Search

Seating Queries: First

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2015, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by burton
Thank you.

Do 2AK and 3AK have any of the "looking forward" perspective that I've read 1AK has in the nose of the 744?
Row 2 slightly.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by KARFA
None of the 777 seats have the looking forward perspective since you are a reasonable way back from the nose of the aircraft, whilst in a 747 you are right up in the nose.
Sorry about the ambiguity in my question. My question is about the forward facing perspective, if any, in 2AK and 3AK in the 744, not in the 777.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:02 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Ah sorry. Well yes a little but it gets less as you go from row 1 to 2, then to row 3 on the 747. I think by row 3 there is very little forward persepctive in the 747.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by KARFA
Ah sorry. Well yes a little but it gets less as you go from row 1 to 2, then to row 3 on the 747. I think by row 3 there is very little forward persepctive in the 747.
Thank you.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 5:13 am

I see from expertflyer that 1AK are available, but MMB doesn't allow me to select those seats. Perhaps because they are for Gold only? If so, do they become available at some point before the flight if no Gold has selected them?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 5:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tentativetraveller
I see from expertflyer that 1AK are available, but MMB doesn't allow me to select those seats. Perhaps because they are for Gold only? If so, do they become available at some point before the flight if no Gold has selected them?
1A & 1 K are held back for golds. If a gold has not already selected them the get released for anyone else in F to reserve - I think they get released roughly around 72 hrs before the fllight.
Old May 3, 2015, 2:22 pm

747 currently in 4EF. It's the first time I'll travel in F as a couple so I'm keen on the middle seats but I'm not able to get 5EF because of it being a bassinet seat. Have you been in 4EF as a couple and thought, oh, this is horrible?

We're returning on a 777 so have gone for 2K and 3K.

Both are day flights.
Old May 3, 2015, 2:36 pm

Hi there,

We are travelling LHR - GIG in F soon, this is our first F flight, and we want to maximise our experience!

Any advice please from anyone with knowledge on the best seats for a couple on this flight (I think it is a 777)?

Would be very grateful for any recommendations, thanks!
Old May 3, 2015, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
Really intrigued to fly on an A380 after hearing all these comments about how quiet it is... Sounds like it is noticeably quieter than a 777 First cabin if voices carry?
Yes, the difference is very noticeable. In fact, it is quite strange because some people made a lot of the supposedly better air on the 787 but I never felt a big difference from the rest, by contrast, most people mostly talk of the size of the A388 whilst to me the main difference that you feel as a passenger is the far greater silence quality and noticeable stability. It is a wonderful aircraft to fly IMHO.
Old May 3, 2015, 2:56 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Yes, the difference is very noticeable. In fact, it is quite strange because some people made a lot of the supposedly better air on the 787 but I never felt a big difference from the rest, by contrast, most people mostly talk of the size of the A388 whilst to me the main difference that you feel as a passenger is the far greater silence quality and noticeable stability. It is a wonderful aircraft to fly IMHO.
You fly them

I never got that Ambassadorial 'perk'
Old May 3, 2015, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by PETER01
You fly them

I never got that Ambassadorial 'perk'
Ah ah! with your support, I shally lobby Prospero and fellow moderators to ask that this be granted to us as Ambassadorial privilege!

That said, for having had the pleasure of making it into the cockpit of the A380 (sadly as a guest I hasten to confirm), I must say that the place feels very humbling!
Old May 3, 2015, 3:45 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Ah ah! with your support, I shally lobby Prospero and fellow moderators to ask that this be granted to us as Ambassadorial privilege!

That said, for having had the pleasure of making it into the cockpit of the A380 (sadly as a guest I hasten to confirm), I must say that the place feels very humbling!

Yes, I am also a great fan of the A380 but after my first time in a row 1 seat (1K) on the Jumbo a few weeks ago I must say I forgot how much I miss them. (after being lucky enough to have sat in quite a few of the other seats in F on the 747)

Be a sad day once they all go but all good things come to an end.

FWIW I actually like row 3 on bith the A380 and the 747 as I like an open view sometimes.

However, back to reality for a while and back down to Y and W!
Old May 6, 2015, 10:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Rewards, BAPP
Mrs AQ and I have now got First seats on the B77W LHR-NRT in August.

Currently we have 1F and 1K, just wondering if 1A and 1E are better?

I like the window and Mrs AQ an aisle.
Old May 6, 2015, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
No, of your two choices the ones you have are the best.
Old May 6, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Rewards, BAPP
Thanks CIHY we'll stay put in our original seats then

We are returning via HND so will get to try MF on the route for the first time. I just hope the B772 isn't as noisy as the BA one I flew on last time. Granted that was in 2001!

Cheers
AQ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.