final "Register" button, it just loops right back to the start again.

I have emailed BA, but predictably no response so far. Is there a trick I'm missing?

I've gone ahead and booked travel without it because I can't afford to wait for a couple of the trips booked, so I'm just sort of hoping I can add the On Business number at a later date (before travel, which starts in 8 days). Or miss out. Meh.
Can't help with the signup issue, but you can add the OB number in later. On the Manage My Booking page down the bottom there's a small text link you can click and voila ^
Old Feb 13, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
Setup my BAEC membership tonight. After filling everything out it told me the membership number and gave me a "home" button, which I clicked. Then I went to login, and it failed, telling me I had to confirm my email address. I assume it had told me that before and I wasn't paying attention. No problem; went to email and clicked the activation link...but it directed me to a login page instead. That login page kept looping, because the account still wasn't activated.

Clearing my browser history / cookies / etc. and clicking the link again fixed it, no problem. I offer this only as a data point and/or if somebody has the same problem.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
The search window on the forum disappears s soon as the keyboard appears, thus making it impossible to type anything into it. I'm using an iPad/Google.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Heh, that's a FlyerTalk forum problem I have too gypsyjaney, but not one BA.com can help with

Someone did create this customised Google search though: http://bit.ly/FindBA - this searches BA.com and FT at the same time and is somewhat stronger than the FT forum search function. The only caveat is that the Google search will say something is on page X when really it's on page Y, depending on how many posts per page you have your settings on.

Hope this helps!
Old Feb 14, 2017, 8:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Thanks Jaxba, good to know I'm not alone! I'll give your suggestion a try.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Has someone forgotten to stick a quid in the box?

Can not get through to book a flight for the last two hours. Awful website.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
I have been trying to look at prices and options for a flight next week but the website seems down more than it is up today, even tried the AA.com site but it seems to give me no WTP prices ...
Old Feb 15, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
Their website is a sorry state of affairs. More so than ever today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.