Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time to enjoy CCR?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Interestingly I got a bollocking last week from a BA person for "only" getting to 10A 22mins before departure!
Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Plus if you are using the transits, and/or you are a slow walker and/or you aren't too familiar with T5 - these are things that slow you down. So I guess 45 minutes is a safe compromise, maybe 50 minutes if C. The passageways work well for fixing the time to get to the gates, but most people prefer to take the transits.
Is it a preference or lack of knowledge in most cases? A couple of months ago I'd injured my foot in such a way that was so noticeable that the lounge staff asked if I needed assistance. It was still preferable for me to walk, than stand still so I still decided walking through the tunnels was preferable to the train.

Perhaps if I'd asked for assistance I could have got driven through the tunnels I decided though that assistance was better for those who really needed it. After all I managed to get myself to the airport, some would have said I should have cancelled the trip (travel insurance would cover the losses).

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Mmm, for all my ra-ra treatment of CCR and its staff, I'm not sure I'd rely on them for this! Unless there's a delay you best keep half an eye on the clock and use the times above.
I took it to mean that the staff suggested a time to leave the lounge rather than them coming over when it was time to leave. Some first class lounges (AF in CDG) will come for you when it's boarding time but it wouldn't work with BA due to the higher number of F pax.

If there's a delay posted I often ask at the desk by the champagne bar in the F lounge when they think I should go to the gate. I've never had a delay when travelling F so I've not done the same in the CCR.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:42 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Lolbert
Interestingly I got a bollocking last week from a BA person for "only" getting to 10A 22mins before departure!
Gate 10 and gate 4, being bus gates, are very, very tightly scripted. I guess you got to the gate with a bus load of people who were keen to get a move on, and so the gate agents would indeed be drumming their fingers at 22 minutes. As soon as the last passenger is through then the bus can go and they can leave, but that bus should still accept passengers at 21 minutes, so that the gate can close at 20 minutes to departure. If they tried to offload someone at 22 minutes that would be time-stamped and could come back to haunt them if there was a challenge on that point.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Lolbert
Very common. I would hope you would give as good as you get, as it's pretty shocking behaviour by customer-facing staff. I tend to suggest that they get their watch checked as there's still time before the gate close (which is 20 minutes, not 21 if you're wanting to cut it as close as me - highly unadvisable!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.