FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Mile High Club "etiquette" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1524364-mile-high-club-etiquette.html)

Joely Nov 23, 2013 2:07 pm

Outside of the 380, surely the middle set of loos on the 773 are most suited as they are double width. Those are in traveller of course so it appears we have finally found a benefit of flying in the boiler room. Bravo BA I thought you had forgotten us common folk in the tail as it appears we now have two forms of IFE.

Doc Savage Nov 23, 2013 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 21838570)
I have to plead the Third Amendment but it's not so unusual from what I've seen....

You have been quartering British soldiers in your home during peacetime....?:confused:

haasha Nov 23, 2013 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Doc Savage (Post 21840118)
You have been quartering British soldiers in your home during peacetime....?:confused:

...in the loo.

BahrainLad Nov 23, 2013 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony (Post 21839424)
This old Silverjet ad has to be worth an airing....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvtpmMrSvlI

(How they went to the wall with this service offering, I do not know!)

Still one of my favourite airline ads ever.

vibrex Nov 23, 2013 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 21839175)
The Elsan on a C-130 at the start of the ramp would be at the low end of the scale, although I'm sure the curtains have been drawn for that purpose.

Scraping the barrel for sure!
Other options available but all dependant on load :D

chistery Nov 23, 2013 4:27 pm

Once wifi is allowed, you'll see people wandering down the aisle trying to recognise people from their online profile pics. :eek:

layz Nov 23, 2013 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by chistery (Post 21840746)
Once wifi is allowed, you'll see people wandering down the aisle trying to recognise people from their online profile pics. :eek:

I never checked last time I was on AA but does the phones GPS work when connected to wifi or does a smartphone not know its location.

I know on CWLCY when connected to the mobile service the phone could track its route but I'm not sure whether that was GPS or the phone was fed the location through some other way?

NonSmokingWindow Nov 23, 2013 5:38 pm

I do hope the two lucky gents wiped down the basin as a courtesy to their fellow passengers. :D

hmados Nov 23, 2013 6:12 pm

Surely this thread belongs here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...able-time.html

Globalist Nov 23, 2013 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by angeloedades (Post 21839032)
Can someone explain the format? is that looking for two males (A total pax count of 3 including ones self) for that flight or something else?

/AE

I am sure it does not just have to be pax. If there are only 3 pax the crew might have some extra time on their hands too :)

Globalist

Joely Nov 23, 2013 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by hmados (Post 21841273)

The question is whether they breached the 17 minute barrier or remained brief and accordingly polite

cornishsimon Nov 23, 2013 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by hmados (Post 21841273)

I was just about to post this !

Wonder if the two gents in question stuck to the time limits imposed for toilet usage :D

cs

Jagboi Nov 23, 2013 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by bnd75003 (Post 21839605)
Don't think they knew each other as one came back 5 minutes after the other one and no other word exchanged for the duration of the flight.

Of course no words were exchanged, they had not yet been introduced.

FAA1996 Nov 23, 2013 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by layz (Post 21841023)
I never checked last time I was on AA but does the phones GPS work when connected to wifi or does a smartphone not know its location.

I know on CWLCY when connected to the mobile service the phone could track its route but I'm not sure whether that was GPS or the phone was fed the location through some other way?

GPS does not work in airplane mode; when I connect through gogo on AA it shows my location as the city I just departed from or in a random location. Haven't tried it on the international WiFi on the 77W but I would assume it would be similar.
BTW, threads like this are why I love the BAEC Forum....

HMPS Nov 24, 2013 3:42 am

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 21839049)
Something that was never really lacking from my life, and now it's probably too late. Damn, damn, damn.

Is it allowed with women? Just checking.

You will need three things
1 A willing partner.
2 Most of the cabin asleep
3 An OP like person to report on it ! :D

Originally Posted by kanderson1965 (Post 21839332)
Mods please lock this thread or move to OMNI, it is not befitting of the BA board. :(

While there is merit in moving it to OMNI ( thousands more reads and comments) , this type of behavior is as old as Mankind.:)