FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Mile High Club "etiquette" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1524364-mile-high-club-etiquette.html)

evanderm Nov 25, 2013 8:45 am

This entire thread reminds me of the scene in "Up in the Air" with George Clooney where his character boasts about 'doing it' on a plane to Vera Farminga's character describing how it was a transatlantic overnight flight and he had to come up with a cover to justify going into the loo together.

Vera Farminga's character then retorts that she did it on a regional jet daytime flight.

Polomarc Nov 25, 2013 8:48 am

On the link from the AF page the discussion was closed after 4 pages, does it mean the BA PAX are more .......(feel free to use imagination) :)

IanFromHKG Nov 25, 2013 9:00 am

Originally Posted by bnd75003 (Post 21838548)
I flew back from JFK in F last night. I spotted two guys from the F cabin "sharing" the same lavatories for 10 minutes.
I thought "you lucky b... , what a good way to spend the time in the sky!" And I hope they had fun .... Same as a passenger, what would you do? Report it back to the FA or to the CSD, talk to them, look at them with envy?

Ten minutes?

That would be a look of pity, not envy. LOL

Joely Nov 25, 2013 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Polomarc (Post 21850616)
On the link from the AF page the discussion was closed after 4 pages, does it mean the BA PAX are more .......(feel free to use imagination) :)

It shows that it is true what they say about British toilet humour (in multiple ways in this case)

Fruitcake Nov 25, 2013 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Polomarc (Post 21850616)

I think it shows the Brits are the true romantics. :eek::cool:

CountryKerry Nov 25, 2013 3:01 pm

This is brilliant! I admire anybody who'd dare join the club if it were - I don't think I'd have the courage or conviction to ask my partner let alone keep a straight face throughout the act, out of both fear and enjoyment!!

Kudos though to anyone who has!

HilFly Nov 25, 2013 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Fruitcake (Post 21853070)
I think it shows the Brits are the true romantics. :eek::cool:

Nothing says romance like a dirty onboard bathroom. :rolleyes::eek:

Edit: Can we have an emoticon for Yuk!?

haasha Nov 25, 2013 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by HilFly (Post 21853229)
Nothing says romance like a dirty onboard bathroom. :eek:

You must rush there right after the seat belt sign is off.

Kaveh96 Nov 25, 2013 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by YClass (Post 21843792)
With the advent of inflight WiFi/data, who will be the first to create the MHC app that works like Grindr/Tinder but on a plane....... see a pic, if you mutually like each other, share your seat number...

Didnt KLM have an option of you linking your facebook page to your booking so you could choose who you sat next to. Im pretty sure in the advert it showed a couple sneaking into the toilets....

haasha Nov 26, 2013 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Kaveh96 (Post 21853757)
Didnt KLM have an option of you linking your facebook page to your booking so you could choose who you sat next to. Im pretty sure in the advert it showed a couple sneaking into the toilets....

Not only KLM - see MHbuddy:

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/in/e...n/mhbuddy.html

kanderson1965 Dec 1, 2013 8:54 am

I am going to ask the obvious stupid question. Why is it called the mile high club? A statute mile equates to 5280 ft and a UK NM to 6080 ft. At these altitudes you would either be in initial climb out or on final approach. this would mean you would be in your seat with your seatbelt fastened rather than in the lavatory committing acts of public indecency.

haasha Dec 1, 2013 9:34 am

Because 6.25 Mile High Club doesn't sound as good?

bullroot Dec 1, 2013 10:21 am

Originally Posted by kanderson1965 (Post 21882146)
I am going to ask the obvious stupid question. Why is it called the mile high club? A statute mile equates to 5280 ft and a UK NM to 6080 ft. At these altitudes you would either be in initial climb out or on final approach. this would mean you would be in your seat with your seatbelt fastened rather than in the lavatory committing acts of public indecency.

Lighten up old chap. If it's in the lavatory, then it's hardly public indecency. The lavatory is a private place, is it not?

kanderson1965 Dec 1, 2013 10:52 am

From the Sexual Offences Act 2003

71Sexual activity in a public lavatory

[F1(1)A person commits an offence if—
(a)he is in a lavatory to which the public or a section of the public has or is permitted to have access, whether on payment or otherwise,
(b)he intentionally engages in an activity, and,
(c)the activity is sexual.
(2)For the purposes of this section, an activity is sexual if a reasonable person would, in all the circumstances but regardless of any person’s purpose, consider it to be sexual.
(3)A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months or a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale or both.]

Flexible preferences Dec 1, 2013 11:03 am

Originally Posted by kanderson1965 (Post 21882146)
I am going to ask the obvious stupid question. Why is it called the mile high club? A statute mile equates to 5280 ft and a UK NM to 6080 ft. At these altitudes you would either be in initial climb out or on final approach. this would mean you would be in your seat with your seatbelt fastened

A fair point, 'mile' high is all wrong!

Originally Posted by kanderson1965 (Post 21882662)
From the Sexual Offences Act 2003

71Sexual activity in a public lavatory

[F1(1)A person commits an offence if—
(a)he is in a lavatory to which the public or a section of the public has or is permitted to have access, whether on payment or otherwise,

Ah but the public do not have access, as the lavatory would be locked.