Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World's tightest man needs 45 tier points

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2014, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Why does the world's tightest man need BA status?

Shouldn't he be flying Ryanair?
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by leylandrichard
I don't apply any particular value to Avios - They're easy come, easy go in my book. I earn them through flights that are funded by my company. In this case, I'm personally paying for the tier points run, so I'll use the Avios to bring the cost down as far as I can.
I don't really "apply value" either in terms of thinking about my wealth.

All I am saying is that if I were the "world's tighest man", I wouldn't throw 90 worth of Avios to save 30 but I would use it as a one way RFS on my next holiday / personal trip to Europe when I can save 90 or even more on said flight.

yes, they are "easy come, easy go" but there's a way of getting good or best possible value out of them. A bit like those pieces of paper with " 5 " written on them. easy come, easy go. can be used in exchange for a can of diet coke. or can be used in exchange for 12 cans of diet coke.

so, brush up on your money saving tools, world's tighest man!
Old Oct 3, 2014, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chris1979
I don't really "apply value" either in terms of thinking about my wealth.

All I am saying is that if I were the "world's tighest man", I wouldn't throw 90 worth of Avios to save 30 but I would use it as a one way RFS on my next holiday / personal trip to Europe when I can save 90 or even more on said flight.

yes, they are "easy come, easy go" but there's a way of getting good or best possible value out of them. A bit like those pieces of paper with " 5 " written on them. easy come, easy go. can be used in exchange for a can of diet coke. or can be used in exchange for 12 cans of diet coke.

so, brush up on your money saving tools, world's tighest man!
Thanks for the lesson, Sir.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Yes, the LGW-JER flights are Club Europe.

Enjoy Jersey!^

Regards

TBS
Thanks - I will! The (small) pleasure in this is that I've never actually been to Jersey, so I'll wander around a bit, see the sights.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by chris1979
A bit like those pieces of paper with " 5 " written on them. easy come, easy go. can be used in exchange for a can of diet coke. or can be used in exchange for 12 cans of diet coke.
Diet Coke, the 2nd worst fizz in Club Europe!
Old Oct 3, 2014, 4:31 am

Programs: QF, FI, BA, HHonors & Le Club Accorhotels
Originally Posted by nux
1. The cheapest return fare 99, so that would be 198 for two.
2. LHR-LBA-LHR x2 is only 40 TP's.
Ah yes, I didn't think that one through haha!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.