Wiki Posts
Search

Boston First Lounge for pre-flight dining

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:54 pm

Programs: Gold Mega Legend
Originally Posted by flatlander
Their beer's not bad, especially for general airport beer outside a lounge

Agreed about the food being nothing to write home positively about.

For food around the centre, it's hard to go wrong with the Legal Sea Foods on the waterfront by the aquarium, time it right and you can even take a ferry boat across the harbour to the airport if you like to. The service at that Legal is usually fairly snappy, though the queue for a table can be long at popular times.
There's a Legal pre-security in Terminal C if you don't fancy the trip downtown
Old Apr 13, 2014, 10:22 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
I have a slightly more practical approach to eating whilst travelling through airports.

Not every meal in my life has to be an exquisite dining experience - sometimes there are other considerations. I would much rather get to the airport, get through security, and then take the time to eat, even if the food is not the finest that Boston has to offer.

Both F & Club pre flight dining, and the Terminal E airside restaurants serve that purpose. I prefer F pre flight dining to Club, but the Club food has improved from where it was a couple of years ago.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 1:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by travisw
I'm on the morning flight in first. Is there a breakfast service in the lounge, or should I eat at the Hilton before heading over to the airport?
There's a full sit-down breakfast service in the First lounge - as you enter, you'll be handed a pre-flight dining pass since you're travelling in First. So no need to eat at the Hilton before you head over - unless you prefer their buffet spread of course (I don't find it that impressive)!

If you did decide to eat at the Hilton, their breakfast is served from 05:30, which gives you plenty of time before you need to get to the airport - it's dead at that time of the morning so security shouldn't* be an issue.

*the usual caveats apply to this statement
Old Apr 14, 2014, 1:57 am

Programs: BA Exec, Amex Plat, CX Gold, etc.
I couldn't eat the F Breakfast in BOS. Cheap American fry up made my stomach turn at that time in the morning.

I didn't find the breakfast on the plane any more palatable. All I was after was a bowl of porridge!
Old Apr 14, 2014, 3:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
If you're still thinking about eating onboard, my (limited) experience of that flight is that it's discouraged.

The last time I was on it the CSD came to me and said something like "you probably don't want to eat but I can get a menu for you if you wish". All done very courteously but the message seemed pretty clear.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 1:44 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by ruby55
Having had a meal at the airport Hilton last week that was decidedly average, I wouldn't recommend this option, although maybe it was an off day. I can't do a comparison with the lounge food as we were only in the lounge at breakfast time.
Agree, the Hilton is just okay and not brilliant, however, it does offer an option to the airport choices, lets one stretch the legs a bit (the walk there) and offers a bit different view if you need to kill some time (but don't have enough time to go downtown)...

Originally Posted by flieduk
I can see the logic from an economic point of view but sounds awkward checking the boarding passes at table service
Originally Posted by HilFly
Dining passes are given to eligible passengers as they enter the lounge. It's not awkward at all.
Hmm, well, depending on the lounge agent and whether you enter with others or on your own...

If you are alone, are only Silver or Gold and not flying CW or F and there is no one else in front of you...then you don't get a dining pass and nothing is said about the fact that you are NOT allowed to eat in the dining areas so this can cause some embarrassment in such situations...of course, if you are entitled (flying F or CW then you get the pass), if you happen to have someone in front of you that is entitled you would hear this mentioned and not get one yourself so either ask or realise that you couldn't...

Just to provide info to those that read this thread later on and are only Silver or Gold and travelling WT+ or WT...
Old Apr 15, 2014, 1:59 pm

Agreed. I got turfed out rather abruptly from the dining area a EWR a while back. At the time I had no idea about sleeper services and dining and had assumed the buffet was available to all entitled to use the lounge.

Unfortunately I entered the dining area in one of the rare moments that it wasn't being policed and so the guy came and chucked me out as I was choosing food. It was rather embarrassing.

It's all very obvious when you know how it works, but to the occasional visitor, not so much.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, SAS Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by BotB
Just to add to what C-W-S has already mentioned;

-airport food options are very poor for a 'normal' meal in BOS

-you could eat in the Hilton that is a 5 minute walk away and attached to the airport but that would have to be before you go through security obviously

-for anyone else reading this, you need to be flying first or CW to actually eat in the BA lounges, if you are Silver or Gold that doesn't count (you can still go in the lounge and drink or have the snacks but you can't sit or eat in the dining areas)

Have a good trip!
Hi, if a bring a guest in the First lounge which is in Y and me if F, can he enjoy the pre dining?

thanks
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by norvagabond
Hi, if a bring a guest in the First lounge which is in Y and me if F, can he enjoy the pre dining?

thanks
No.
See:
When it comes to the extra provisions BA offers its own customers at its own lounges, the rules are slightly more complicated. Again, listed below are the qualifications by class of travel (which may be trumped by your status)
BA First ticket holders•BA Concorde Room:
Ticket holder and one guest. Both must be flying BA
•BA owned First lounge:
Ticket holder and one guest. Both the ticket holder and guest must be travelling on a oneworld operated and marketed flight, though not necessarily on the same flight or same carrier.
•BA owned Club lounge:
Ticket holder and one guest. Both the ticket holder and guest must be travelling on a oneworld operated and marketed flight, though not necessarily on the same flight or same carrier.
•BA Departure Spa treatments:
Ticket holder has access. No guests
•BA First pre-flight dining:

•BA Club pre-flight dining:
•BA Arrivals lounge:
Ticket holder has access to the Arrivals lounge and inner Concorde Room. No guests
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20421104-post3.html

See also:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ing-guest.html
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, SAS Gold, Sixt Platinum
Loud and clear, thanks
Old Jun 29, 2015, 7:15 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I am having trouble gleaning whether a One World Emerald travelling in economy will be able to get breakfast in the BOS lounge before BA 238 (morning flight to London). Would someone be able to give me the skinny?
Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I am having trouble gleaning whether a One World Emerald travelling in economy will be able to get breakfast in the BOS lounge before BA 238 (morning flight to London). Would someone be able to give me the skinny?
I 'believe' that it shouldn't be a problem (someone correct me if it is) as it's only the evening pre-flight dining that is policed/restricted. Having said that the last time I did BA238 (not my favourite flight) I was in Club so not 100% sure about the Flounge.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 8:33 am

Is the menu for F pre-flight a la carte dining similar to that at other BA lounges, e.g IAD, JFK?

The IAD Concorde dining room was excellent! I'll be flying out of BOS in a few months (and have lowered my expectations accordingly) and would be interested in comparing menu selections.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
I 'believe' that it shouldn't be a problem (someone correct me if it is) as it's only the evening pre-flight dining that is policed/restricted. Having said that the last time I did BA238 (not my favourite flight) I was in Club so not 100% sure about the Flounge.
You were correct. I was directed to the F side.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
You were correct. I was directed to the F side.
Great, hope you had a better flight on 238 than I did. I slept for a large part of it and got no benefit regarding Jet lag, and the CW VLML mostly consisted of rice cakes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.