Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Cocktail Menu introduced in Concorde Room (LHR)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 15, 2014, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
Cocktails in the Concorde Room LHR

As of May 2014, a range of cocktails was launched in the Concorde Room (CCR), Heathrow Terminal 5. They are available during the CCR's opening hours, from 5 am to the final flight of the day. Along with some classic cocktails, using drinks from the Diageo brands, there is a signature cocktail, the Tanqueray BA175, which is exclusive to British Airways. Special glasses are used for the cocktails.

The current menu (December 2023) can be found in post #167 or click here.

Print Wikipost

Cocktail Menu introduced in Concorde Room (LHR)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2014, 1:50 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
We'll see! About to broad...
Good luck - I wish I had been there to experience the cocktail menu with you! Next time

aks120
Old Jun 6, 2014, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Deleted - While it may have made some sense in my head last night, it makes none whatsoever this morning!

Last edited by Filthy Monkey; Jun 7, 2014 at 1:11 am Reason: Because I shouldn't attempt to type when drunk!
Old Jun 6, 2014, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by aks120
Good luck - I wish I had been there to experience the cocktail menu with you! Next time

aks120
It obviously wasn't the same without you but it was very nice to meet idlingby.

Last edited by Filthy Monkey; Jun 7, 2014 at 1:08 am Reason: Clearing up the nonsense!
Old Jun 6, 2014, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
It obviously want the same without you, but my Russian busdy was lovely
Ha Ha Ha - What lovely sentiment

Safe flight

aks120
Old Jun 6, 2014, 2:09 pm

I'm on board! Turns out I do a great impression of a sober person

Last edited by Filthy Monkey; Jun 7, 2014 at 1:06 am Reason: It didn't make much sense...
Old Jun 6, 2014, 2:09 pm

Ish....
Old Jun 6, 2014, 2:13 pm

Ish....
LOL - safe flight!
Old Jun 6, 2014, 2:18 pm

Well, the official verdict, now that I'm awake and far more sober, is that the cocktails are quite delicious and clearly very effective

Last edited by Filthy Monkey; Jun 7, 2014 at 1:05 am Reason: The alcohol has worn off!
Old Jul 11, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Tonight I gave the espresso martini a whirl. Nice.

Espresso martini by Moomba, on Flickr
Old Aug 19, 2014, 2:33 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Finally, I've been able to complete my trial of the BA experimental gin.

The first one to appear, was 'Herbatious', which I first tried in a G&T and later in a dry martini with a twist.

It didn't work at all in either drink, the herb tast was much to strong and spoilt both drinks.

A few weeks later, another one appeared, I think the working name was 'Citrus infusion, but I may be wrong there, though Citrus was part of the name.

This one was just as bad as the previous version, for the same reason, but with added citrus flavour.

Now a week or so back, the third variety made its first appearance.

Working name 'Oriental'.

I first tried it last week in a G&T and again yesterday in a Dry Martini.

To my great surprise, it was a lot better than the previos two.

It has a more bitter taste than most gin, so some people will like it, while others will hate it.

We'll see if BA go forward with any of these varieties.

My critisism is that the first to varieties where so bad, they should never have left the development room at the distillers.

bjorns
Old Aug 22, 2014, 6:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Was a wee bit disappointed to have ordered a Johnnie Walker Blue upon my first visit to the CCR last week and to have been given a tumblr of the golden nectar on it's own without so much as a 'Would you like some water with that?'.

Perhaps they decided the carafe, ice, and water was too much faff? I even sat at the bar so it can't have been that they didn't want to lug all the extras over to where I was sitting.

Ho hum.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 6:56 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by bjorns
A few weeks later, another one appeared, I think the working name was 'Citrus infusion, but I may be wrong there, though Citrus was part of the name.

This one was just as bad as the previous version, for the same reason, but with added citrus flavour.
I find these experiments with my favorite spirit laudable but often appalling... glad to see they are now on a more "traditional" route.

A bit OT, but especially the premium spirits boom has had some horrible stepchildren in form of flavored vodka and gin, etc.. I love me some Tanqueray and I usually have my house bar stocked with T10 (and a very nice bottle of Malacca), but the "lime-infused" Tanqueray Rangpur they started a while back is basically cat pi** with a strong dishwashing liquid flavor. While browsing duty free shops at HAM I noticed a new Bombay Sapphire product that also had the dreaded "exotic infusion" on its labelling. Haven't been brave enough to taste it yet. I hope this is just a fad.

All a good G&T or a good Martini need is high-quality ingredients, and keeping it pure and simple. In my mind, that's what British understatement is all about.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by dilpat84
Was a wee bit disappointed to have ordered a Johnnie Walker Blue upon my first visit to the CCR last week and to have been given a tumblr of the golden nectar on it's own without so much as a 'Would you like some water with that?'.

Perhaps they decided the carafe, ice, and water was too much faff? I even sat at the bar so it can't have been that they didn't want to lug all the extras over to where I was sitting.
Maybe they immediately recognised you as a person of discernment and sophistication?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by dilpat84

Ho hum.
Bizarrely, if you order it as a 'cocktail', it comes with water, but if you just order a glass it comes on its own. I am clearly not a person of discernment and sophistication, so I always ask for a glass of iced water with it, just to be sure
Old Dec 22, 2014, 2:48 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Is the classic martini available with vodka / lemon?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.