Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boston First Lounge for pre-flight dining

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, X Elite+
Arriving to BOS on a red eye from lax, but am on the 19:10 to LHR in F. Any idea if I am only allowed to dine 1x, or would I be able to partake in breakfast and lunch like in the CCR/galleries first in lhr?
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Kreative03
Arriving to BOS on a red eye from lax, but am on the 19:10 to LHR in F. Any idea if I am only allowed to dine 1x, or would I be able to partake in breakfast and lunch like in the CCR/galleries first in lhr?
If you have so many hours, you have plenty of time to go see something interesting in Boston itself. And I don't think that the BA Lounge is open at lunch time. Check the opening times.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
The lounge closes after 238 leaves at around 8:30am and then reopens around 3:15pm for 212. Theoretically you could go through security if you had your boarding pass and had no luggage, eat breakfast in the lounge before being turfed out and then go back for 212 in the afternoon. However this assumes that the TSA will let you through that early for an evening flight. I don't know if you'd be able to check in luggage that early although it might be possible to check it through to London from LAX.

Personally I'd either get a day room at the Hilton or go into Boston and see the city.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
The Boston first lounge is ok but I wouldn't want to spend the whole day there. It is no way near the level of the CCR.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 7:14 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
Great, hope you had a better flight on 238 than I did. I slept for a large part of it and got no benefit regarding Jet lag, and the CW VLML mostly consisted of rice cakes.
I travel BOS-LHR about twice a month for work and love 238. I get picked up at 4.30am (I live outside the city). Breakfast in the lounge, then work and movies on the plane while grazing. Late dinner in London or Windsor (I stay in one or the other) with a couple of drinks then I'm tired enough to go to sleep and wake the next morning on UK time, ready to go. ^
Old Jul 11, 2015, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by User Name
I travel BOS-LHR about twice a month for work and love 238. I get picked up at 4.30am (I live outside the city). Breakfast in the lounge, then work and movies on the plane while grazing. Late dinner in London or Windsor (I stay in one or the other) with a couple of drinks then I'm tired enough to go to sleep and wake the next morning on UK time, ready to go. ^
When I did it I had to have a night at the Hilton (no flights from ACK possible that early) and realised that I had landed the night before in BOS in time to catch all the night flights. So I was then going to 'waste' the next day travelling and having a habit of falling asleep on any mode of transport did just that and negated the jet lag reducing benefits. After that I vowed never to take that flight again. I'm pleased it works for you though.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, X Elite+
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
The lounge closes after 238 leaves at around 8:30am and then reopens around 3:15pm for 212. Theoretically you could go through security if you had your boarding pass and had no luggage, eat breakfast in the lounge before being turfed out and then go back for 212 in the afternoon. However this assumes that the TSA will let you through that early for an evening flight. I don't know if you'd be able to check in luggage that early although it might be possible to check it through to London from LAX.

Personally I'd either get a day room at the Hilton or go into Boston and see the city.
Thanks for the info. I forgot in the U.S. Lounges have intermittent opening times. I'm an Admirals Club member s I can camp out there, and luggage will be checked through from my first flight, so no issue there. Just worried about lugging my hefty backpack through the city.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Thanks for the info. I forgot in the U.S. Lounges have intermittent opening times. I'm an Admirals Club member s I can camp out there, and luggage will be checked through from my first flight, so no issue there. Just worried about lugging my hefty backpack through the city.
That's a lot of hours in the AC upon arrival...seems like an ideal use of a day room at the Hilton or the Hyatt.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Laceezmom
We are scheduled to fly BOS to LHR on the late - 10:50P - flight. We will have dinner before the flight. How is the food and service at the First Lounge or would we be better off paying for a meal at a restaurant?
I find the F Lounge a la carte dinner service in BOS is pretty good, sometimes better than on board..the soups are consistently excellent...I usually nibble a from what I like on the F lounge menu and then take a sampling of the best options although the wines and champagne are mediocre and no JW Blue...the lounge itself is small and dark (no windows)...not somewhere you'd want to hang out.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 4:21 pm

I believe there's a "Greyhound Package Express" at South Station (in the bus station, right next to the train station). If you're taking the Silver Line in from the airport, it would be relatively convenient to leave bags there for a day in the city (as that's where the SL terminates). Seems like a waste to spend all the time at Logan!
Old Jul 12, 2015, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No worries, have a great trip.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 2:40 am

Here's the current F dinner menu in the BOS BA F Lounge:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TravelCud...20041011826689

The corn green chili soup was excellent, but the star was this perfectly cooked and very tasty grass fed beef filet...so MUCH BETTER than the terrible beef filet on board BA F itself:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TravelCud...19290713784321

Last edited by nologic; Aug 6, 2015 at 2:59 am
Old Sep 2, 2015, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by nologic
Here's the current F dinner menu in the BOS BA F Lounge:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TravelCud...20041011826689

The corn green chili soup was excellent, but the star was this perfectly cooked and very tasty grass fed beef filet...so MUCH BETTER than the terrible beef filet on board BA F itself:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TravelCud...19290713784321
Thanks nologic!

Does anyone have the September menu for the BOS F Lounge by chance?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: BAEC
The BOS lounges (J and F alike) are depressing, dark and small. But the staff are absolutely super, and the pre-flight dining in the Flounge is really excellent -- had a lovely piece of lamb when I was in there in July. Comparable to the CCR. (Though the wine selection is terrible, I don't know what they serve when you ask for champagne, but I know I didn't finish the glass!)
Old Sep 2, 2015, 3:29 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Thanks nologic!

Does anyone have the September menu for the BOS F Lounge by chance?
It tends to be the same menu as that in the CCR (JFK) and CCDR (IAD).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.