Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boston First Lounge for pre-flight dining

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2015, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
It tends to be the same menu as that in the CCR (JFK) and CCDR (IAD).
Got it, thanks Tobias! I'll be flying BOS-LHR next week so I wanted to ready my appetite.

It always seemed like CCR(JFK) had better selections than the others.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Virgin Silver
I spent a fair bit of time in the BOS F lounge last month after our flight was delayed for around sixteen hours.

It was good food with fairly simple choices. There was a beef dish or sea bass, that kind of thing. The salad course looked very nice.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 7:11 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA lifetime gold, Marriott Rewards platinum
Originally Posted by Greatbigrobot
I spent a fair bit of time in the BOS F lounge last month after our flight was delayed for around sixteen hours.

It was good food with fairly simple choices. There was a beef dish or sea bass, that kind of thing. The salad course looked very nice.
We must have been on the same delayed flight BA238 on 18 August. We were well looked after by Juan in the F lounge. The food is good, the wine is fair, but on this occasion we did not get good information from the lounge agent about the delay. Had to go upstairs and look at the screens to learn about the 'rolling' delay.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
Had a decent enough continental breakfast in F lounge yesterday morning.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by flieduk
I can see the logic from an economic point of view but sounds awkward checking the boarding passes at table service
It works fine. The lounge is small and the dining area fairly separate. The Lounge agents in BOS are lovely and make sure you end up in the right part.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 12:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Assuming that since the BOS lounge is branded First Dining rather than Concorde Dining (like IAD) that CCR holders are not allowed into the First Dining room? (Unless in F of course)
Old Jul 31, 2016, 4:34 pm

Short question - am i allowed to have diner in the pre flight dining first Class Area as one World emerald ? Lounge clerk denied this - but the one World lounge page made it clear that i should get entrance.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 11:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum, OnBusiness, Eurostar C.Blanche
BOS BA Lounge rules as of July 2016:

First Class: First Lounge Dining Area - á la carte

Club World: Club Dining Area - Hot dinner buffet

Sapphire/BA Silver in WT/WT+/Economy: Club Lounge incl. cold snack buffet - no dining

Emerald/BA Gold in WT/WT+/Economy: First Lounge incl. cold snack buffet - no dining

To be honest I am sick and tired that each out-station makes up their own rules with regards to lounge rules.
Same as in PHL where you can't even access the BA lounge as BA Gold, if you are not traveling on BA metal. This is in straight contradiction to what the BA and also oneworld page/rules say.
I know the words British Airways and consistency usually don't come in the same sentence, but it is a slap in the face to people who spend quite an amount of money with that airline. (And I'm talking own money/own pocket... and not a daddy or an employer)
Old Aug 1, 2016, 12:06 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by superexistant
BOS BA Lounge rules as of July 2016:

First Class: First Lounge Dining Area - á la carte

Club World: Club Dining Area - Hot dinner buffet

Sapphire/BA Silver in WT/WT+/Economy: Club Lounge incl. cold snack buffet - no dining

Emerald/BA Gold in WT/WT+/Economy: First Lounge incl. cold snack buffet - no dining

To be honest I am sick and tired that each out-station makes up their own rules with regards to lounge rules.
Same as in PHL where you can't even access the BA lounge as BA Gold, if you are not traveling on BA metal. This is in straight contradiction to what the BA and also oneworld page/rules say.
I know the words British Airways and consistency usually don't come in the same sentence, but it is a slap in the face to people who spend quite an amount of money with that airline. (And I'm talking own money/own pocket... and not a daddy or an employer)
BA pre flight dining and, where available, CCR access, are only for BA F pax.

BA spa treatments at JFK and LHR are only for BA F and J pax.

Contrast this with the CX lounge experience in HKG - same for all

In MEL or SYD I was flying CX and got a great one hour massage!
Old Aug 1, 2016, 12:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum, OnBusiness, Eurostar C.Blanche
Originally Posted by nologic
Contrast this with the CX lounge experience in HKG - same for all

In MEL or SYD I was flying CX and got a great one hour massage!
Comparing any CX lounge with any BA lounge is an unfair practice in itself

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.