Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

I can't see for looking...what to expect in Club Europe?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I can't see for looking...what to expect in Club Europe?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the warning Grande Annee - I'm guessing that you'd prefer a nice Bollinger LGA too?

I'll warn Mrs Sbthang about the Monopole. It's not on her 'decline list' but she'd rather have a nice Ruinart or Billecart if the choice wass there (who wouldn't?)

We'll have Mimosa's then

Steve
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Great tip Sixth Freedom - I did wonder what the terminology 'squeezed' referred to...

Steve
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:04 am
Original Poster

I did wonder if the 'complimentary' Status offerings were 'push or pull' tuff - thanks for the heads-up.

Also, like your comment about the Gatwick Aspire Lounge stamps.

Steve
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Good points re: Left/Right handidness of PAX Sixth Freedom... Mrs Sbthang is a left-hooker whereas I'm a true righty

Steve
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:08 am
Original Poster

Good points re: Left/Right handidness of PAX Sixth Freedom... Mrs Sbthang is a left-hooker whereas I'm a true righty

Steve
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:10 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Priority Pass won't help at T5 or NCE T1. It does give you more options in LGW and some other locations in Europe.
Priority Pass is accepted in the Salon Riviera at NCE T1, but as Steve is travelling in CE, he wont need to produce his PP card.

However, on future trips in ET, he can happily gain access into the SR.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Nice post layz - covers pretty much everything I'd need to know.

Steve
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info re: refurb IanAsiaTraveller. I'm a six footer, so leg-room is relatively important, however after flying Charter on Air 2000 to Mombasa in the 90's, ANYTHING would be luxury compared to the space I had to occupy for 10 hours on that flight.

Steve
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by sbthang
Nice post layz - covers pretty much everything I'd need to know.

Steve
Now we've set your expectations to a more realistic level I hope you enjoy your flight and appreciate Club Europe for what it is. Let us know what you think.

One thing I never mentioned is food. Mealtimes (breakfast, lunch and dinner) I'm happy with the offerings. Afternoon Tea less so, my normal advice if you're flying during these times is to request a special meal (free through manage my booking). However some people like the afternoon tea so you might want to try it first and then decide what to do in future. Late morning has a reduced breakfast offering that they've decided to call brunch. Like afternoon tea opinions are divided on it, I think it's fine most of the time.

Thanks for the info re: refurb IanAsiaTraveller. I'm a six footer, so leg-room is relatively important, however after flying Charter on Air 2000 to Mombasa in the 90's, ANYTHING would be luxury compared to the space I had to occupy for 10 hours on that flight.

Steve
Row 1 is getting favourable comments by those who find the legroom too tight in the rest of the aircraft.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Confirmed: expectations reset to normal parameters...

The flight departs LHR @ 16:45 so I guess we'll still be in the afternoon tea catering slot.

I'll check to see in Row 1 is available.

Thanks again everyone - what a brilliant community here @ FlyerTalk.

Steve
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
I know that Afternoon Tea gets slated but I personally don't find it too offensive. You might enjoy it if you have never had it before.

You get champagne on the plane too by the way. Just ask!
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:52 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
I hope you have a good trip. For me Club Europe has always been a bit of a disappointing treat for leisure routes. By the sounds of the new cabin ; I wonder if there is any incentive at all to book it; unless a complete bargain. I think premium seating on the Likes of Monarch with a pre ordered meal are now going to be leading the pack
Old Oct 8, 2014, 6:27 am

Programs: BA, SQ
The flight departs LHR @ 16:45 so I guess we'll still be in the afternoon tea catering slot.
Originally Posted by stu1985
I know that Afternoon Tea gets slated but I personally don't find it too offensive. You might enjoy it if you have never had it before.
Just remember to put the clotted cream on first, then the jam.... or is the other way around?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by stu1985
You get champagne on the plane too by the way. Just ask!
You're always thinking of me when you drink it!

Originally Posted by Wong Jnr
Just remember to put the clotted cream on first, then the jam
Ahh, that's how you add some flavour to the sandwiches. I'm thinking you could just dunk them in the cream, much easier.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 6:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Thanks for the warning Grande Annee - I'm guessing that you'd prefer a nice Bollinger LGA too?

I'll warn Mrs Sbthang about the Monopole. It's not on her 'decline list' but she'd rather have a nice Ruinart or Billecart if the choice wass there (who wouldn't?)

We'll have Mimosa's then

Steve
You are quite right I would, but I know that we will never get that in CE or even CW. However it did used to be served in F a few years back.

Pommery used to be available in CE until a year or so ago which IMO was very drinkable.

Mrs Sbthang has very good taste in champagne

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.