FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Mile High Club "etiquette" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1524364-mile-high-club-etiquette.html)

bnd75003 Nov 23, 2013 8:57 am

Mile High Club "etiquette"

Long time lurker, but first time poster.

There have been a few discussions about mile high club but here is my story.

I flew back from JFK in F last night. I spotted two guys from the F cabin "sharing" the same lavatories for 10 minutes.
I thought "you lucky b... , what a good way to spend the time in the sky!" And I hope they had fun.

But what is the etiquette here?
I mean as a flight attendant, if you observe the situation, what would you do? Knock at the door, spoke to the lucky passengers, report it back to corporate, do nothing?

Same as a passenger, what would you do? Report it back to the FA or to the CSD, talk to them, look at them with envy?

corporate-wage-slave Nov 23, 2013 9:03 am

Welcome bnd75003

Originally Posted by bnd75003 (Post 21838548)
Long time lurker, but first time poster.

Well that's one way to join the club, bnd75003. Sorry I meant the Flyertalk British Airways Forum, otherwise known the Board since everything is above it, of course. Thank you for the question, it's good to see you here so please come again.

I have to plead the Third Amendment but it's not so unusual from what I've seen, so long as it's not too obvious (as it was on one flight I had with, inevitably, VS). And on the A380 there's practically an invitation to get stuck in. As to your final question, depending on the plumbing you could ask to join in, but if it's a 747 it maybe a bit of a squeeze.

layz Nov 23, 2013 9:04 am

Keep the door closed and don't make too much noise :D

Did these two guys know each other previously or meet on board?

I think the A380 is more suited to this. Some massive toilets on the upper deck in CW.

aceman Nov 23, 2013 9:07 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 21838570)
Well that's one way to join the club, bnd75003. Sorry I meant the Flyertalk British Airways Forum, otherwise known the Board since everything is above it, of course. Thank you for the question, it's good to see you here so please come again.

I have to plead the Third Amendment but it's not so unusual from what I've seen, so long as it's not too obvious (as it was on one flight I had with, inevitably, VS). And on the A380 there's practically an invitation to get stuck in. As to your final question, depending on the plumbing you could ask to join in, but if it's a 747 it maybe a bit of a squeeze.

On a post about the mile high club you say that you don't want "soldiers parked in your quarters" ooh errr! :D
(Confession, I had to look up the 3rd!)

I've seen a few aborted attempts, never anyone getting away with it...

HIDDY Nov 23, 2013 9:12 am

What position were you in which allowed you such a grandstand view of this incident?

stewardo Nov 23, 2013 9:14 am

Originally Posted by bnd75003 (Post 21838548)
I flew back from JFK in F last night. I spotted two guys from the F cabin "sharing" the same lavatories for 10 minutes.
I thought "you lucky b... , what a good way to spend the time in the sky!" And I hope they had fun.

It may well have been a carer or partner helping a passenger with a disability.

Not all disabilities are immediately visible. I'm sure disabled folk love being peered at by creepy, leering ("you lucky b...") people like yourself.

layz Nov 23, 2013 9:17 am

To answer your other questions I think if the cabin crew discovers them they must look up their names on the manifest and do and announcement "congratulations to ..... and ..... who've just joined the mile high club".

As a passenger you just need to go over and ask if they'd like to perform again later in the flight ;)

layz Nov 23, 2013 9:22 am

Originally Posted by stewardo (Post 21838619)
It may well have been a carer or partner helping a passenger with a disability.

Not all disabilities are immediately visible. I'm sure disabled folk love being peered at by creepy, leering ("you lucky b...") people like yourself.

That of course is another possibility. Not everything is as it seems. Although if they just met on the plane and got talking then we could rule that out.

Greenpen Nov 23, 2013 9:22 am

Does'nt VS provide double beds to allow this in a normal civilised manner? I am sure I saw Richard showing off this facility some time ago so I had assumed it was standard on all VS planes. If these beds exist I will never, never fly BA again.

layz Nov 23, 2013 9:24 am

Originally Posted by Greenpen (Post 21838652)
Does'nt VS provide double beds to allow this in a normal civilised manner? I am sure I saw Richard showing off this facility some time ago so I had assumed it was standard on all VS planes.

I think that was more marketing than reality. Even if they had double beds you're probably not supposed to have sex in them as they'd lack privacy.

bnd75003 Nov 23, 2013 9:30 am

Originally Posted by stewardo (Post 21838619)
I'm sure disabled folk love being peered at by creepy, leering ("you lucky b...") people like yourself.

Not sure how I need to understand that.

But they clearly didn't know each other before and I really thought good for them. I found the situation really funny as I love observing people whilst sitting on a plane ( there isn't much else to do anyway)!

antichef Nov 23, 2013 9:33 am

Originally Posted by aceman (Post 21838589)
On a post about the mile high club you say that you don't want "soldiers parked in your quarters" ooh errr! :D
(Confession, I had to look up the 3rd!)

I've seen a few aborted attempts, never anyone getting away with it...

I get the funny feeling that C-W-S really wanted to describe that he would "Take the 5th" in relation to the Mile High Club, but the third gave an equally amusing response :D

layz Nov 23, 2013 9:35 am

We could start a MHC meetup wiki on this thread.

1-Dec-13 / BA1337 /M /M

(Please note I'm not really on that flight, just an example) ;)

corporate-wage-slave Nov 23, 2013 9:41 am

Originally Posted by layz (Post 21838706)
We could start a MHC meetup wiki on this thread.

1-Dec-13 / BA1337 /M /M

That's the Airbus 319 NCL to LHR service late on a Sunday. I think not, there's hardly anyone awake with a pulse on that service, not that would necessarily be a problem for some people. And in any case it has only about 10 minutes in the, er, cruise.

ManchesterBAFlyer Nov 23, 2013 9:44 am

Perhaps BA could offer membership of the MHC as a special benefit to those passengers who accrue a certain number of tier points beyond Premier.
I think it would certainly increase revenue, particularly if they mirrored the travel spa, offering a preorder selection of potential companions and activities from a menu released 30 days before the flight if travelling in First and a waitlist on boarding for those travelling in Club.