Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Airbus A380: Which are the best seats? Master discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2013, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Code: 388

Upper deck

Main deck

Summarizing based on comments thus far:

First

This post shows the seat map and individual seat ratings for First:

First Cabin A380 Seat Ratings
In order of rating:
  1. 2 A/K
  2. 1 A/K
  3. 3 A/K
  4. 2 E/F
  5. 3 E/F
  6. 4 E/F
  7. 4 A/K

Club World Upper deck
  • 50AB and 50JK: the B and J seats don’t have anyone climbing over them. There’s nothing else ahead of these seats, so this area should be fairly quiet. However, the A and K seats ... would have to lean forward a long way to look out of the single window serving this row. Good if you like having a very private space and don’t mind stepping over someone to get out. Bad if you like looking out of the window.
  • 50J for longest bed is the best. However, you only have a curtain between you and the stairs and right hand side forward loo. Should be okay but might be noisy. Partial barrier around feet.
  • 51D and 51F: no half barrier either so very good for tall people and first row of CW cabin so good for food and ease of access to loo without any galley.
  • 53AB and 53JK: the window seats have direct aisle access, so in theory these would be a lot like 64A and 64K on the 744. Unfortunately, potentially noisy.
  • 56B has a bit of extra length but also a partial barrier.
  • 59AB and 59JK: the window seats here also have direct aisle access. However, as others have mentioned, because the CW and WT+ cabins partly overlap at this point, these seats (and particularly the heads of the 59B and 59J passengers) are directly in line with the WT+ centre bulkhead bassinets, so possible noise concerns if baby behind. You can see the close proximity in the photo above for 60 DEF
  • Middle seats: since there's only a single middle seat, it's rather nice and isolated and private, at least while the dividers are up. When dividers go down it's face to face with your seatmates to the left and right. Couples who are using a middle seat will probably be better off choosing EF rather than DE, because the extra space to the right hand side of the E seat means the E and F seats are closer together.

Club World Main Deck
  • 10J definitely winner for the most length but partial barrier around feet and galley noise may be an issue. However, also first to get food!
  • 10A and 10K for window seats only. The rest have absolutely NO view as the wing is massive and all you see is reflecting Silver and a lot of flex!
  • There is a reported experience from 13AB of in-flight vibration and resonances which were enough to disturb sleep.
  • Avoid 15AB and 15JK due to proximity to the two loos that are right beside and behind this seat. (CW loo behind 15B and 15J, WT loo beside these seats although behind a curtain, near continuous use!)
  • General note: due to the curvature of the fuselage, the window seats on the main deck have a greater gap between the seat and cabin wall than the equivalent upper deck seats, thus providing more wiggle room for your legs and toes.

World Traveller Plus Upper Deck
Photos: courtesy of PETER01
  • Bulkhead seats: The legroom in the bulkhead rows of 60DEF, 61AB and 61JK is fairly good, but I’m not sure that I would take these for a night flight as you can still get closer to horizontal in the rows behind. If that’s your favoured sleeping position, the absence of leg-rests in those rows won’t matter too much.
  • Row 67: The quietness of the aircraft will mean that the toilets at the aft of the WT+ cabin are much more likely to be disturbing in this area (particularly to 67AB, 67DEF, 67JK and 68DEF) than, say, to 15AB on a mid-J 744.

World Traveller Upper Deck
  • Centre block bulkheads 70DEFG and 80DEFG have tables in fixed armrests, as one would expect. This noticeably constricts the width of the seat. The armrest between D and E is a conventional lift-up armrest – so if choosing these rows, D and E are better than F and G. Another thing about these bulkhead rows, which are in line with the exits, and the adjacent exit rows (70AB, 70JK, 80AB and 80JK), is that there is a noticeable hissing noise from the slipstream.
  • 80D and 80E are the same and could be great for space or for couples that want to lift the armrest during the flight to get closer or sleep.
  • Rear cabin: any WT seat in rows 80 to 83 would be very nice indeed as long as: there is not a stag group pissing it up here when you want to sleep! Apparently, they may offer this cabin to groups so need to be a bit careful in selecting this exclusive cabin. Also, there is noticeable galley noise in this rear cabin, and it gets worse the further aft you get.

World Traveller Main Deck
  • 25D is the throne seat on the Main Deck in WT. (no seat in front of them).
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2023, 12:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Cate_anne
Thanks for the replies. Interesting to hear you think the flight could well be full. I must admit, the possibility of an empty seat next to me was my main motivator for going for this row, so perhaps it’s not worth it.
It really is pot luck how full a flight is.
Theres no guarantee with any row to be honest, although I've had flights to and from the US that have been completely full, and others with only PE and business full, economy being maybe a third full and loads of people had entire rows to themselves.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 10:37 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond; Alaska MVP Gold
Help choosing two seats in Club World (new to BA)

I am flying to London with my husband and we have two seats booked in Club World (which seems like BA's version of Business). I have only flown BA twice before and cannot recall how the seat configurations work. Can those familiar suggest what pairings might be best for a couple traveling together? At first glance I thought 12E and 12F given we'd be facing the same direction and side by side, but does that mean we both have to step over seats 12D and 12G which seems like it could be awkward if they had the seat in a flat lie position. Any help would be appreciated! I shared below seat availability for the lower and upper decks.

Last edited by golfmad; Nov 15, 2023 at 11:14 am Reason: Merged into the main thread for this topic.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 10:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Hello MFtraveler

Here is the thread for the A380 which I hope you might find useful. Most CW seats have a little review in the Wiki.

E and F seats are ideal for couples and face backwards. If there's no window pairs it but would mean you stepping over to get out. From what you've posted so far I'd take 53E (direct aisle access) and 53 F (faces forward and at the aisle although 52 F would have to step over you)

The galley os behind row 53 but shouldn't be too much of an issue overall.

From your seatmap there only appears to be middle seats left but what does rows 56-59 show? Any window pairs?

Here's a few photo of the upper deck 56-59. There's loads of lower and upper deck Club World video/photo reviews online too

Pete

LCSinTexas and MFtraveler like this.

Last edited by PETER01; Nov 15, 2023 at 11:01 am Reason: adding info
Old Nov 15, 2023, 11:02 am

Ahh I totally forgot the bottom half of the seat map. I will take a look at the thread you sent. Unfortunately no window pairs but here is the map. And the link you sent helps so much. I would not have realized the seats were staggered

Old Nov 15, 2023, 11:24 am

There's no real 'bad' CW seat really but be aware 50 AB and 50 AK have no windows at all.

I'd recommend do not print or download your boarding pass at online checkin which will then enable you to change your seats should other ones become available. People can and do change their plans/miss connections etc and who knows, your plane type/configuration may even change so worth keeping an eye on things. Let us know how you get on, I like to read how a 'story' ends if possible please?!
Old Nov 15, 2023, 12:38 pm

Yes I absolutely will report back and thank you for the tip on boarding passes. One detail I failed to mention is that my husband is quite tall — 6' 5"

Would you say that any CW seat is good for someone of this height or should we consider 51E + 51F given they likely have extra legroom. I did read the bathrooms can be quite loud and bright but perhaps only row 50 gets the consequence from it?
Old Nov 15, 2023, 12:54 pm

Probably as he's 6'5 then perhaps 51 E and F are best (or 51 D and E)

Alternatively 53 E and F. A friend of mine is 6'4 and can sleep in a normal CW seat so im sure hubby will be fine, even more so if theres a few extra inches in 51 D and F as well as 53 E

There's not a huge amount of bathroom movement except before landing when there the usual rush but that's the case on most airlines.
MFtraveler likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium & LT Gold
I'm flying F to MIA and I am flying with someone in WT. What seat(s) should they choose so they can get off quickly and catch up to me in the jet bridge or terminal before reaching CBP so we can clear it together for our connection? I'm leaning towards main deck (Rows 22/23)
Old Dec 9, 2023, 2:47 pm

I'd say in the low 20's however 25D is a great seat for your companions journey as there's no seat front of it.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 12:56 pm

WTP A380 Window Seat or Exit Row?

Hi all,

So were flying to SFO and back from LAX with both flights being a A380, I was looking at seat selection and I currently have 61 J/K but I realised on some videos there is no window on these seats? I do love to look out and take videos on take off / landing but equally my wife hate long distance flights so the extra leg room would be appreciated.

The flight to SFO is the morning flight, I was thinking keep row 61 or move a row back and have the window seat? What would you recomend

another random question, does BA have the cameras on its A380's? I assume on take off there is no screen to be seen in the exit rows and no wall mounted screen
Old Dec 23, 2023, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Not sure about the seat but BA does not have any outside cameras on any of its aircraft

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 23, 2023, 1:10 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Aerolopa is what you need here.

https://www.aerolopa.com/ba-38a

61 does have windows, but you will see they are not that well aligned to the seat, one window a bit to far foward and one which will need you to twist your neck, it's more behind you. Whereas 62 and 64 have much better alignment.

Leg room in WTP is pretty good throughout, and particularly so on the A380, even WT isn't that squashed in.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
The following thread has a lot of information about the best seats, including club world window seats that don't have good window access. See the wiki and posts here:

Also see:
suley likes this.

Last edited by aks120; Dec 23, 2023 at 1:19 pm Reason: Deleted link post merge into the A380 thread to avoid circular link.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

61 does have windows, but you will see they are not that well aligned to the seat, one window a bit to far foward and one which will need you to twist your neck, it's more behind you. Whereas 62 and 64 have much better alignment.

Leg room in WTP is pretty good throughout, and particularly so on the A380, even WT isn't that squashed in.
I did look at
and it seemed to suggest there was no window, would you suggest stick to 61 or move to 62.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

It's not too bad actually and not as bad as it looks on Aerolopa and you have the advantage of 2 bins, an excellent amount of legroom and 2 windows which aren't too bad. @suley I'd definitely stay in row 61 in WTP, great for couples and if you have a soft ish bag as a carry on it makes a great foot rest!

Anyhow here's some photos from a previous trip report of mine, see the views too and just a tad to lean forward, sideways to see out the first window. Stay with row 61!!

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
The following thread has a lot of information about the best seats, including club world window seats that don't have good window access. See the wiki and posts here:

Also see:
The OP is asking about WTP though.

suley likes this.

Last edited by PETER01; Dec 23, 2023 at 2:00 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.