F 747 or 777

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
I prefer F on the 747 as long as NF, seat 2A or 2K ^
Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ba gold
I booked lhr to Houston, out in first and back in club so I can go upstairs on the 747 ! Set me back 125,000 and 1151.70 . Next question is which seats should I book and when can I book them as a lowly bronze, is it the usual T-7 ?
Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:54 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
First anytime.
CW at T-7 unless you wish to pay. Upper deck CW seats may not be available at T-7.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Just seen that the seats in first can be reserved now, as a couple are we better off in the e and f seats or should I go for 2 A and 2K ? Row 1 is not available.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 11:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by darrencobb
Just seen that the seats in first can be reserved now, as a couple are we better off in the e and f seats or should I go for 2 A and 2K ? Row 1 is not available.
4EF are exposed and not very private. 5 EF can be affected by noise from the galley. I don't mind 2AK, though as a couple it's not easy to communicate.

I suppose go for 2A and 3A or 2K and 3K then you can use the buddy seat in row 3. Not much room at the buddy seat in row 2.

Row 3 window seats do feel rather claustrophobic though.

1A/K are blocked for Golds if they are not already taken.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 11:09 am
Original Poster

BA 747 first

As a couple should I keep seats 4E and 4F or should I go for seats 2A and 2K ? Really looking forward to my 1st trip in BA F.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 11:13 am

Depends how 'together' you want to be during the flight.

I'd take 2A and 2K, but then Mr W and I are happy to mostly do our own thing on flights. If you want to chitchat throughout and share the experience, you'd do better in the middle seats.

Enjoy your trip
Old Feb 10, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: ECH Gold
I know it feel nicer to be in seats together 4 E and 4F , however I personally would go for 2A and 2K if they are available. There appears to be more space and allow for more privacy.

Also as there is a buddy seat, you can eat together restaurant style which is always very nice.

Have a great time

Last edited by cuspidor; Feb 10, 2014 at 11:16 am Reason: Missed out eat!
Old Feb 10, 2014, 11:23 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Beware, the buddy seat on the A/K seats on the 744 are no longer a viable prospect since the Prime rollout. The width of the seat at shoulder height has been severely restricted due to the window shades.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 11:32 am
uk1
Suspended

As a couple should I keep seats 4E and 4F or should I go for seats 2A and 2K ? Really looking forward to my 1st trip in BA F.
We always take 2k and 3k and if the cabin isn't busy and we're lucky we sometimes use an adjacent f seat if empty for our cafe so we an decamp back when we're finished eating. If asked nicely they might even leave you to your own bottle of LPGS on the understanding it will be whipped away if it is turbulent.

Don't be embarrassed at all about telling the crew this is your first F experience as most decent CC will try all they can to make an extra special fuss of you and will enjoy doing so.

Enjoy your first F experience.

Old Feb 10, 2014, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everybody for all the advice, just told mrs c about the trip and she was over the moon. I'm sure after spending the last 30 years in the back of the bus we can't really go wrong.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 12:07 pm
uk1
Suspended

Thanks everybody for all the advice, just told mrs c about the trip and she was over the moon. I'm sure after spending the last 30 years in the back of the bus we can't really go wrong.
That is lovely. Just remember to ask one of those nice men CC if they will warm your nuts for you .....
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I booked lhr to Houston, out in first and back in club ... Next question is which seats should I book ...
There are threads where you'll find lots of collected wisdom in answer to these questions:-

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by cuspidor
I know it feel nicer to be in seats together 4 E and 4F , however I personally would go for 2A and 2K if they are available. There appears to be more space and allow for more privacy.

Also as there is a buddy seat, you can eat together restaurant style which is always very nice.

Have a great time
There is far more space in the middle seats than on the side on a 747 (NF anyway)

That said I'd still take 2ak myself, just due to the novelty, esp on a day flight
Old Feb 10, 2014, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Teece
Beware, the buddy seat on the A/K seats on the 744 are no longer a viable prospect since the Prime rollout. The width of the seat at shoulder height has been severely restricted due to the window shades.
It is tighter than it used to be in OF but not impossible, I have successfully dined with someone in the buddy seat on the 744 a few times.

The Mrs and I typically do our own thing on flights these days and eat whilst watching a film. The one thing we tend to do if sitting in say 1A and 1K on a 744 is to pick a film and watch it together simultaneously.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.