Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Cocktail Menu introduced in Concorde Room (LHR)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 15, 2014, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
Cocktails in the Concorde Room LHR

As of May 2014, a range of cocktails was launched in the Concorde Room (CCR), Heathrow Terminal 5. They are available during the CCR's opening hours, from 5 am to the final flight of the day. Along with some classic cocktails, using drinks from the Diageo brands, there is a signature cocktail, the Tanqueray BA175, which is exclusive to British Airways. Special glasses are used for the cocktails.

The current menu (December 2023) can be found in post #167 or click here.

Print Wikipost

Cocktail Menu introduced in Concorde Room (LHR)

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2014, 1:50 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by dilpat84
Question...as somebody who's going to experience the CCR for the first time in a couple of months, is the bar limited to these cocktails only?

I only ask because I do enjoy a good Tom Collins (which is relatively simple to make) and was hoping I could enjoy one there
The staff have all been trained to do this selection (over several months I may add!) but my guess is that some of them would be prepared to give it a go. At a guess, Charles or Kris would probably give it a go if they have the ingredients. Best sit at the bar and walk them through it.
Old May 14, 2014, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Ah, it's finally happened. This is the improvement I've been hinting at for a while. And BA-NA175 and Perfectly British are indeed alcohol free (hurray).

The Tanqueray BA175 is the CCR signature cocktail, it has apparently been prepared and served on the relevant 747 at some point recently, and here's the background:

This month a cocktail by the UK’s Bartender of the Year 2013, Gareth Evans, will be unveiled for service in the British Airways Concorde Room, at London Heathrow Terminal 5. Offering a luxurious taste of the capital’s incredible cocktail scene, guests will be able to enjoy Gareth’s aperitif, the Tanqueray BA175 pre-flight.

The cocktail, named The Tanqueray BA175, will be served in an elegant champagne flute with equal 25ml measures of pink grapefruit juice, apricot liquor and Tanqueray No. TEN gin topped with champagne. Offering a playful twist on the classic French 75, the delicately balanced aperitif was created by Gareth in 2013 as he succeeded in the rigorous search to find the UK World Class Bartender of the Year.

Gareth Evans says,

“It is an honour to have my cocktail served in this iconic destination within Heathrow. When people started flying many years ago it was common to enjoy cocktails on board and pre-flight. It’s great that British Airways is celebrating our current ‘golden era’ for cocktails by supporting World Class and serving world class cocktails in their Concorde Room.”

The cocktail is being served to mark the second consecutive year World Class and British Airways have partnered to find the UK World Class Bartender of the Year as part of the global World Class competition.
Can one extrapolate from this that they will have grapefruit juice behind the bar for other purposes?
Old May 14, 2014, 2:08 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Can one extrapolate from this that they will have grapefruit juice behind the bar for other purposes?
Well I've been stressing over this very point for hours on end. I think it's a yes, since the quantities needed for this drink seem quite high.... Obviously I will confirm shortly, if Filthy doesn't beat me to it. The non alcoholic version has slightly more grapefruit juice in it. Can't you just have the cocktail for breakfast?
Old May 14, 2014, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL+CCR, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Dia
Originally Posted by seanp7
Yum! I'll be there in 2 weeks.

Will they be available at 7:30am? (I'm on holiday )
That is a stroke of luck in there tomorrow and with a 15:25 flight so the sun well over the yardarm and may have a dabble.
Old May 14, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: FT
i did notice a lady drinking a cosmo on Monday when i was there. i was having some of the rum....oh it was very very nice. did not know it was new but it was also on the F menu on Monday.
Old May 14, 2014, 3:31 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Now then - when will the cigars be reintroduced?
Old May 14, 2014, 3:52 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The only question is: can they make a good Negroni?
Old May 14, 2014, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold GGL
I am concerned about this development.

Now, when I visit the CCR, I will have to have the following:

(1) ordinary champagne
(2) rose champagne
(3) tanqueray and tonic (aperitif)
(4) wine with starter, wine with main
(5) digestif (many choices)
(6) Baileys coffee (stimulant needed)

Where should (7) cocktail go?

Could I fit this all in in a 60-minute connection?
Old May 14, 2014, 4:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Caribbean Stallion.
Old May 14, 2014, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by CMK10
The only question is: can they make a good Negroni?
No, but I can. Antica Formula!
Old May 14, 2014, 4:55 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LondonElite
No, but I can. Antica Formula!
Well I missed the nonstop RDU-LHR for tonight but I can be there Friday if you want to start preparing your ingredients.
Old May 14, 2014, 7:17 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, Miles and More Frequent Traveler, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Speedbird876
I am concerned about this development.

Now, when I visit the CCR, I will have to have the following:

(1) ordinary champagne
(2) rose champagne
(3) tanqueray and tonic (aperitif)
(4) wine with starter, wine with main
(5) digestif (many choices)
(6) Baileys coffee (stimulant needed)

Where should (7) cocktail go?

Could I fit this all in in a 60-minute connection?
This may well be pushing it i suspect but i would certainly have a go.

I was in there a few weeks ago and Charles made me a mojito using Zacapa XO, it was fantastic! if anybody is thinking of ordering a mojito ask for it with zacapa instead of bacardi añejo. I dont think you will be disappointed.
Old May 15, 2014, 12:49 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Well I've been stressing over this very point for hours on end. I think it's a yes, since the quantities needed for this drink seem quite high.... Obviously I will confirm shortly, if Filthy doesn't beat me to it. The non alcoholic version has slightly more grapefruit juice in it. Can't you just have the cocktail for breakfast?
With no plans tonight, I'm tempted to book a flight somewhere just to find out!
Old May 15, 2014, 1:36 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
It's never too early Mish Moneypenny

Old May 15, 2014, 1:45 am

I was upset by the removal of olives from GC and GF, because of wanting to make a dry martini, slightly dirty, the way I prefer. Martini glasses in the other lounges would also be a nice addition.

Enjoy it, Mr Long. And enjoy your snooze on your flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.