Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold member personal greeting

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2024, 1:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
LHR-NBO 7/02 - Personal greeting in Premium about 4hrs into the flight. Asked if I needed anything and lots of G&T arrived.

Nothing on the return leg last week appart form being told off by crew for reclining my seat in Premium as the person behind was not happy about it..... but that's for another thread.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 10:24 am

As a very lowly Blue (having retained my accumulated Avios and Life Time TPs only by converting some Nectar points to Avios) I was greeted and addressed by name in a friendly manner on all interactions with cabin crew, from boarding to disembarking, during a flight in CE yesterday. I suppose that being the last passenger to board might have had something to do with it.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 12:28 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Rob0895
NCL-LHR a few days ago on the BA1321, I was in the exit row in Y, was greeted and offered a glass of champagne and a slight chat.
I wish they did serve small Indian spiced edibles...
Chaat - Wikipedia
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 10:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
BWI-LHR: I must have been a parallel universe today (maybe being the 29th) - but greeted by name before even approaching the check-in desk, even the TSA-pre person recognised me before I handed over my BP/passport (that's scarry), lounge manager welcomed me in (as always!) and the boarding agent greeted me (but we know each other by now anyway). In flight, nothing... . Then on arrival, the arrival lounge dragons were insistent that I had breakfast in the arrivals CCR - I only popped in the arrivals lounge for a cup of tea - so declined. Weird.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines
I am flying with BA Euroflyer next week to Lanzarote, will be interesting to see if any greetings are offered - not that BA flights always do, of course.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 11:40 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meli & HH & Marriott Gold
Sat in row 2 on a LHR to Germany flight this week, in a fairly large and full J cabin, I was surprised when the meal service started with me.

Following a personal (and warm) "glad to have you back on board" after eating, I realised this was my first BA flight since regaining Gold late last year (I had dropped to Silver).
higham44, catmndu and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 2:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Nicely executed gold greeting by the in flight
manager on this evenings LHR-NCL, first one for what seems a long while.
fdm1000 and Radiation Station like this.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Some brilliant CC turned what could have been a poor flight into a great one this evening. An unrefurbished ex-BMI steed was doing the honours, so no WiFi or plug sockets. Several maintenance issues meant CE was effectively declassified - the divider was stuck, meaning one row of economy was situated in front of the curtain, and the rear toilets were OOU due to a lack of water. The post-boarding announcement apologised for all of the issues and encouraged passengers to provide BA with their honest 'feedback'!

This was followed by a nice GGL/Gold greeting for my friends and I in the 'cheap seats'. We were asked if we'd like anything else when the snack trolley came through the first time - but we were all a bit unsure whether that was alluding to preorders for the BoB trolley, so we passed.

After the snack and BoB trolleys had done their rounds, the IFL came through again asking if there's anything she could get us (this was much more clearly a complimentary offering) and we asked for some hot drinks. Always nice to have some proper china! The IFL even recognised me from a previous trip when we chatted briefly in the galley.

The icing on the cake was that we left a couple of minutes early and arrived nearly half an hour early! Don't think I've ever had such good running on a SH flight. Unfortunately the gate staff were caught unawares (an aircraft, arriving at an airport - who'd have thought it!) so we lost a few minutes waiting for the jetbridge to be attached. But some judicious running allowed me to catch a train leaving Heathrow 10 minutes before our scheduled arrival time, which has put me in very good stead for the journey home.

It's experiences like this that keep me flying BA. Sure, it's rubbish that they're still flying aircraft whose refurbishment is over a decade overdue - but the staff make up for it (on the whole).
catmndu, DeathSlam, SwedeT and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 2:55 pm

Programs: \_(ツ)_/
Calling all "Gold member personal greeting" experts!
Have you seen an IFL greet GGL first and then the rest of GCH? Or maybe based on CIV?
Old Mar 3, 2024, 3:09 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by VorelNaCestach
Calling all "Gold member personal greeting" experts!
Have you seen an IFL greet GGL first and then the rest of GCH? Or maybe based on CIV?
My experience is that they work down the seating plan from the forward cabin. On long haul it's usually the port aisle then the starboard for obvious reasons. Which would mean a CW GGL in 5F would perhaps be greeted after a GCH in WT 52A. It's discretionary so there won't be a consistent approach. Also in long haul the IFL is going to be working WTP and WT. Short haul they would be typically the only senior.
JapesUK and VorelNaCestach like this.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 5:33 pm

Programs: British Airways
I had a nice named greeting from the IFL flying back from DFW on Friday. She left me in the capable hands of a very pleasant and professional CC who got a mention by me to her upon departure. Club was quite full but the service never wavered. Very impressed.
BA or bust, LCSinTexas and JapesUK like this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 3:45 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
I had a nice one whilst changing mini-me in the back of the plane during boarding yesterday. The CC at the back asked for my seat to bring the extra seatbelt and baby life vest, and when I came out again they called me by name and offered me a bigger bottle of water, and again called both my wife and I by name when they came round with the water/snacks. Very well executed. A bright spot on an otherwise very average trip (both flights delayed, and luggage took a while to arrive in LHR...)
KARFA likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 7:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (1w Emerald), United Platinum (*G), Marriott Plat Elite
To my surprise, IFL came down on my BA173 LHR-JFK for a quick chat - as a now Silver traveling in Y I was pleasantly surprised! I wonder if the departure delay had to do something with it
Old Mar 10, 2024, 1:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
Having been gold for a couple years now, had my first proper gold welcome in CE on KEF LHR. I appeared to be the only gold in the cabin and also acknowledged my partner by name travelling with me. Did make me blush a little but it did feel genuine and the service the rest of the flight was brilliant!

Just before landing I was gifted the box of Lindt chocolates!

Will be sending a golden ticket!
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 5:08 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GOLD, AS,AA,HILTON,IHG
BA 192 DFW-LHR
A crack crew! I was even greeted by name on AA LAX-DFW! BA CSD was as good as they get as was my FA. A380 First looked new! Everything and everyone was top shelf although the ride was often bumpy. I offered to have a look at the yaw damper for them.
crazy8534 and LCSinTexas like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.