Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

I'm confused by the 767 seat layout on my upcoming flight - any enlightenment?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2014, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Ex Club Gold, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Circle

Hi everyone,

I will be travelling to IST on Friday and back on Sat and have been looking at the seats avail on both flights. I think the return flight is a long haul 767 but the seat map on MMB doesnt match any I can find either on here or BA source or elsewhere - it shows a row 26 as only having DEF and no A/B or J/K (I mean physically not there , not just blocked out). It also shows a row 39, which doesn't appear anywhere else.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Also for what its worth, I am in 27B outbound as I believe this is an exit seat, and 26F on the return as its a bulkhead apparently - are these decent seats? I notice the flight back is no longer being sold - is this a good sign I might get bumped up or a bad sign I might get bumped off?!

Thanks as ever for any responses!

Sheppy26
Old Oct 7, 2014, 3:21 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Your 767 looks to be this layout:

(The lines are a little confusing on this depiction, essentially there are A-K all rows to 38, then 39A-F and 40-41 is just DEF.

As for the flight back, don't be expecting an upgrade, but as a BA silver member the chances of you being bumped off are very low.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 3:49 pm

Programs: GGLfL
Originally Posted by sheppy26
Hi everyone,

I will be travelling to IST on Friday and back on Sat and have been looking at the seats avail on both flights. I think the return flight is a long haul 767 but the seat map on MMB doesnt match any I can find either on here or BA source or elsewhere - it shows a row 26 as only having DEF and no A/B or J/K (I mean physically not there , not just blocked out). It also shows a row 39, which doesn't appear anywhere else.
That's the normal layout on the refurbished shorthaul 767s.

26DEF is the bulkhead row.

26AB and 26JK used to be the emergency exit row seats, but it's now 27AB and 27JK, since they squeezed an extra row in.

Try this one:

http://www.seatmaestro.com/airplanes...traveller.html
Old Oct 7, 2014, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought row 27 was always the exit row?

26F at the bulkhead is pretty cramped if you like to stretch your legs out. Wouldn't be my choice.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Ex Club Gold, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Circle
Thanks everyone,

I didn't realise that there were some aircraft that didn't quite fit the seat maps!

Ive taken the advice about 26F and gone for 16B instead now!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.