Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member personal greeting

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2024, 5:03 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Frankly, I would rather the crew get on with the service than come out thanking me, a total stranger, for my loyalty. Imagine my surprise when I flew Iberia the other day CDG-MAD and the Inflight Manager came to greet me. I am afraid that as I was sitting in 1C - I used the opportunity to ask if he cring me a Cava as soon after take off as possible. Iberia fly from the mot horrid of Terminals at CDG with no Lounge and then pack everyone in a bus to be dragged out to the aircraft so I was parched. As soon as the crew were released I go my Cava and was addressed by name sans Ipad.

I remember that we were thanked for our business en route to LAX. The Upper Deck Purder was absolute mustard - he knew exactly what he was doing and the service was impeccable - he made it sound friendly rather than by rote - bt then it is easier on Long Haul I think.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 5:20 am

Lovely greeting on LHR - BER on the 994 on Wednesday. I never expect it so is nice when it happens. I do find it happens more on 2+ hour flights in Europe when there's a CE light load. Think it was 3 rows.

This now makes it both times on the ex BMI A319s have had it in the past year. I don't know if it's because there's a sense of embarrassment for the plane interior. I must say I find flying on them quite nostalgic and would take that seat over a Recaro every day of the week.
DeathSlam and pmcbeagle like this.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
No greeting on either of the outward LGW -ACE nor return ACE-LGW flights last week. I considered asking the cabin manager during the four-hour flights what the BA protocol re greetings is but didn't want to fall into the DYKWIA category. Lol.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Had a very nice greeting from the Inflight Manager on a heavily delayed short-haul flight recently. Meal service had already taken place on the ground due to the delay. About half-way through the flight she sat down and had a chat with us, asking whether there was anything else she could do to help and what we thought of the communication. We gave her our honest feedback (she'd done a great job in trying circumstances) and she really seemed to appreciate it.

Our glasses were constantly topped up, even on the ground - the IFM asked for the police to attend so she could check whether they minded if she unbonded the alcohol trolley . The contents of the BOB trolley were also made freely available to all. When I went to the galley to order some extra drinks she apologised for letting another pax into the loo in front of me (I wasn't actually intending on going)! Overall what could have been a miserable flight became one to remember because of the phenomenal service.

A well-deserved thank you form sent off!
Old Mar 18, 2024, 1:54 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

LHR-BCN

Again another good experience SH, flew in Club from LHR-BUD on the morning service and although not officially a greeting, when the club crew approached us, he specifically mentioned that he is coming to us first to take our order as we are Gold members - on one hand quite humourous as we were already in row 1. But still a recognition is a recognition.
The IFL was quite a young lady (in fact first time seeing the whole crew to be on the younger side). The IFL was indeed very active and "trained" her crew well to make sure every one was catered for - I did see her bringing 5-6 glasses of champagne to the back I guess for other Gold members.

My count of having great service on SH seems to be really way up there in numbers to the service level for Long-haul including in First, which have all been either just OK or mediocre. Wonder why this is the case?

Cheers!
flarmip and Bluekjp like this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 2:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold
First time flying in economy in a few years last week to and from Geneva.

No Gold greeting on either flight.

Shame.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 3:22 pm

Programs: BAEC
It's kinda funny when they do greet me for being in gold or when they come with menus when I fly in CW/F. My appearance does not exactly match the name on my passport so when they see me and compare me against what they were expecting on the list the crew are often visibly confused which can be amusing, so they sometimes just skip over the name and greet me without that.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
Excellent IFM on JER/LHR Sunday. She had clearly committed rows 1 and 2 names (8) to memory and confidently took drinks orders without IPad (or indeed error!).

Also a cheeky "welcome back Mr Mutu" as she stood in the aisle adjacent to row 1 waiting for the safety briefing to commence

6 rows of club fed and watered in a flight time of 35 mins. No complaints here
Old Mar 30, 2024, 11:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Platinum, BA Amex etc
Charming personal greeting and brief chat on LHR-ZRH this evening, been a long day and was very welcome.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 11:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
On the DFW service yesterday I got one pre takeoff.

He apologised for the zoo at the gate and difficulty boarding through the crowds.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by pmcbeagle
Charming personal greeting and brief chat on LHR-ZRH this evening, been a long day and was very welcome.
You’re clearly an extrovert
If it’s me and it’s a been a long day, the last thing I want to do is take my AirPods out and talk to someone
Dan72, lhrsfo, pmcbeagle and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
Aw, gee, I didn't get a gold greeting on the two AA flights I flew yesterday TUS-PHX-SLC on a CJ7 and E175. Did get PDBs on each though :-)

Cheers,

-Cyborg
SwedeT likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 8:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
Lovely greeting including a brief chat about flight statistics on BA292 IAD - LHR last weekend which felt very genuine.
In general it was a great crew on this late evening flight.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 4:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Very nice greeting on Monday from MCO-LGW. Onward from LGW-GLA on Thursday, not a thing!
Old Apr 5, 2024, 4:45 am

Programs: BAEC GGLfL
I’ve had a fair few greetings over the years (and I still get none at all). The memorable ones are the relaxed, but genuine, welcome. It’s a tricky mission to get right. The British (and apologies for excluding the non-British passengers in what will already be a broad generalisation) are a difficult crowd to please. In a couple of seconds, the IFL needs to assess the person’s mood/approachability and calibrate a response. It’s a human psychology nightmare. So hats off to all those lovely senior crew members over the years who have got it right!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.