Wiki Posts
Search

Am I an addict?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2014, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Calchas
I don't have a family, do you have advice on how I can spend my money and the correct quantity of it to spend on various activities?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23752449-post40.html
Old Oct 29, 2014, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony

I'll pass thanks
Old Oct 29, 2014, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Having a business class ticket in your hand makes all this angst about tier-level fly out the window. Once you have a premium cabin ticket, it doesn't really matter what status you are.

Some years ago, before I bothered to collect Star Alliance points, I flew from Vietnam to Singapore and the US in biz class on United and Singapore Airlines and I didn't even record a frequent flyer program with the booking. No status; no FF points. Was still in business class, still used the lounge and was still comfortable.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by creampuff
Having a business an international first class ticket in your hand makes all this angst about tier-level fly out the window. Once you have a premium cabin ticket, it doesn't really matter what status you are.
Fixed that for you :P
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:15 am

Programs: BA GGL FL, AA EXP, MR Titanium, HH Dia, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Melia Plat, Amex Centurion
Oh I love it !

With all the hair shirts folks wear when travelling Business Class, I am surprised they can still fit into the oversize "premium" seats......
Old Oct 30, 2014, 4:05 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Odd you mention that, I have some lowly minion pleb status with BA but I'm about to head off to the airport...... with a First Class ticket
Old Oct 30, 2014, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by creampuff
Odd you mention that, I have some lowly minion pleb status with BA but I'm about to head off to the airport...... with a First Class ticket
Congratulations. Don't forget to credit this one.

My point is that a full fare J ticket might give you the best seat on the plane but it wouldn't give you access to the F lounge, the F luggage desks, or the CCR. An Emerald card and a CCR card would be required.

In the US some J tickets don't even give you lounge access!

Enjoy your trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.