Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Cocktail Menu introduced in Concorde Room (LHR)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 15, 2014, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
Cocktails in the Concorde Room LHR

As of May 2014, a range of cocktails was launched in the Concorde Room (CCR), Heathrow Terminal 5. They are available during the CCR's opening hours, from 5 am to the final flight of the day. Along with some classic cocktails, using drinks from the Diageo brands, there is a signature cocktail, the Tanqueray BA175, which is exclusive to British Airways. Special glasses are used for the cocktails.

The current menu (December 2023) can be found in post #167 or click here.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2014, 6:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by aceman
Shortlist?:

Kamikaze
Dive bomber
B52
Slow Screw
The Aviation
The Dingaling
None of those!

The Tanqueray BA175 (created especially for BA)
Kir Royal
Bucks Fizz
Classic Martini
Bloody Mary
Cosmopolitan
Mojito
Citric Espresso Martini
Ron Zacapa XO
Johnnie Walker Blue Lable

The Pilot's Choice (I wonder why they didn't call them virgin )
BA-NA175
Perfectly British
Old May 14, 2014, 6:57 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Originally Posted by aceman
Shortlist?:

Kamikaze
Dive bomber
B52
Slow Screw
The Aviation
The Dingaling
Sex in the Washroom?
Runway Excursion? (Mudslide with extra Kahlua)
Slippery Escape Slide?

Old May 14, 2014, 6:58 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by seanp7
What makes you so Cosmopolitan?
Now now, gents.. Stop being so Sour!
Old May 14, 2014, 7:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Ah, it's finally happened. This is the improvement I've been hinting at for a while. And BA-NA175 and Perfectly British are indeed alcohol free (hurray).

The Tanqueray BA175 is the CCR signature cocktail, it has apparently been prepared and served on the relevant 747 at some point recently, and here's the background:

This month a cocktail by the UK’s Bartender of the Year 2013, Gareth Evans, will be unveiled for service in the British Airways Concorde Room, at London Heathrow Terminal 5. Offering a luxurious taste of the capital’s incredible cocktail scene, guests will be able to enjoy Gareth’s aperitif, the Tanqueray BA175 pre-flight.

The cocktail, named The Tanqueray BA175, will be served in an elegant champagne flute with equal 25ml measures of pink grapefruit juice, apricot liquor and Tanqueray No. TEN gin topped with champagne. Offering a playful twist on the classic French 75, the delicately balanced aperitif was created by Gareth in 2013 as he succeeded in the rigorous search to find the UK World Class Bartender of the Year.

Gareth Evans says,

“It is an honour to have my cocktail served in this iconic destination within Heathrow. When people started flying many years ago it was common to enjoy cocktails on board and pre-flight. It’s great that British Airways is celebrating our current ‘golden era’ for cocktails by supporting World Class and serving world class cocktails in their Concorde Room.”

The cocktail is being served to mark the second consecutive year World Class and British Airways have partnered to find the UK World Class Bartender of the Year as part of the global World Class competition.
Old May 14, 2014, 7:48 am
Original Poster

It's been a little strange hearing cocktail shakers in the CCR ... and a few dropped glasses

It's very quiet in here again today, probably the reason I can gear the shaker. The cocktails appear popular.
Old May 14, 2014, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Now can we also celebrate the age old English tradition for beer?

Of course the beer shouldn't be a CCR only thing and I think cocktails make a nice addition to the menu for a top lounge. Is the Bucks Fizz and Kir Royale made with LPGS?

I like the pilots choice idea although it would have been amusing if they'd used 'Virgin' to describe their alcohol free range. The 5 Tuns bar (T5 check in area) has a selection of Bloody Mary's - the alcohol free version is called 'Bloody Shame' instead of Virgin Mary. Wonder if they did that to deliberately avoid using Virgin in the BA terminal.

I'll keep mentioning beer until we get some more choice but I do think this is a good idea too. A nice improvement.
Old May 14, 2014, 8:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by seanp7
What makes you so Cosmopolitan?
Any word of this happening in the other CCR, y'know, the one near Manhattan
Old May 14, 2014, 8:26 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K

Now I can get my two martinis lunches back on track!
Old May 14, 2014, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by layz
... Is the Bucks Fizz and Kir Royale made with LPGS? ...
They are indeed, in fact the menu specifically states they are mixed with LPGS.
Old May 14, 2014, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by GadgetGal
Any word of this happening in the other CCR, y'know, the one near Manhattan
I would have liked to have seen a Manhattan on the list. And confused as to why

'Ron Zacapa XO
Johnnie Walker Blue Label'

are listed as cocktails Surely these are drinks?

That said, I love this idea, and may partake of a Tanquerey BA175 in September, even at 9am! As LondonElite put it, Airport Rules...
Old May 14, 2014, 12:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Ron Zacapa XO
Diplomatico, from Venezuela. Fixed it for you!
Old May 14, 2014, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
After weeks of waiting the new Cocktail Menu has just been introduced to the Concorde Room. There are 10 alcoholic items and two 'Pilot's Choice' ones.

If I get chance later I'll post the menu in full.
Cool. There in 4 weeks, hope this is here to stay and not just a trial. Mojito is a favourite of mine at any hour.
Old May 14, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL; Hilton Diamond
Many thanks to Tobias for inviting me into the CCR today for a Tanqueray BA175 :-)
Old May 14, 2014, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
The OH enjoyed a tester martini last week when the staff were practicing, and was impressed.

It was clear that a lot of thought and effort has gone into this true enhancement, which I hope that many will enjoy. Some great new glasses have been purchased.

Well done to all involved!

Will be back in CCR next month, so will certainly try a couple, although it will be quite early....
Old May 14, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Question...as somebody who's going to experience the CCR for the first time in a couple of months, is the bar limited to these cocktails only?

I only ask because I do enjoy a good Tom Collins (which is relatively simple to make) and was hoping I could enjoy one there

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.