Community
Wiki Posts
Search

taking complaint higher

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2014, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

taking complaint higher

How do I take a complaint higher? Complained about flight on 28th July. Until now no resolution. Was told to upload receipts. Did. Nothing gone into bank account. Tweeted to say that no resolution had been made. Was contacted within two hours to say sorry they had now received the receipt and would reimburse the money. Was also told that because it was our honeymoon we would be sent a bottle of champagne and to give our address. The reply link to emails does not work. So went via BA website to 'update existing complaint' to give my address. This was 10 days ago. Still nothing. I want to complain further about this. I need either a direct email or normal address with contact name as this submitting enquiries has proved fruitless for over two months.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
What is the nature of the issue?

Unfortunately there is no direct email address - you have to use the form on the 'Contact us' section of ba.com.

If you have exhausted all options (and it sounds like you have), you could PM BA Executive Club on FT, the account monitored officially by BA. They may be able to assist.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 12:42 am
Original Poster

taking complaint higher

I'll do this thanks.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 2:52 am

Programs: Gold Mega Legend
Have you tried the old-school route of calling them?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: BAEC
You could also write a letter, addressed to the CEO at BA's registered office.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 8:50 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It's 10/8 and the original complaint was filed on 9/28. No idea what the issue was, but absent a complaint that one has been stranded by BA on a desert island without water, this seems to be a significant over-reaction.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:56 am

Programs: BA, AA, FB
Originally Posted by Often1
It's 10/8 and the original complaint was filed on 9/28. No idea what the issue was, but absent a complaint that one has been stranded by BA on a desert island without water, this seems to be a significant over-reaction.
You appear to have mixed up September and July.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Often1
It's 10/8 and the original complaint was filed on 9/28.
Not quite.

Complained about flight on 28th July
Old Oct 8, 2014, 12:36 pm

Writing to the CEO will just have your complaint passed back Customer Relations in all honesty, and won't be any quicker. Best way forward right know is probably to send BA another tweet in a private message. They'll pick it up and action it if it's within the average case age which as of yesterday was 20 days!

*******views are my own and in no way represent British Airways*******

Last edited by worjackie14; Oct 8, 2014 at 12:46 pm
Old Oct 8, 2014, 12:44 pm

Programs: VA Silver; BA Silver; IHG Platinum
Type ba ceo email address into Google. Find BA CEO email address.

Email the complaint to the CEO email address. Be concise, mention key aspects of complaint and timeline, leave emotion out of it but specifically mention the amount of time you have spent chasing the complaint up. If justified they will sort it for you and may throw some additional Avios your way.

The CEO has a specific team (not customer services) that deals with CEO complaints (but will discuss with customer services where needed) and will own the complaint. They will contact you via email and/or phone so include contact details.

Worked for me when I had to complain about delayed baggage. Complaint resolved to my satisfaction within 48 hours.

Job done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.