Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Has anyone ever got BA/Amex to "untrigger" a 241 Voucher?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone ever got BA/Amex to "untrigger" a 241 Voucher?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2014, 2:35 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Yes, that's how it worked for me, too, when that happened a few years back - although in my case I deliberately delayed the refund into year 2 so as to help with postponing that year's voucher issue.
Same here- mine was a case of a 241 voucher triggered by fully-flex J ticket which wasn't used (no intention to trigger voucher). As well as having additional spend requirement the next year my 'avios to be transferred' balance went into negative territory for a month or so (it had been transferred to BA before I claimed the refund) until I had made up the spend.

I think if you got a refund onto the card and then closed the account, with the intention of keeping the avios, you might end up with some kind of audit.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Teece
Only if the refund occurs in the subsequent year. Otherwise it's whatever the limit is for your card, £10k or £20k.
Oh yes, ignore that bit. I expect the refund in a few days, and my year end is not till December.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MrSimonR
...which you can't book until August 2015, giving you more than a year to earn your next 241

...meaning you can get an unexpected bonus by taking a 241 trip to NYC or somewhere that won't use a lot of avios.
The simple fact is the early trigger means I won't be able to use that voucher. Yes, I could probably trigger the following year's one early, but then I'll have to do that for subsequent years too.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue, Radisson, Accor
This happened to me last year. Transaction was put through with a extra 0 added. Took me over the limit and triggered the voucher. Didn't really want the voucher then and phoned Amex who reversed the voucher and told me to phone the helpline when I had correctly triggered the limit. They did say that they rarely got requests like mine and weren't sure how to handle it. Made the limit later on that year phoned in and voucher issued.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 7:22 am
Original Poster

An update to this.

I contacted Amex, they said they'd contact BA, and the voucher disappeared from my BAEC account a few days later.

I've since reached the £10K threshold (excluding the spurious charge/refund), contacted Amex again and the voucher is now sitting in my BAEC account.

Good service all round.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 7:46 am

Great resolution! I am always trying to juggle expenses to make sure 2-for-1s come in at useful time (e.g. trying to get one at the end of the card year, and one at the start of the next) as this allows me to double them up more easily. If I plan successfully I'll be using my 4-for-1 in summer 2016 also.

R
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by rl290
If I plan successfully I'll be using my 4-for-1 in summer 2016 also.

R
Surely it's a 4-for-2?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.