Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: First

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2015, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by ParJA
Is there a website that shows unbooked seats available for BA flights?

If we were to change our flight to a day earlier, is there a way to see which seats are not yet booked in first class?

I'm hoping Nov 2nd will work on the LHR - YVR segment BA 0085. It's a daytime flight so would like to be closer than 1K/5A

I will then book OSL - LHR - YVR
There are no first class seats left on Nov. 3rd I was told. (We must have taken the last two seats in First.)
www.expertflyer.com

It is a subscription service but I believe you can do a few free searches.

I checked Nov 3rd - the only seats showing as available are......1K & 5A! It shows as F1 so BA are willing to oversell first by one seat.

On Nov 2nd, 1 A&K are available but blocked for golds.

The other available seats are 4&5K, 4&5A, and the middle pair 5E&F.

Last edited by HilFly; Sep 30, 2015 at 4:04 pm Reason: Tobias beat me to it - slow fingers!
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by HilFly
Quote:

Is there a website that shows unbooked seats available for BA flights?

If we were to change our flight to a day earlier, is there a way to see which seats are not yet booked in first class?

I'm hoping Nov 2nd will work on the LHR - YVR segment BA 0085. It's a daytime flight so would like to be closer than 1K/5A

I will then book OSL - LHR - YVR
There are no first class seats left on Nov. 3rd I was told. (We must have taken the last two seats in First.)

www.expertflyer.com

It is a subscription service but I believe you can do a few free searches.

I checked Nov 3rd - the only seats showing as available are......1K & 5A! It shows as F1 so BA are willing to oversell first by one seat.

On Nov 2nd, 1 A&K are available but blocked for golds.

The other available seats are 4&5K, 4&5A, and the middle pair 5E&F.
Thanks HilFly for your help.

Not sure why seats 1K / 5A ( Nov. 3rd )
are still showing available on your search as those are the seats we have at the moment, given by BA.

You mentioned seats 1A / 1K on Nov. 2nd are blocked for Golds. My husband has Gold status, so would he be able to take those seats for us? I am only Silver.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
This is the seatmap for 2 November 2015:

Results from ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
Seat Map Search:
Departing LHR on 02/11/15 for YVR
Flying BA flight 85 in First

A E F K
1 P P
2 - -
3 - -
4 + - - +
5 + + + +
A E F K

Seats
Premium Only P
Available +
Handicap-Accessible H
Paid & Premium #
Occupied -
Blocked X
Lavatory L
Paid $

Wing W
Upper Deck U
That's a great map Tobias, Thank you for sharing it. Most helpful.

Does Premium mean for GOLD status only?

Do 1A / 1K get the same storage as rows 2 and 3 ? Not familiar with the differences between row 1 and the other rows in First.

With 4A / 5A showing as available on Nov. 2nd perhaps that might be better for us than a side by side seat??

Neither my husband or I have experienced First class on BA.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Thanks HilFly for your help.

Not sure why seats 1K / 5A ( Nov. 3rd )
are still showing available on your search as those are the seats we have at the moment, given by BA.

You mentioned seats 1A / 1K on Nov. 2nd are blocked for Golds. My husband has Gold status, so would he be able to take those seats for us? I am only Silver.
Gold members can only reserve 1A&K for themselves and other gold members so your husband wouldn't be able to reserve one of them for you.

I also thought that it was strange that 1K & 5A still show as available.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:55 pm

Programs: QF(Platinum) VA(Platinum) EY(Platinum) NZ(Gold) AZ(Platinum) SPG(Gold)
Re: BA 777-300ER - First

I note in the usual seat guides that 1A is generally rated as positive (except some sites seem to incorrectly refer to toilets being near, whereas they are at the back of the First cabin from what I can see), and indeed have rang BA's call centre to get that seat assigned (as a OWE, had to request manually), but just wanted to check in on the collective wisdom here on FT.

Are there any issues with 1A on this aircraft? No cupboards in immediate vicinity repeatedly accessed by crew to disturb (like on A380), etc?
Old Sep 30, 2015, 11:36 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by SuiteFlight
Re: BA 777-300ER - First

... Are there any issues with 1A on this aircraft? No cupboards in immediate vicinity repeatedly accessed by crew to disturb (like on A380), etc?
The galley is in front of row one. Some find that an issue.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 12:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Do 1A / 1K get the same storage as rows 2 and 3 ? Not familiar with the differences between row 1 and the other rows in First.
IIRC you're flying on a 747? If so, then no, row 1 does not have any overhead storage. You've two choices: the wardrobe at the front of the cabin (in front of 1A/K), or get on first and nab overhead space in row 2.

Personally I avoid row 1 for this reason, particularly on a night flight, as I find it annoying when people are going to and fro the wardrobe (eg the crew sometimes need to use it for quilt / pillow storage, and for hanging passenger jackets etc).
Old Oct 1, 2015, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by evapor8
I'm with my wife - it's our honeymoon.

Sounds like these will be ok.

Chris
Wife and I are going for 4E/F (747) for our honeymoon. I did give her the choice but she said she would rather be sat together.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 5:55 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by SuiteFlight
I note in the usual seat guides that 1A is generally rated as positive (except some sites seem to incorrectly refer to toilets being near...
As you state correctly, the toilets are at the rear of the first class cabin. However, it will take some time before the majority of people work that out so you'll probably have folk traipsing past to try to find them.

Having said that, 1A is still my favourite seat on the 773.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 6:21 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by golfmad
As you state correctly, the toilets are at the rear of the first class cabin. However, it will take some time before the majority of people work that out so you'll probably have folk traipsing past to try to find them ...
Ain't that the truth?! What I find amazing is the number of times the same people keep going forward for the lav after being ushered back several times already ...

Originally Posted by golfmad
... Having said that, 1A is still my favourite seat on the 773.
1A/K is my favorite seat on all longhaul aircraft. I don't recall ever being disturbed by light, crew, galley noise, passengers or toilet flushers.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 6:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Ain't that the truth?! What I find amazing is the number of times the same people keep going forward for the lav after being ushered back several times already ...
Coming forward with increasing desperation perhaps?

1A/K is my favorite seat on all longhaul aircraft. I don't recall ever being disturbed by light, crew, galley noise, passengers or toilet flushers.
Me too but then I've also never felt claustrophobic in the first cabin like some have reported. Oh dear, I sound like an apologist again
Old Oct 1, 2015, 11:39 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Agreed. I was in 1K on the A380, which feels particularly private as there's no seat across the aisle. Never had a problem with being disturbed even with the toilet just behind the curtain.

It's possible to put too much thought into these things. Over 500 posts about the nuances of 14 different seats...
Old Oct 5, 2015, 4:01 am

Programs: BA - Gold, On Business, Turkish Elite
Best seats for a couple on BA First on a380 and 777

Hello, travelling wih my wife - upgraded to first using avios. On 777 I selected 1A and 1 E as the flight is day time and I'm not bothered about noise. However I am concerned if the seats are too far apart. On return flight on a380 I have 2k, 3k at the moment , but thinking of changing to 4e,f but concerned about the noise as its gonna be night flight. Any advise will be appreciated.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 4:13 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by docvenkat
Hello, travelling wih my wife - upgraded to first using avios. On 777 I selected 1A and 1 E as the flight is day time and I'm not bothered about noise. However I am concerned if the seats are too far apart. On return flight on a380 I have 2k, 3k at the moment , but thinking of changing to 4e,f but concerned about the noise as its gonna be night flight. Any advise will be appreciated.
This has been covered in depth many times over. See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ies-first.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...on-thread.html

If you want to talk to each other from your seats, take a middle pair.

The window/middle seats are angled away and offset from each other. You can sit together in one seat using the buddy seat to dine/chat. May be better to take two window seats one behind the other if you don't want a middle pair.

Last edited by nux; Oct 5, 2015 at 4:35 am Reason: Added quote, query was originally separate thread
Old Oct 24, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, AS Gold, SPG Gold, Emerald Club
Hi folks.

Flying F on a 747 next June, LHR-ORD. It'll be myself and my wife.

Looking at the seating chart, the "paired" seats in the middle are already full. Any chance a call to BA could shoehorn us into those, or are we stuck sitting apart along the wall?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.