Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Promo: Take 2 for £2014 in CW, Out 21 Dec-3 Jan, Rtn by 11 Jan '15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Promo: Take 2 for £2014 in CW, Out 21 Dec-3 Jan, Rtn by 11 Jan '15

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2014, 1:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by msstendring
I cannot seem to book this routing and fare basis - I would like to do this TP run is there any way you can help me please?
Post up the dates and somebody will check for you I'm sure. You also have a PM with how to check or look at post 115.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 1:40 pm

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
Grabbed a Long Weekend in San Francisco, despite saying I would stay at home this Christmas.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Despite only aiming for Silver this year, these prices were just too tempting! A quick 24 hours in Las Vegas will bring me an additional 820 tier points which means I will be Gold just after the New Year.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by NovemberPapa
Despite only aiming for Silver this year, these prices were just too tempting! A quick 24 hours in Las Vegas will bring me an additional 820 tier points which means I will be Gold just after the New Year.
Well done, hope you enjoy the Flounge!

I know these prices have been very hard for me to resist even though it won't affect my tier this year. The prices are good even with simple point to points, but the very clever TP runners on FT managed to find ways to make it even cheaper than the headline price as well as adding loads of TP into the equation.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 4:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
TP run newbie

Hi, I have been looking at doing a run for a while and have watched these threads for a bit. This offer seems almost too good to be true..... Has anyone come up with routing that would get 1500 TP's or close using this offer? Can probably set off 2nd onwards. Any help or advice on how to go about sorting a first run would be great!
Old Nov 30, 2014, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by ajb4
Hi, I have been looking at doing a run for a while and have watched these threads for a bit. This offer seems almost too good to be true..... Has anyone come up with routing that would get 1500 TP's or close using this offer? Can probably set off 2nd onwards. Any help or advice on how to go about sorting a first run would be great!
The trick to maximising the TPs is to combine a transatlantic, a transcon, and a Hawaii leg:

Transatlantic - has to be business class as there isn't much availability on the A318 from LCY as it isnt really running over the period. So 140tps x2

Transcon - JFK-PHX is a good bet, but the AA options are less good as they only net 140 per leg. Should be 210tp x 2

Best Hawaii gateway is LAX for choice of flights to make connections - so you might be able to slip in two further US flights PHX - LAX. Extra 60TPx2

Then your two Hawaii legs 210x2

So a total of 1240.

Im not sure you will get it much higher.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ajb4
Yes, something like MAN-HEL-LHR-JFK/BOS/MIA-LAX/PHX-HNL/LIH/OGG/KOA, and return, but don't use JFK-LAX, gets you 1440, which I think is the maximum unless you can squeeze in another 60 somewhere in the US (doubtful, didn't check the rules though). Availability in I class on MAN-HEL-LHR has all but vanished unfortunately.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 4:52 pm

Just booked for four of us to HNL on the AA website. All complete and I have a ref number but the status is "on request" rather than "confirmed".

I think it's because some of the flights are op by US which AA maybe can't ticket immediately. Should I be worried it will all fall through? I've checked on Expert Flyer and the availability is there in A buckets on both the US and AA codes, so I don't think it's phantom availability.

Anyone else also got bookings 'on request'?
Old Nov 30, 2014, 5:02 pm

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Just booked for four of us to HNL on the AA website. All complete and I have a ref number but the status is "on request" rather than "confirmed".

I think it's because some of the flights are op by US which AA maybe can't ticket immediately. Should I be worried it will all fall through? I've checked on Expert Flyer and the availability is there in A buckets on both the US and AA codes, so I don't think it's phantom availability.

Thats how it rolls on AA. Nothing to worry about. Will confirm in about 10 mins.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 5:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB

For my HNL TP run in August, it took 3 days before my booking changed from 'on request' to 'confirmed'.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 5:45 pm

Status is now 'ticketed' and I have selected seats on all flights so looking good.

For info we're doing JER-LGW/LHR-EWR-PHX-HNL-PHX-JFK-LHR. Overnights in NYC both ways, including New Year's Eve on the way back! Plus a token 2 nights in HNL.

£770pp all in so pretty happy. Spent literally all weekend trying to get 4 of us on the same booking - nearly impossible but got there in the end!
Old Nov 30, 2014, 7:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
Status is now 'ticketed' and I have selected seats on all flights so looking good.

For info we're doing JER-LGW/LHR-EWR-PHX-HNL-PHX-JFK-LHR. Overnights in NYC both ways, including New Year's Eve on the way back! Plus a token 2 nights in HNL.

£770pp all in so pretty happy. Spent literally all weekend trying to get 4 of us on the same booking - nearly impossible but got there in the end!
^

I can imagine it would be quite tricky trying to find the best/only possible routing with 4 people on one booking! Have a great NYE in NYC!
Old Nov 30, 2014, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems unbelievable AA/US agreed to these fares given how strong F/P/A demand was already on many USA domestic routes over the period.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 11:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by Calchas
Seems unbelievable AA/US agreed to these fares given how strong F/P/A demand was already on many USA domestic routes over the period.
Indeed and considering that this sale spans the end and start of the AAdvantage elite qualifying year, you would imagine it adds to the attraction.

I have no idea how these things work but I didn't expect to see them at this level on aa.com. That said, judging by the rapidly dissapearing availability, we aren't the only people who think so.

Last edited by Blueboys999; Dec 1, 2014 at 12:18 am
Old Nov 30, 2014, 11:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, KL/AF Lifetime Platinum, TK Gold
Originally Posted by ukgooner
The trick to maximising the TPs is to combine a transatlantic, a transcon, and a Hawaii leg:
For extra TPs you can combine with a transfer in Europe, the best one being MAN-HEL-LHR.

Originally Posted by ukgooner
Transatlantic - has to be business class as there isn't much availability on the A318 from LCY as it isnt really running over the period. So 140tps x2
LCY-JFK is specifically exempt from this fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.